Who was your first Kpop artist/group?

I had been watching dramas for so long and heard many OST’s but the first ever group that had gotten me hooked to Kpop was SS501( Love ya). So I want to know which Kpop artist or group got you hooked.

6 Likes

LOL me too with Because I’m stupid of Boys over flowers >_<’ or I downloaded the OST that I liked of the Kdramas and I listened to 2NE1 and when I didn’t know Kpop lol just because when I finished to watch dramas showed up a music video options and it was Kpop kkk^^*

2 Likes

CNblue is my fav Korean group. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That group is also one of my favs too

It is!! OMG!! I found another CNblue fan. Yay!!
I also listen TW-pop and J-pop. Some of my fav groups/singers: Utada Hikaru, Rainie Yang, Show Luo, F4, Arashi, S.H.E.

My first and forever love will be 5 member DBSK ㅠ.ㅠ I remember my friend showing me one of their performance and I was blown away by it (mainly xiah who is still my bias). And till now it has been what 7/8 years? (Oh my i feel so old) I started when kpop wasn’t well known and people around me still thought I was weird for liking kpop (these people ended up converting to kpop fans now pfft haha) :S

6 Likes

Muuusic~

A lot of my Korean music came/comes from drama soundtracks. But I think the first K-pop artist I listened to was Big Bang. I remember in like 7th or 8th grade (I guess that was around when Big Bang debuted?), a bunch of my friends just wouldn’t stop talking about GD and TOP, XD One of them sent me some of their music…and to be honest, it wasn’t really my thing at first. But it sort of grew on me.

Don’t listen to too much Big Bang much anymore, but there are a handful of their songs I still quite enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the Jpop genre (well its more of rock) I like Orange Range, one of their songs was the opening of Hana Kimi ( you know the one with Ikuta Toma and Oguri Shun)

1 Like

DB5K and… It’s my first and LAST love (I support JYJ + TVXQ now ^^)

2 Likes

My very first kdrama was Goong and I love the ost but the very first artist I really got interested in right after hearing his voice for the first time was K.Will. To bad I don’t remeber where I heard it for the first time.

The very first Kpop group I was interested in was SS501 and bit later TVXQ. Seriously I still don’t understand how it’s possible that I didn’t discover TVXQ first, they did so many nice songs for Jdrama I was watching, saw their name everywhere but still didn’t check it out… untill a while later.

Hanazakari No Kimitachi E, right?!! That’s one of my favorite Japanese dramas. It’s too funny!!!
I don’t know the group, but I do have the some due to the drama.
Have you heard of the group "L’arc En Ciel?
I also like that group, and my fav song is “Blurry Eyes”.

Yeah after i watched heartstrings and you’re beautiful my bias was yong hwa!

1 Like

Have you watched dream high yet there are a lot of kpop idols in that drama.

I love that show though I haven’t watched the second one.

No I haven’t I’ll have to check them out.

Yeah!! That’s what happened to me. After those two dramas, CNblue became one of my fav groups. :slight_smile:

I hope that you like the group!! If you have time, listen to “Blurry Eyes”. It was the opening song for the anime “DNA2”.

Goong’s OST was really good. I even liked the OST for Goong S.
I feel bad that I don’t know K.Will, SS501, and TVXQ. >.<

I liked “blurry eyes” its a great song. I watched a video that showed some of the characters off while playing the song…the spiky red haired one looks like some thing out of Yu Gi Oh…and I don’t even watch that show.

1 Like

Hahaha!! I never noticed that, but you are right.
I’m glad that you like the song. The group also sings the opening song for the anime “Fullmetal Alchemist” (Song:“Ready, Steady, GO”). :slight_smile: