Who is Watching "Doom At Your Service"?šŸ’œ DATE WITH DOOM!

I think we have a thread on this - I donā€™t look at ratingsā€¦this happened with TKEM I think also - I think the audience is more international now - even if it doesnā€™t appeal in Korea it does to us outside! I LOVE it and I know even Goblin had itā€™s issues because of the AGE difference.

I WILL Continue to LOVE it! I think there are plenty of us that get the beautiful meaning behind the show!

I tend to love the lower rated ones - they always end up being the best sometimes! :purple_heart::purple_heart:
And become our Classics!

2 Likes

To think I almost didnā€™t watched this drama and I wished more ppl would just take a look like I did.

Episode 15 minute 50:03
that young cute looking writer says: IF IS A SAD ENDING, Iā€™M NOT EVEN GOING TO START.

Those were my exact thinking when I decided not to start watching the drama, and I hope whoever might read this, and is not giving the drama a chance to please, just check it out, and hopefully get hooked on it like I did. Worth watching indeed.

3 Likes

I love that this thread helped you WATCH! It is well worth it! Believe me it will become a classic!

I believe somewhere it was stated that you have to go through pain and grief to have YOUR HAPPY ENDING. Maybe Eps 14 -

Just think if she never had the JOY of loving DOOM she would never have the SADNESS of losing him - I believe the little girl told her - You have TO LIVE! YOU have to LOVE and LIVE!

2 Likes

Look what I just found. I didnā€™t even know he was a singer. This is very touching and shows how humble and loving he is to his fan. He is a GEM in my eyes> I wish him the best. I need to see him as a bodyguard with action packed scenes. Perfect Female Leadā€¦SUZY BAE/ KIM SO HYUN/ KIM YOO JUNG

1 Like

You didnā€™t - He was a singer first - he won a competition. Heā€™s a sweetheart

MAKES YOU LOVE HIM MORE!!! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

He has an action movie next PIPELINE

DOOM has a 9.7 rating on VIKI and the latest ratings are still 10s

2 Likes

I think I might fall over -
DID TEAM TEAM LEADER Just Smile!!! He did at the beginning of Eps 15 when talking to the arrogant boy writer - HE SMILED! @mas4

Oh my gosh KISS HIM you stupid FOOL! Writer GIRL! GEEZ

1 Like

Currently watching 12th episode, wah this drama is surely piece of ARTā€¦ The another side of Park Bo Young is extremely overwhelming.

Looking forward to it !!!

3 Likes

It is for all of US who are REALLY looking at it! Some are not giving it the chance it deserves.

I am on Eps 15 - It is wrapping up everything sweetly and quietly with a lot of meaning it the SMALL things they are sayingā€¦I just donā€™t want it to END.

@angelight313_168 Iā€™m loving Eps 15 - she is just quietly waiting while living.

@choitrio thank you for the subbing!!! :green_heart:

crying
Iā€™m crying again - Seo In Gukā€™s song and her quietly waiting
I seriously LOVE this show!

EDIT: I now see what she was doing - the flower pot - with DOOM oh crap Iā€™m still crying!

We are going to get a Happy Ending! I hope!

:purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

5 Likes

I stopped subbing after Episode 12 but I know that the Subtitle Team for DAYS is very strong. I will be volunteering less at Viki in order to spend more time with my kids before they go back to college in the fall. I will still check the Discussions often though.:wink:

3 Likes

Well thank you for all your hard work!!! This show is just beautiful! Iā€™m still CRYING!

2 Likes

After Ep 15 my BRAIN is on over drive about the symbolism and what I think the meaning behind what happened at the End of 15 is

WowSERS!!! WOW! I hope it gives you thoughts!

Tomorrow! Is the END! :sunflower::sunflower::sunflower:

DOOM will probably drop for me about 11 am! AW, Where did the time go?! We have to Say Goodbye!

2 Likes

#1 Is it Raining
#2 Where is an Umbrella
#3 Bring in TEAM TEAM LEADER
#4 Kiss me all you want to
hahahahahahaha! Umbrellas - he is so gallant with those umbrellas! He really is romantic at heart!
The things he says are so subtle and I love that he is willing to WAIT. He is never pushy - he just waits

1 Like

I canā€™t hold it inā€¦ Iā€™m sorry, but it definitely shows you stopped working after episode 12th. Yesterdayā€™s episode got on my nerves. So many editors in the dramas, and you wonder like; remember back in the days? Whereā€™s the Beef? Whereā€™s the editing? I was so confused reading that ā€˜ā€˜backwardā€™ā€™ writing going on here lately, that annoys me so much. I can imagine how hard it must be to edit thatā€¦ puzzle (in all the wrong place) like writing?

PS. Correction: Thereā€™s only 1 Editor for this drama.

1 Like

https://www.soompi.com/article/1477132wpp/park-bo-young-seo-in-guk-lee-soo-hyuk-and-more-share-closing-comments-on-doom-at-your-service

They are SAD as we are to SAY Goodbye!

Doom has dropped Just NO subs yet!!! Iā€™ll keep ya posted

34% subs!

1 Like

Considering that DAYS has no TE, I honestly think that the English team is doing really well. It is difficult to be equally fluent in both Korean and English so the Kor-Eng subbers who are qualified and available to TE a project are very limited and sometimes a project gets completed without a TE. One of my earlier projects, Zombie Detective, had no TE.

4 Likes

OK guys so I canā€™t hold it in! So on MDL - they drive me Absolutely NUTSO! For one thing, I donā€™t think anyone knows what romance is anymore! Seriously - Can you not flirt with someone or look in their direction or have a nice time with someone you first meet! Welp, not in MDL world you canā€™t.

So TEAM TEAM LEADER Cha is considered a ā€œsexual harasser and TOXICā€ so these two should not be together because he ā€œDAREDā€ to be romantic and give her an umbrella and a ā€œpeckā€ of a kiss in the rain 10 years ago! Again - for me - where is the rain, umbrella and team leader CHA he can kiss me anytime!..

I think the REASON people are having such a hard time with DOOM is that its so ROMANTIC and the premise is actually pretty DEEP if you delve into it - you donā€™t have to come to the same conclusions as me but ALL the relationships came full circle last night in Eps 15. The brother, aunt, DOOM, TDK, cafe owner, TEAM TEAM Leader, Writer, even the side characters! It was like reading a good book slowly! Now I have to turn to the LAST page.

Ok Rant over - you may ignore

4 Likes

Thatā€™s why I donā€™t trust in the reviews anymore, not even MDL.
I prefer to keep my own opinion on that and if we want to talk about toxic guys mmm let me tell you that our team team leader is not on the list!!!
tumblr_25934c60cc326c7b75328969ff2c5a17_ab9fe9af_400

5 Likes

Right he is one of the most considerate - patient - sweet - characters -
He just waits - he never pushes - just waits until the other person reaches out to him -

I want so much for these two to do another drama together as these characters or just another romance together - I love them!!!

My hope is that our thread was seen by the DOOM production crew who I know looks through social media - you know they have people in the production looking at reviews! And They know how much we loved it. :purple_heart:

If I could give this more than a 10 - I would.

3 Likes

Yup!! we all love the show!!!
And totally agree with you, heā€™s the most considerate and patient!!

4 Likes

I also think that in the last few episodes, especially, I think DOOM has been so tender! Even in the dream sequences made me CRY! It has been amazing watching DOOM GROW - I finally got that in Eps 15. He went from a DARK character with no love to such a tender loving being/human!

3 Likes