Which Japanese dramas/movies do you really want to watch on Viki? šŸ‡ÆšŸ‡µ šŸÆ

name : Your Lie in April movie (2016)

Kosei Arima won numerous piano competitions while under the strict watch of his mother. He was known as the human metronome during that time. Since the death of his mother, Kosei Arima has been unable to hear the sound of his piano. Kosei Arima then meets Kaori Miyazono through childhood friend Tsubaki Sawabe. Kaori Miyazono plays the violin and has a free sprit. Since meeting her, Kosei Arima is able to face the piano again. Meanwhile, Kaori holds a secret. by mydramalistā€¦

Dxdnpc
Modulo di richiesta del titolo di Viki: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713-Request-a-TV-Show-or-Movie

5 Likes

Hereā€™s a list of some of the dramas + movies I enjoyed:
No specific orderā€¦

Heroine Disqualified (Movie)

Good Morning Call (Drama)
Good Morning Call: Our Campus Days (Drama)
Tsumari Suki tte iitai n Dakedo (Drama)
Douse Mou Nigerarenai (Drama)
Kanojo wa Kirei datta (Drama - Japanese Ver. of, She Was Pretty)
Ashi Girl (Drama)

*If I can think of more Iā€™ll add them to the thread. I never kept track of what I watched, but itā€™s a lot. lol

3 Likes

Douse Mou Nigerarenai is already available on viki :wink: But the others seem interesting. Maybe viki would add them.

5 Likes

Oh! I forgot to check that it was. Thank you for pointing it out. :smiley:

3 Likes

Tokyo Love Story (1991)

2 Likes

I havenā€™t been back to Viki in a month or so, but just now took a look at their lineup of J-dramas, filtered by ā€œNewestā€ andā€¦ out of the first page of 20 titles, it looks like there is only one (1) that is not a Romantic Comedy and/or a BL thing (which since I am not of that orientation, is not interesting to me):
https://www.viki.com/v1/explore?country=japan&sort=latest

The one non-Rom-Com Japanese drama is ā€œTokyo Noodle Factory,ā€ andā€¦ hey wait a minute, now that I think of it I actually watched that one. The fact that I didnā€™t even immediately remember it is a good indicator of its mediocrity. It was ā€œokā€ but shallow and soulless.

Iā€™ve heard people make the excuse for Viki that ā€œRom-Coms are what most people wantā€¦ā€ I disagree (my constant broken-record harping here about getting just a couple Medical, Detective, Mystery or Paranormal dramas is one indicator,) but adopting that ā€œTop 40 AM Radioā€ criterion is a lazy cop-out anyway.

If everybody thought that way there would be no innovation, no adventure, no creativity, no individuation, no need for effort, no need for talent, no need for anything but ā€œstick more of the same on there,ā€ a.k.a. zero variety. IOW, a dull, drab, grey wall of mind-numbing sameness.

Which unfortunately is an accurate description of Vikiā€™s current program lineup.

Maybe we should invent a contest: Betting on how many more months will go by before Viki presents a J-Drama that is some other genre than ā€œYet Another Tepid, Yawn-Inducing Romance.ā€ Viki is dying of terminal cowardice, I think.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to watch Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, Bambino!, Iryu Team Medical Dragon, Yasha. It would be great to watch more varied J-doramas, not only those focused on teenage loveā€¦

1 Like

I would love to watch many, many Japanese Detective/Doctor X/ kind of dramas/movies. They also have great ghost short stories that are amazing. But I would give anything to see the Documentaries they had in the past of different parts of Japan. They also had documentaries of their festivities and competition. I canā€™t believe they never brought those back. To think that the foundation of Rakuten started with a group of Japanese (2 female and I believe 4 male?) It makes no sense we donā€™t have any of that here at Rakuten Viki.

3 Likes

I really would like to watch the new version of Kurosagi https://mydramalist.com/736237-kurosagi
Iā€™m a big fan of the original drama with Yamashita Tomohisa and Horikita Maki <3
I hope that the new one would also be a masterpiece!

2 Likes

Is the link the new version?
Screenshot_20221112-002923_WhatsApp

Letā€™s put in for it to come to Viki:

1. https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713-Request-for-a-TV-Show-or-Movie

2. Screenshot_20221121-083503_Chrome

3 Likes

Yup, link is to the new version (Iā€™m not good at posting links in discussion :sweat_smile:)
Thank you <3

2 Likes

Request done. Hope we get to see it here soon!

2 Likes

" The Emperorā€™s Cook " / 2015

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_Cook
IMDb

2 Likes

In The Wake (2021)

• Movie: In The Wake
  • Release Date: Oct 1, 2021
  • Duration: 2 hr. 15 min.
  • Content Rating: G - All Ages
    mydramalist.com

And why not, the list of films broadcast in 2022 until now
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Japanese_films_of_2022

1 Like

Same, Iā€™d love to watch again both Seasons of Switch Girl, lead actress Mariya Nishiuchi was unforgettably adorable!!

1 Like

I want boys over flowers season 2 (2018) !!! and the movie ā€˜Honeyā€™

2 Likes

I would like to see ā€œKurara Hokusai no Musumeā€ (2017)
(ā€œKurara: The Dazzling Life of Hokusaiā€™s Daughterā€)

I noticed toilet scnes and humor in Chinese, Japanese and Korean dramas and movies. Which do I really want to watch? Well, can you help me list Japanese dramas and movies made from 2016 until now with a male protagonist sitting on the toilet (defecating, constipated, diarrhea etc.). E.g. Waikiki (2018). Ep. 16. Recent Chinese and Korean too. Interested in this cultural phenomenon. I want to observe this cinematografic phenomenon for my research as I find it to be quite frequent in these three productions. Maybe I am wrong.

Interesting, a starting point in the Japanese BL series
image source : mydramalist

1. Takumi-kun Series: Soshite Harukaze ni Sasayaite (2007)[46][2]
  2. Takumi-kun Series: Niji-iro no Glass (2009)[57]
  3. Takumi-kun Series: Bibō no Detail (2010)[58][59][60]
  4. Takumi-kun Series: Pure (2010)[61]
  5. Takumi-kun Series: Ano, Hareta Aozora (2011)[62][56]
1 Like

loved the manga

1 Like