Which Japanese dramas/movies do you really want to watch on Viki? šŸ‡ÆšŸ‡µ šŸÆ

Rurouni Kenshin :grinning:

https://youtu.be/i9Yc2UsTAi8

13 Likes

I would like to watch :cherry_blossom: Hana Yori Dango :cherry_blossom: because it was one of the first Japanese dramas that I saw and liked, what made me love Japanese dramas. :jp: :heart_decoration:

9 Likes

Just about everything I have watched elsewhere because I would like for them to be translated into my language in order for people in my country that donā€™t know good English to be able to enjoy them as I did.
Examples: Ace won Nerae, Attention please, Attack No1, Nurse Aoi, Anego, Bambino, samurai high school, hero 1&2, chance, change, golden bowl,love revolution, love generation, 14 sai no haha, tumbling, umazerou, fireboys, rescue, god hand teru,iruye team dragon all seasons, gokusen all seasons, code blue all seasons, bloody monday 1 and 2, binbo danshi, at home dad, abarenbo mama, edison no haha, prince of tennish live action, absolute boyfriend 1 and 2, almost 40, hataraki man, gyne, koumizarou, and many many more.

5 Likes

Want to rewatch it too, I probably forgot most of it :slight_smile:
I loved Rui XD

There is the Season 2 of Hana Yori Dango aka Hana Nochi Hare (that is broadcasted right now).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGOc-RyZOC4

5 Likes

1 Litre of Tears

7 Likes

Uh oh! From this title I understand it must be veeery melodramatic.

2 Likes

The Frist Hana Kimi Serie and the Hana Yori Dango Things _
And many more older ones

3 Likes

Yes, Iā€™ll admit that 1 Litre of Tears can be a very emotionally moving story, but hereā€™s what I like about it.

• Rather than being pure fiction, itā€™s based on a true story, and a best-selling book written by the heroine herself. Of course, Iā€™m sure the usual dramatic liberties were taken in the script, but still, itā€™s not totally manufactured.

• This is one of the first J-dramas I was exposed to, and contributed to my getting hooked on Asian dramas. It aired in 2005, although I saw it several years later. There may be some nostalgia involved in wanting to see it again, but thereā€™s more to it than that.

• There was a lot of effort involved in actually watching this drama. Without the benefit of Viki or any other such service to see it on, I had to hunt down sequential excerpts from it on YouTube in order to watch it. The pieces I could find were often of different lengths and of varying resolutions, posted by an assortment of users. Definitely not optimal, but the fact that I was willing to go through that to watch speaks to how this drama was able to grab me and hold my interest. So now, I would really like to watch it as it was meant to be seen - without the fragmentation and in HD!

4 Likes

Well, if viki doesnā€™t get it, itā€™s available somewhere. I easily found it. Of course Iā€™m not allowed to post a link, but a very short search should yield results.

For other people.
Here is the summary I found:
15-year-old Ikeuchi Aya is an ordinary girl, the daughter of a family who works at a tofu shop, and a soon-to-be high schooler. However, odd things have been happening to Aya lately. She has been falling down often and walks strange. Her mother, Shioka, takes Aya to see the doctor, and he informs Shioka that Aya has spinocerebellar degeneration - a terrible disease where the cerebellum of the brain gradually deteriorates to the point where the victim cannot walk, speak, write, or eat.

User reviews from that site:

_I watched a lot of K-drama and J-drama that a lot of people say that would make you cry but I never cried that much while watching it, It makes me sad but not to the point that would make me cry that much teary eyed maybe?? But this drama broke the record! 1 Liter of Tears indeed! Iā€™ve watched it twice already but the impact of the drama in me is still the same! Iā€™ts the only time that I watched a drama that would make me cry and sad soooooo much!!
Such an amazing story!!

Little drops of water is what makes an almighty ocean!
You are really gonna need 1 litre of tears till you reach the final episode (T_T)

Too much tearsā€¦ this show reallyā€™ll break you heartā€¦

I watched this over 10 years ago and still to this day, this is the saddest thing Iā€™ve ever watched. You just cannot compare this to anything else. It still withstands as being iconic to meā€¦thereā€™s just so much meaning to it. Iā€™m not entirely sure if Iā€™d watch it again though - just cos Iā€™d cry all over again and be in such a state. (Just to give you an idea: I remember I cried every episode except the first. And by cried, I mean sobbed.) However, you cannot miss this. Just prepare yourselves!

So, yeah, I think Iā€™m going to skip. Enough sad things happening around meā€¦

1 Like

I love this topic:)
There were a lot of dramas mentioned, so I wonā€™t even mention them anymore (Hana Yori Dango, 1 liter of Tears!!!), but I would add the original Rich Man Poor Woman, with Shun Oguri (he nailed it there; literally).
What I love mostly about Japanese dramas is that they approach subjects in a very realistic way. I totally loved Nigeru wa haji da ga yaku nitatsu (I even learned the dance:)), From 5 to 9, Death Note is a must see, I really loved the Liar Games series, also Boku Unmei no Hito Desu (I laughed a lot, I mean, A LOT at that drama:)). Plus they have a lot of good highschool-dramas, so yeah, some more content from the genre would be awesome:)

6 Likes

one liter of tears
Last friends
AlgernonĀ“s flowers.
hikari no Tomo ni

2 Likes

Maybe dramas like Boku to star no 99 nichi being a little cross over with k-drama would also peek the interest of people that usually only watch k-dramas. Aside from that I really liked Buzzer Beat. Nodame Cantabile is also pretty famous. But some more current dramas/movies would also be great. Re:LIVE was a nice movie for example, relatively light hearted.

2 Likes

I would love for you guys to watch here at Rviki WHAT I LONG FOR.

Itā€™s something like the American version of 13 reasons why. Trying to make sense of their suicide. The Japanese version is not why but WHAT. The american version concentrates on WHY. Really cool, I recommend both.

1 Like

I need to watch this drama! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes! I was looking for Hana Yori Dango, Last Friendsā€¦ Classic Japanese Dramas.
Please!!! <3333

4 Likes

Last Friends! <3

I want to see jin japanese version, long vacation, engine,pride, nagareboshiā€¦

1 Like

guardian, beautiful bones, shirlock, lady shurlock and many more. I want to see them all.

1 Like

There are so many JDrama I love! Can you please upload Bloody Monday!? One of my favourite dramas ever :blush:

Days with you.
un litro de lƔgrimas.
ƚltimos amigos
Flores de Algernon.
Hikari no Tomo ni
Niini no Koto wo Wasurenaide
I just wanna hug you.

1 Like