When One K-Drama Leads To The Other

you have no idea how many hours i spend searching and reviewing and making sure it has a satisfying ending :flushed: it’s literally become a second hobby to me and I kinda enjoy it more than actually watching sometimes :joy: and the satisfaction I feel when a drama meets my expectations-- “Well that was time not wasted!” :joy::joy:

Yeah
 Both of us are similar when it comes to choosing which drama to watch. Right after finishing Who Are You, I became so obsessed with Kim and Yook that I went for all of their dramas and none of them disappointed me again.
Even I look at so many forums and websites and even Wikipedia, whether the drama I am watching is good or not. I always check the reviews here and at MDL before making the drama my next love.

1 Like

This husband hunting series gave me so many sleepless nights. And this one especially, because all three candidates were so good for the lead and luckily my legendary SLS didn’t took out the time for this drama. I was okay with any of the guys. My severe bad habit of disclosing the story even before watching it took over and I got to know the husband even before I was halfway through the drama.
Sometimes, this habit could not be good but at least I won’t ever face something like WAY 2015 again O(∩_∩)O

1 Like

haha nice to see you after a LOOOONG time!! hope ur doing okay :smile:

so even our trauma comes from the same drama :joy:

1 Like

I try not to read reviews until AFTER I’ve watched a drama - I just don’t want to have expectations and biases and want to come to my own conclusions
but I do take up recommendations though

So @Choitrio recommended Zombie Detective (Choi Jin Hyuk) which I am currently hooked on (and looking forward to the next episodes) so in the midst of that, I stumbled upon a drama CJH also starred in (Fated to love you). CJH was second lead but I “fell hard” for the weird-quirky-swaggery-sexy-kind lead character Lee Gun (played by Jang Hyuk) and so I also became a Jang Hyuk fan. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I am glad you are enjoying Zombie Detective. It’s a really fun one to watch, but hard to translate. I am trying to make sure that the humor doesn’t get lost in the translations. Not only is it funny/witty, but the drama makes a ton of references to other popular Korean movies (such as Parasite) and K-dramas ( such as Jewel in the Palace) and incorporates other pop culture. I am a CJH fan myself and that’s why I volunteered to translate this drama. Check out his more serious role in Tunnel if you haven’t already.

2 Likes

i don’t mean those “omg it’s such an AWESomeee drama!!!” reviews
more like plot summaries, and unbiased opinions on OSTs, cinematography, OTP chemistry(this is important), plot depth(VERY important) and whether or not it’s a happy ending.

oh dear my watchlist is growing out of control!! :joy:

2 Likes

@vivi_1485 :joy: relatable and the experience is different for everyone - whatever works for me does not really work for others :grin: and vice versa - I go in “blind” 95% of the time :smile:.

@choitrio - thank you for the Tunnel recommendation :heart_eyes: will def check it out. RE: Zombie, I noticed the other K drama references :joy: but somehow missed the “Parasite” reference. This show is witty and funny for sure and oh my CJH :heart_eyes: You are doing a wonderful job in translating - thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome. You will really enjoy Tunnel. As to the Parasite reference in Zombie Detective, if you remember the the scene where CJH is folding the pizza boxes, I put in a T/N (Translator’s Note).

1 Like

oh ok I remember that now and yes, I did think of Parasite :smile:

Just did a Viki search for “Tunnel” and it’s not available in my area :disappointed_relieved: but there are other CJH works in there so I’ll take it :grin:

I would say “same” except sometimes I do pay attention to which drama to watch
 and other times I’m like, “well, this looks good”. There are many dramas I don’t remember why I started watching them
 or why I continue to watch them

1 Like

It’s too bad about Tunnel. If you have Netflix, it’s available on there as well. Another CJH drama I enjoyed is Devilish Joy.

1 Like

Awesome! We do have Netflix.

2 Likes