Which languages do you know and which do you want to learn?

no problemo, why not ?? the only words in italian I know are pasta, vida, amor, pizza, pesto, si, bella, padre, madre…

Estamos igual tambien quiero aprender coreano pero en una pagina de español.

should be amazing.

duolingo for spanish-english i don’t like because the last time i can practice my writing in this platform and one sentences it is bad translating, but is excellent when do you can learned basic things of this language or in my case i can practice english because i was study english more or less 3 years ago and i forget how writing someone’s words and something verbs.

I’m going to start with a Spanish language course next year in the evenings. People told me just go for it and I thought why not?! So I can’t wait till I can sign up… there is a course starting next week too but I decided to wait when the weather is a bit better.

1 Like

i know for practice spanish-english is more vocabulary and something verbs, if you have learning basic of spanish duolingo is perfect but if you have writing perfect in spanish i don’t know because i can practice ingles-spanish for is perfect because i have basis in english, more time i forget words and grammar because i don’t have one person that i can practice , for this reason viki is perfect for me.
The next time i can use this program spanish-english because i can practice my writing in english and i don’t like how translate one sentence , but you can learning, animasl, food, colors, numbers, you can listening with one person that speak spanish of spain , bussines, profesion and more. Could be perfect.

you can learning spanish?

i speak spanish (native)
i know english i study in school when i finished my school i take a class of english there i learning speak english bit more fluent, and learning all verbs, when i get in university i have took two levels of english it was more practice, this moment i can practice vocabulary in viki, writing in english also here and duolingo. i want perfect my english 1st is requirement have level B1 2nd i can converse with other people.
I would like to learn
korean maybe chinese , japanese.

I’m going to take evening classes with some organization which offers all different kinds of Spanish courses from beginner to advanced and they also offer trips to Spain to learn Spanish there. But I just gonna start with the beginners course and see from there.

good look you will finish speak spanish with accent of spain. But is normal because you’re european.

Hello everyone,

I’m impressed by seeing, how many languages can be spoken fluently by one person. I was back in school not very good at learning languages, but after I’ve watched some English series, I’ve learned it better. I hope that will helping me, with other languages, too. Since I’ve found viki.com.

I know:
German (native)
English

I want to learn:
Korean
Japanese
Chinese

I’ve already tried Japanese, because I love Animes and Mangas. But I started with Kanjis and figured out, it will take more time than I can effort, at the moment. I’ve learned only 100 from around 2.100 Kanjis. But I know a few words of Japanese, but I can’t write them. As I began to watch Korean Drama the most, I decided to learn Korean. I almost know how to speak and write Hangul and a few words and sentences. But still learning, with the goal to visit Korea one time and to helping translate it to German and English.

Greetings from Germany,

Janina

I wonder how people don’t mix up the languages if they can speak so many ^^

I know:
German (native)
English

I’m currently learning:
Japanese

I used to learn French back in school but I had a very difficult time trying to learn it and unfortunatly forgot most of it by now. In general I’d like to know a lot of languages but right now I would like to learn Korean as well but it is recomended, not to learn two similar languages at the same time and I’m already mixing Japanese with Korean.

I do mix up languages, I get sometimes a blackout in a language I speak I can’t find a word but know it in the other languages and it’s very frustrating, I call it the language salad.

• Czech / mother tongue till 9 yrs
  • German and Swiss German attended schools / work
  • French in school and working 4 yrs in Geneva
  • English in school and London 3 m. and working as au pair 4 m. / living in USA
  • Spanish 2 months in Malaga EP, 4 months working in Ibiza

Would like learning Korean one day when more time, I understand a lot of words on drama but not full sentences and I know Hangul a handful, if you don’t practice you forget.

2 Likes

Unless I need to speak in a very official manner (e.g. at work), I find switching language codes relaxing, not frustrating.
Words carry their own connotations and there are slight nuances when you use them in a different language.

Well it’s relaxing if you know that the other person also understands the other language you’re trying to speak instead :smiley: Since I use a lot of English and I love using English I find myself slipping into English phrases at school or something and I have these awkward moments where I phrase German sentences wrong or just put parts into English. And then I just kinda sit there with brain freeze and trying to figure out how to freaking say it in German :smiley: (Aaaawkward.)

3 Likes

I think that watching movies and series in the language you want to learn while reading English subtitles is a great practice for pronounciation.
That’s why people from countries which have dubbed films and series instead of subtitled ones have trouble pronouncing foreign languages (I’m thinking notably of Italy)

So, there you are! The perfect excuse for watching more k-dramas. Yaaay!

3 Likes

I kind of know what you mean. Sometimes I know what I want to say but I can only remember the word in English (mainly) so I look it up in a dictionary to remind myself what the German word is ^^"

2 Likes

Did anyone use the BETA learn mode here? In which videos?

It sais it’s only available for Chinese dramas here: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/228254608-What-is-Viki-s-new-Learn-Mode-
Ok I found one “My Amazing Boyfriend” has the option available for example.
It seems you can click through the segments (back- and forwards) to hear and read a certain phrase again and learn it.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll have a look. I had found some videos, but couldn’t enable the option. I’ll try the one you suggested.