"Yo Soy Bea" English subtitling/segmenting

desde que capitulo, si voy hacer la especialización en segmentos de español primero para hacerlo correctamente.

1 Like

I see… If I was to do that, it might be better if I segment them all for a different video file then, like one that isn’t split into four parts? But I would have to find it first.

And segmenting outside of Viki is a bit different because there isn’t easy tools to use, you have to type out the times onto a text file manually, which can be hard when you can’t see the exact milliseconds of the video from the player.

If I do keep on fixing it like this, I would want to know there are people interested to watch it. Even just a few people is fine! But obviously talking about it here and posting them will receive a lot less attention then if it was subbed on Viki itself. But of course, It’s still on a fan channel, and no more episodes can be uploaded so unless we can get the license for it, it seems impossible to complete on Viki.

1 Like

you can time easily watching the time wave with aegisub.

2 Likes

@anamaria_13_392… Pues borraron episodios del 13 al 25 pero son 150 episodios (el resto de episodios tampoco tienen segmentos excepto el 27 que lo hizo pecas . El episodio 3 fue arreglado por fantástica y amable xypomme_444 (pom) Ya dulce pecas08 • hizo los segmentos en episodio 27. La CM del canal tishafi •. está trabajando mucho y admiro su paciencia conmigo me arreglo el 8,10 y ahora está haciendo el 11. Vi que pom ayudó con el 12. Lo bueno es que la CM me dijo que no hay que segmentar la canciones al principio o al final (que alivio) una vez se elimina eso de las canciones es fácil de segmentar y más rápido para yo poder subtitular y el que quiera hacerlo en español o otros idiomas con gusto lo hagan.

Yo no hago segmentos por que no sé cómo hacerlos y no hago subtítulos en español y en TELENOVELA hispana mucho menos porque ya la novela está en español. Los subs en español ayudan a los que hacen los subs en inglés a trabajar más rápido Por mi parte los únicos subtítuloss que hago en español es en dramas Asiáticos para los que no saben inglés de habla hispana lo puedan disfrutar también.

¿Por qué no te das una pasadita por el drama y le hechas el ojo a ver si te gusta? Te mando el link via PM y me dejas saber. Siempre es un placer trabajar contigo tan cariñosa y atenta conmigo. Gracias mil.

Thank you! I’ll try that and see how it goes. Hopefully it will help :smile:
Once I’m finished episode two I will upload the subs to dropbox and put the link onto the first post.

here in this channel you will find videos from it in case you need them
http://www.dailymotion.com/miespacio

1 Like

So sweet of you… Thanks

I would love for the Latin American telenovelas to make a comeback here on viki. Back in the day, I’d rewatch some telenovelas on this site, even though they had already aired in my country, just because I loved the viki community and their funny live-comments in the video.
By the way, if you guys ever succeed in bringing back some old telenovela channels (eg. Yo Soy Bea), count me in! I would love to help in whatever way possible! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello :slight_smile: I was wondering if there was any progress on this discussion…

1 Like

None whatsoever…sorry.

1 Like

What movie is about ? Im indonesian, is there any sub Indonesia :smile:
oh yaa 1 thing for indonesian, please visit my site, hope you get something importent from this… heheh http://situspoker.cc
:wink:

Hi, I’m the original author of this discussion! A few days ago before seeing your comment I was actually planning to start a new topic about getting more subbed telenovelas to appear on Viki.

It may seem like I went a long time without starting to organise anything, but this topic has actually been on my mind for pretty much all of last year. Basically what happened was around March I became busy with a lot of work and, thinking of the effort I would need to go to to set up a team I put the subbing on hold for a few weeks until I had another short holiday.

But - the news I came back to was that fan channels were getting deleted off Viki completely!! This means all the subs that I had started to edit from have been completely deleted now. Unless the site can get a license for YSB, theres pretty much no chance of being able to watch this show on Viki again. I was really upset to hear about this after how much I had thought about what to do next and how to do subs I felt pretty hopeless. So thats why I kind of pushed this to the background.

I’ll probably start a topic on here soon to call people in the community to come together and put in requests for Viki to gain licensing for more telenovelas. It’s not a sure fire way to get the show back on here, but the more demand there is, the more chance we have. :disappointed_relieved:

Let us know whatever you need for us to do! I really, really, really want to watch Dr. Armando AND understand what he’s saying completely! I’ve been watching raw YSBLF vids on other sites and I could only catch very little. :frowning: But I push through because Dr. Armando is a good-looking man with an addictive voice and Betty is EVERYTHING. She is soooooo marvelous!

Please remember to keep us updated! :slight_smile: Thank you very much!

Dear luna36_3, i just come across with this drama “Yo Soy Bea” and kind of love it even thought I don’t understand a single word! (crazy). I wonder how’s the translation work or anything else, and where can I get to watch this drama with English subtitle? I would love to translate it into Chinese or Bahasa Malaysia too if the English subtitle has completed. Do let me know if I can of any help.

You can watch 10 minutes Youtube clip of this drama (up to episode 471?) from an account name Trombocil, but of course with no subtitle.

Thank you for your hard work along the way.

There are two ways.

1. If you cannot access Subtitle Editor/Bulk editor: go to downsub and you will get a srt file immediately. But if you edited episode1, you obviously can get into the Editor.
  2. If you can access Bulk Editor, CTRL+A to select all, then open a Notepad text document and paste them. Save, close, rename from .txt to .srt if you like - but I don’t see the point of doing that.

Of course I don’t also see the point of needing a .srt to correct the grammar, instead of doing it directly in Bulk Editor, but maybe you need Find and Replace. In that case, even Notepad is OK, because it has CTRL+H which brings up Find and Replace.

They are going to have on PRIME TV [Betty La Fea] from Colombia. They also have it on ■■■■■■■. They already have the English sitcom [Ugly Betty] and I forgot the title of the other one (is 3 in total). I remember I watched Betty La Fea when my youngest one was 9 years old! (she’s in her 30’s lol).
https://www.google.com/search?q=betty,+la+fea+transformation+episode&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwic-On-1_3_AhUJF1kFHRTEAsQQ1QJ6BAgzEAE&biw=1314&bih=635&dpr=1.04#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:1fb82b6d,vid:a05Fm376-Vo