Who is blobby?

Hammy, was the dog of I guess former community manager Michael. Those were the times we probably had the fastest connections between Viki and the volunteers. “Those were the days my friend, we thought they never end, we sing and dance forever and a day, or so …”

Screenshot%20(632)

4 Likes

Yeah those where the times where staff interacted a bit more with the staff and made fun videos.

Like here:

And here:

I remember they once made a fun video on how the volunteer process goes. Like video uploaded -> cut in pieces -> subbed in English -> edited -> release for other languages. Can’t find that video anymore. I guess they just deleted it because none of the staff in it still works for Viki I guess.

To bad that interaction is all gone now :frowning:

2 Likes

Lately, whenever we bring something “ancient” on Viki Discussions, Viki gets rid of it. They did that with that Sageuk Channel and viki.com/;

I guess now these two channels will also have to say goodbye. I just hope they don’t.

2 Likes

Bubbly made it too the top 12 :partying_face:

4 Likes

Everyone - the voting for the mascot name has now started! And @my_happy_place and my user-nicknames are on it! :laughing::joy::joy:
Screenshot_20220319-073850_Chrome
I personally can’t decide between Kiwi and Vivi :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Funny! I don’t know how I feel about the options available.

4 Likes

I feel like Vic, Victor, Vikito and Kivi are just someone being LAZY :joy:

5 Likes

OMG! Thanks for letting me know! Wow, I can’t believe Bubbly made top 12 out of over 900 choices! I’m voting for my Bubbly now! lol

5 Likes

Haha! I saw that! Very cool! :smiley:

4 Likes

Where can you vote? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Check your mail. You might have received your QC newsletter.

5 Likes

It should be in your mail and in the Viki Inbox

2 Likes

I got it only in my mail, NOT in my VikiBox. In VikiBox I got only the announcement of New: Video Release Notifications A brand new feature is coming soon t…

5 Likes

I had already found it in my mail. Thanks @shraddhasingh and you too :smile:

5 Likes

@angelight313_168
Hammy is still alive … Just saw him “wink at me” …
Screenshot%20(785)

7 Likes

Yes, you also see him if you are on an user profile that has disappeared

7 Likes

Ok, Blobby remains Blobby as I expected because once it sticks it will stay.:rofl: But Bubbly became 2nd :partying_face:

12 Likes

Thank you for this! I found it some of the videos so funny :smile:

4 Likes

900 members suggested a name and only half of them voted

2 Likes

Lol I was just about to come here and post that your prediction came true :joy:

6 Likes