Which Japanese dramas/movies do you really want to watch on Viki? 🇯🇵 🏯

:sunglasses: I recently discovered " The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window (2021) ":eye::eye:
It would make me very happy to be able to watch it with subtitles in my native language on Viki
:grinning:
image source : mydramalist
Native Title: [さんかく窓の外側は夜]
Also Known As:[Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru] , [さんかくまどのそとがわはよる]
Genres:mystery,horror,supernatural; ghost, suspense, exorcim ,supernatural power…
starring Jun Shison as Kosuke Mikado, Masaki Okada as Rihito Hiyakawa, and Yurina Hirate as Erika Hiura

A series that is not recommended for any age, psychologically speaking, but memorable in its own way…:eye::eye:

in memoriam
https://www.viki.com/celebrities/10636pr-haruma-miura

Yeah, me too :raised_hands:

Rurouni Kenshin Movies

Rurouni Kenshin Animes

1 Like

::eye::eye:
… fresh … from December 22, the second series
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Borderland_(TV_series)

Another Japenese movies you should watch are the “High and Low”. They have several of those out.

1 Like

@porkypine90_261
:sunglasses:
Thank you for this little list…
All the mentioned are real treasures in cinematographic art, they are benchmarks and references in the study of the depth of the art of acting, scenography and directing and they all use primordial philosophy and then psychology as a basic tool.
Films, whether historical, artistic or fantastic… if do not carry and transmit in and through them emotion, message, education, if do not go beyond the screen and the retina, it means that they have not achieved their goal…
Whether we are talking about the analysis, decomposition and reconstruction of characters through classical or modern acting methods, cinematography is the undeniable historical witness, a tool for the psychological development of the masses through the transmitted message, and, categorically, its purpose is to create a better world.
Regardless of the reason for the “consumption of films”, that it is only for entertainment, curiosity, from the desire for knowledge or study, promoting, transmitting the message as eloquently as possible is the hardest part of this art, because it must be memorable, opening horizons and perspectives for humanity.

1 Like

After a heavy Berlinale we return to ours.
Do we like adventure movies? If they have a little bit of “that historical something” it’s perfect…
Then, “KINGDOM” be it!

Kingdom 3: Flame of Destiny (2023)

Release Date: Jul 28, 2023

Kingdom 2-2021

Anything serious - as opposed to monolithic romantic comedy - would be great. I have a bunch of posts above this that mention specifics, but generally some Medical dramas, Detective dramas, Historical dramas, Paranormal / UFO / Ghost Story dramas, School dramas not focused exclusively on romance, would be a big improvement.

It’s not that I don’t like comedy and romance as well as serious drama, but currently comedy - particularly romantic comedy - is almost all of Viki’s content from Japan. I got this in my email from Viki just a few days ago:

And again the number of Japanese dramas at Viki is still pathetically small to begin with.

Very weird given that Rakuten is a Japanese company, even when you consider the legendary difficulty in persuading Japanese TV entities to license their work for English subbing.

Will anyone at Viki ever make the effort to change this situation?

1 Like

LOVING watching [FOLLOWERS]. I have laughed so much with this very entertaining mature actors/actress short series [9 Episodes].

NOT gonna BOTHER making a request here at RVIKI, but if you have NETFLIX Check it out and Enjoy it!

:yawning_face:

This just in this morning in my inbox, with the subject line “Look What We Have For You”:

Supernatural Romantic Comedy, Romance and Romance.

Just what Viki needs for its Japanese drama lineup: More of the single-genre monolith of “Rom-Coms-And-Only-Rom-Coms.”

Where are the Detective shows? The Medical dramas? The Historical dramas? The serious dramas? Still waiting for something to change at RomCom. com, but this ^ does not give me grounds for optimism.

**What Will You Do, Ieyasu?- ***Dou Suru Ieyasu (2023)*Dousuru Ieyasu (どうする家康) :clap:
******Tokugawa Ieyasu’s Great Adventure

source:

I would really love if Our dinning table came to Viki, it’s such a lovely Japanese BL.
“Bokura no Shokutaku (2023) - MyDramaList” Bokura no Shokutaku (2023) - MyDramaList