Why are people leaving reviews on dramas NOT WATCHED!

people still doing that?? I have just started watching forest. and I do like it

Totally agree! It makes the ratings and reviews way more unreliable. The more reason to search for reviews outside of Viki. I usually do that.

2 Likes

I do too sometimes. I am putting my 3 cents worth today. some people may not like the type of drama Forest is, but I am really interested in it, that hollow tree, if they just went a bit further, were they kids in that forest, and that head guy of the rescue squad, what a mystery! I really hope something unravels that they somehow were there as kids, so theres a connection??

Lie After Lie needs your help in flagging lots of subtitle-requesting reviews.

Viki has penned a specific Reviews Policy.
So it means that Viki is fully behind us when we flag those fake reviews as inappropriate!

2 Likes

This is up for months, did you see any change?
I have noticed none. As long as comments and reviews are placed in the same pot they will become “soup”.

Ha, I thought I did, but then I copy pasted the old and the new side by side and there has been only very subtle changes. (in the part about “if you find it is in violation, you may report it”.)
I was wrongly too enthusiastic. My bad.

Well, me too today for other reasons. Anyway at least I will look at the channel, from time to time.
Best reviews so far:
It has 
 in it, so it must be good.
I have watched the spoiler, this will be good.
I am so excited for this 

Not literal just from my memory.

So for all the people out there are real review can never be only one sentence or line only.

Edit and flagging is now the well known 3 dots, the reason plus the closing of the “Thank You” window. Viki must think we have too much time on our hands, or this must be a beloved hobby, but did the stars go?

1 Like

Ha ha, if one wants, one can.
“Heartwarming, well-written story with realistic characters, terrific acting and fully satisfying ending”.

That would totally not get me on board. It just sounds like a copy & paste sentence fitting for almost any drama out there.

It tells as much as - I liked it, really good drama, really good acting, 

I finally get to watch a Kim Nam Gil drama it feels like ages, I just looked it up and it was ages ago 2013 Shark - so now I am off topic and off Viki, see you around.

I know it’s not enough, I also would like more details to get on board! But still it’s a genuine review.
(“fully satisfying ending” does definitely not fit for almost any k-drama out there. They can actually be counted on the fingers of two hands. At least for me. I get immensely pissed at most k-drama endings and, even if the rest of it is good, this leaves me with a bitter taste and ruins the whole thing for me.)

@irmar I’m “only” a German subtitler on this drama and majority reviews that call for subtitles are in Spanish and Portuguese. Perhaps the CM could send a notice to those language mods to monitor and flag such reviews
 I really wish that Viki will adjust the reviews in their respective page language, when page is in English I want to see only English reviews etc.

@mariliam Please have Viki add an explicit sentence in each language you offer a page that asking for subs is not a review and will be flagged, thanks. Also to leave a review ONLY once a show is airing not before.
Can you read well what it says when you click on blue lettering for leaving a review? I have it on highest brightness in order to read a bit. See pic. I advise to sent this request to Viki technical team to make it better, thanks.

@moreenke CM of Lie After Lie
@rose_shn

4 Likes

I already flagged many reviews and this time viki worked fast which is well enough.

1 Like

How about having a review moderator for Lie After Lie? S/he can go an check the reviews from time to time, I guess.

And then, there is this show, Tale Of The Nine Tailed, starring Lee Dong Wook.
This show is right in front of the latest releases, leading the entire list.
Screenshot_2020-09-07-20-44-20-812
And even has reviews from 78 people when the show is still UNLICENSED.
Screenshot_2020-09-07-20-45-01-516
It seems that on the website, reviews can’t be added because there is no form but on Android app, I can freely add reviews and the reviews of this show as of now aren’t reviews but a piece of poetry for Lee Dong Wook.
Can’t anything be done?

I don’t know if writing this can do something?
Screenshot_2020-09-07-21-12-08-260

1 Like

Olá
 Bem, eu sou nova na plataforma, iniciei assistindo em versĂŁo de teste e depois resolvi fazer um plano anual
 Acho que talvez tenha jĂĄ cometido alguns erros por ignorĂąncia e por eles peço desculpas. Quero aprender mais para nĂŁo somente estar feliz por assistir algo que me agrada mas para tambĂ©m poder ajudar as pessoas em suas buscas individuais, pois penso que nĂŁo sĂŁo apenas um meio de entretenimento mas que tambĂ©m a arte de interpretar nos coloca em conflito constante com diversos assuntos
 Esse conflito nos permite refletir sobre nĂłs o mundo e as pessoas que nos cercam.

Penso que os usuĂĄrios poderiam ser melhor esclarecidos sobre as caracterĂ­sticas da plataforma e se suas açÔes estĂŁo sendo prejudiciais pois apenas marcar como conteĂșdo inapropriado ou sinalizar negativamente, nĂŁo garante que uma pessoa entenda oque aconteceu

Eu apenas descobri porque vim atĂ© o fĂłrum
 TambĂ©m nĂŁo sei se jĂĄ fui sinalizada, agora terei que rever minhas açÔes e concertar meus erros.
Estou imensamente grata por esse espaço para interação entre usuårios. Bjsss.

Can’t see any review all I see is the comment section.

On site, only comments section is visible but on App all the reviews are visible too.
Edit:
Screenshot_2020-09-08-12-39-13-986
A 6 star review asking releases and translation!
Why not just not open the review section before the show isn’t released?

1 Like

About the “no spoilers please”
 You can’t really have a Comment section without spoilers, since they removed commenting sections per each episode. The best one can do is hide the sentences with spoilers using the in-built tool. Similar thing can be applied in Reviews, where they hide your entire review if you mark beforehand that it contains spoilers.

1 Like

I literally can’t see the Disqus comments anymore and can’t update the cookie policy, because that options had been converted from a button allowing cookies (and moving on with one’s life) to a useless information page about cookies.

Also, this information page needs to be updated, @jeslynl :

EDIT: Found a work-around - logged out and deleted all Viki related cookies. When I logged back in, I got the pop up message if I want to accept the cookies.

The Portuguese-speaking fans never disappoint in whining.

2 Likes

Phew
 Came after reporting all the spoilers and sub whinning (such a hectic job :joy:)
Anyway, there are two more show, True Beauty and Search which have got reviews before being licensed.
Need help there as well.

But the reviews are visible only in the app.
Can’t find them here on site.

3 Likes