Which languages do you know and which do you want to learn?

Let’s post my know and/want to learn languages too :smile:

I know:
Dutch (native)
English

I want to learn:
Korean
Japanese
Spanish

Next to those I also want to know a bit of German, was able to understand it and talk it a little as a child because we went on holiday there and used to watch german tv shows from time to time too but lost most of my knowledge. Right now I’m focusing on Korean, tried Japanese in the past but that did confuse me at some point.

I know: Italian (native), English (fluent), Deutsch and French but I can’t speak them fluently.
I wanna learn Korean and I tried to study it on my own but it’s too hard :frowning: I can help with Italian ^^

I know:
Spanish (native)
English (fluent)
French and Italian (beginner)
Korean (beginner)
Japanese (beginner)

I want to learn:
Mandarin
Thai
And continue to flunt level which I’m beginner :slight_smile:

I know:
English

Want to learn/Working on learning:
Spanish (intermediate)
Korean (intermediate)
Italian

Hoping one day I could feel confident enough to move some other languages over to the “I know” category. :smile: I also like to learn a little about every language to experience them a bit.

The Languages that I know are:

1. English
  2. Cantonese
  3. Mandarin

Languages that I want to learn are:

1. Korean
  2. French (with better fluency than I am now)
  3. Spanish (with better fluency than I am now)

I think by learning more about different languages would help me to better improve my current segmenting skills.

By the way, If any of you are fluent in the language you know (especially Spanish, Korean, Mandarin, and French) as well as English. Please Look out for Ninja Subbing Academy’s Opening This Summer!

More news are yet to come!

Please visit us here:

http://www.viki.com/tv/1863c-ninja-segging-subbing-academy

As well as our Official Website:

http://www.ninjaseg.com/

1 Like

I guess it’s not a coincidence that all of us speak or are interested in a few different languages and we’re all here on www.viki.com! ^^

These are the languages I know:
Italian
English
French
German
Japanese
Korean

I’d like to improve my Korean and become fluent (I really hope I can do it!!) and keep improving my Japanese too… I kind of stopped it when I began Korean as I didn’t want to confuse my brain too much… In the beginning I’d always remember the Japanese word before the Korean and it was driving me crazy! Haha

If anyone needs help, especially with Italian, send me a message! ^^

I know:
German (native)
English

I want to learn:
Korean (First I learned only with a books and drama, later I took lessons. Unfortunately, I had less and less time to go to class and had to end this.)
Chinese

I know:
Italian (native)
German (fluent/native)
English (fluent)
French (Basic communication)

I want to learn:
Korean
Japanese

I speak fluently english and Italian (mothertongue)

I’m currently learning korean by myself, and I would like to learn spanish, chinese (too difficult LOL)

¡Bienvenida! ¿De dónde eres?

You’re actually doing really great, so I’m sure you’ll get there soon enough. Fighting!

It is a difficult language for self-study. I agree wholeheartedly.

LOL. Welcome to the club!! I don’t know why, but I thought you’d been here and posted before.

This is an awesome goal. How did you learn the Korean you know so far?

Maybe after you learn Korean it won’t seem so difficult and you can really go for it then.

1 Like

I started learning on www.talktomeinkorean.com and I bought 2 of their workbooks. Right now I’m self-studying, with the help of my boyfriend (who is Korean), but I find the pronounciation especially difficult.
I enjoy watching Kdramas on Viki and try to pick up new expressions or vocabulary ^^

It’s not easy but I’m good at keeping myself motivated… I just need to stick with it!

@alienluvah This topic is inspired by this topic made by me as dee mentioned in the opening post :smile:

1 Like

I know:
English
Spanish (some of the words)

I want to learn korean because im planning to go there maybe after my studies.

I know English (native), Italian (advanced), and am learning French!

I’d love to learn Korean and German some day!

That’s really cool. What are you studying?

I know what you mean. I think I’m saying ㅏ when to a native it sounds likeㅐor something like that. Plus, I still can’t tell the difference between a couple single vs double consonants. LOL

Yeah. A little bit for the basic, noun, verb, etc.

I know English and French and want to learn at least Korean and Chinese. I have started to self teach myself both of these languagse but will be taking a Chinese course at university in the fall!

1 Like

I know

• Italian (native)
  • English (fluent)
  • French (fluent)
  • German (intermediate)
  • And I’m teaching myself Korean… I can have a basilar conversation with a native speaker. I have a korean penpal that’s helping me a lot and I’m getting better day by day also thanks to her tips :slight_smile:

I want to learn

• Chinese (Probably I’ll start taking Chinese classes in September :heart_eyes:
  • Spanish (I found a good workbook and I’m gonna buy it tomorrow morning, I can’t wait)
    Plus, lately I’ve been pretty interested in
  • Tagalog
  • Vietnamese

:blush:

1 Like

I know:
German (native)
English (fluent)
Japanese (only a little)
French (school, forgot quite a lot…)

I want to learn:
Japanese
Korean

That’s great!! Where did you find a penpal?