Who is blobby?

i really like the color of the tote bag, waiting for mine!

2 Likes

Nice! I would totally wear that mask if it’s not to big. And for a change the tote bag has an other color too

4 Likes

Really? Which color did you see?

Jelly of the tote bag right now. Too bad I started contributing late Nov. so I didn’t make the cut off for the QC gift. It’s so cute though. The mask too. I would totally wear it.

4 Likes

In the mask, you see last line on the left side the second bobbly has a heart over the ‘‘head’’ That’s the same drawing I saw on the survey; so I suggested the name Lobbly. Why if is a mascot, they have so many different designs of it?

3 Likes

I’m guessing they made several designs to choose from? The one with a heart is cuter than the one they chose in the end.

2 Likes

@ajumma2

Definitely agree with that. I wish I had copy the image of the heart/bobbly I saw in the survey. Now, the one they chose in the end has two symbols on the right side, and to me, that must mean something. We have to be careful with symbols used and their meaning. They need to explain what the symbols represent. Maybe someone here knows… ?

1 Like

I think one is Japanese/Chinese character, and the other one is English alphabet, A? To symbolize translation/subtitling. I would have thought they would have included a Korean alphabet since majority of their content is Korean, but then again, Rakuten is a Japanese company, so…

3 Likes

@ajumma2

I read somewhere that the mascot is just for the PROJECT FINDER area only. But since they have not given much information about it there’s no way to know much about the Blobby? mascot. The survey only shows the (mascot) picture, and has one line for us to write our made up name we suggest for the mascot, and a submit button.

They are already advertising the mascot so much, and we don’t even have a clue/idea as to what this ‘‘mascot’’ is all about. They even added the bobbly all over the viki face mask even before us taking the survey. I guess Rakuten company wants to start selling merchandise with this mascot logo on them, but I’m hoping we get more feedback on the idea of this mascot being here at viki. Does it really serves any purpose? sigh

PS. I hope they don’t plan on replacing the name ‘‘viki’’ with this mascot bc that would be so tragic to say the least.

1 Like

@lutra kindly reminded me that this is supposed to be the new “Community mascot.”

Name the New Community Mascot! We’re excited to introduce the new Viki…

To: all_active_qcs

Name the New Community Mascot!

We’re excited to introduce the new Viki Community mascot! And YOU, the community, get to choose its name!

And the survey has the cute heart next to it.

5 Likes

Since its a mascot, it’s like a little live thing. Its not a logo. If it was a logo, there has to be only one image. So because it’s a mascot, you can have as many designs of it as you want. Everyone’s going to look at it and go “Oh, that’s ______” in whatever form it is. The one with the heart will probably be used in messages/forms that thank volunteers.

5 Likes

Check your inbox, everyone!

Viki asks for your final name suggestion. It’s no multiple choice answer like we suspected, but just like last time … Type it …

I will still go with Bubbly, but what was the use of asking last time, then?

6 Likes

Well I got this email:
Final Call: Name the New Community Mascot!

Don’t forget! If you haven’t yet, submit your ideas for the new community mascot!

Visit the form below to see the mascot and fill out your name suggestions:

Form closes March 3rd at 12PM PST.

The team will review, and final name voting will take place in March.

Love,
Viki Community Team

6 Likes

It’s still our suggestions, they will review them all. Then probably in March we will get a multiple choice form with all of our suggestions.

6 Likes

It looks like they are giving a final chance to those who haven’t submitted any suggestions yet. Since I’ve already submitted the first time, I won’t submit it again. Go, Bubbly! :smiley:

5 Likes

Haha, I am so tired - I haven’t seen the “if you have not …”
LOL It said - Thank you.
We will see then sometime in March

5 Likes

It won’t surprise me if Blobby just stays the name of Blobby but we will see.

6 Likes

You are probably right!

3 Likes

I just wonder if they’ll also take down this dog…

This doggy is also removed from channel pages that do not exist anymore.
Earlier, this dog greeted you, but now there are recommendations.

4 Likes

I’m heartbroken! that doggie was the cutest thing, and it helped me to not get so angry when I got the dreaded message: ‘‘Oops page not found’’

I LOVED< LOVED when he opened and closed his eyes. I’m really upset about this. Bring my doggie back…:please!!! sobbing::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes