You watched it before joining Viki, and found it's on Viki, or you're still searching for it! Link it, name it, or a screenshot of it! You never know, someone might list it here!

I watched these before joining Viki :blush:

This drama, use to be called:
“The Baker is King - Baker Kim Tak Gu” correct me if I’m wrong.

Loved watching her before joining Viki, and she’s here! “You are the Chef”

Before joining Viki! I watched:
“My Fair Princess” then it was hard to find, for rewatching.

“My Fair Princess II” 98 episodes :face_with_hand_over_mouth:but I’ve watched, and re-watched it all, several times over the years.

I also watched this! :exploding_head: 60 episodes! For a K-Drama, this is mega long! :sparkles::wink::+1:t5: if you know what I mean, because C- Dramas tends to have lots of episodes, but the length of the episodes are not as long as K-dramas :smile:

And another before Viki watch:
“Smile Donghae”

I also watched <( ̄︶ ̄):arrow_upper_right:
The ojakgyo brothers!! I so hope Viki acquires it, I’ve sent in quite a few request forms. :wink::wink::fist:t5:
ᕙ(@°▽°@)ᕗ
https://g.co/kgs/z1bPf5

There is one drama I never finished watching, before joining Viki, and I’m still on the hunt for it :smile: I’ll gather my memory, and post more about it here. Maybe someone knows it :sparkles::wink::+1:t5:

Okay here goes, thanks to @vivi_1485 for spurring me on :tipping_hand_woman:t5:‍♀ :tipping_hand_woman:t5:‍♀
Where do I begin, It was a Chinese drama, I think, not the typical “during the reign of” so-and-so emperor type.
There were certain characters with powers, but they were not modern people. I remember this lady was sought because she could see through walls after doing her magic rituals. She got found out her magic wasn’t the genuine magic. But, she was impressive.
There was a girl, who was a main character, her father, and the person he left her with, kept trying to keep her from going to the central market, for fear she is discovered. She had no clue, she was being protected, or the back story of the reason, and she kept escaping to go out, or follow her dad. They always managed to find her, play along with her desire, but kept disguising her, as part of the fun of being out.
They all dressed rugged, all the characters, because it was a survival location. Ice snow capped crusted mountains, wild animals, lots of winter trees, no leaves, except the pine trees. Kinda like hikers climbing Mount Everest thing, but eons before modern gear.
Her dad, dressed like a hunter, in animal skin with furs, from head to toe. He lived way up in the cold mountains, keeping away from the people they did not want to find him or his daughter.
In a valley there was a field of purple blue colored (tulips?) that were grown for their magical powers, the person who tended them, lured people there, why I can’t remember. The Dad, and his daughter were the real target. They were hunted by many who got paid to find them, and others wanting what they had, what they had, I can’t remember either, and the reason why it’s so hard to pinpoint this drama.
There was a scene of the dad, and a friend turned foe, and hunter? Anyways, they fought with their martial arts, and powers across those high mountain, wooden plank swing bridges. Changing things like the sun(s) etc., of the heavens above.
I remember a iced maze cave, where people tried to reach, some died trying to scale the ice covered mountains to get to the maze. Those who reached it, got lost, and died in the ice maze. There was treasures hidden, but not just any treasures, these had supernatural capability.
If I remember correctly, even the dad with his abilities struggled when it comes to retrieving the individual treasures, which were protected with very strong magic. At the same time he had the capability to unlock these treasured weapons, or tools.

2 Likes

Yes please…there’s always someone here who’ll be able to find the drama (whether from memory or the powers of the internet :wink:) Just give us as much as you remember!

2 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:t5:‍♀Hi @vivi_1485 ,
Where do I begin, It was a Chinese drama, for sure, not costume. I’ll go write it on the topic. Thanks for spurring me on :hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

로베르타, I have been wondering if the C-Drama you are looking for is Fox Volant of the Snowy Mountain? It’s had multiple versions. The 2006 version has similar additions to it that you mentioned.

https://wikivisually.com/wiki/Fox_Volant_of_the_Snowy_Mountain

3 Likes

@six \(°o°)/ Whaow!! If it has multiple versions, it just might be it! Oh! Whaow♪┌|∵|┘♪ └|∵|┐ ♪(~‾▿‾)~ƪ(‾.‾“)┐ Oh my gosh! I actually looked at the title, and photos of

And thought, (?・・)σ could this be it? but I think it was here on a fan channel. This is good! And the best confirmation yet!
Thank you @six (✿^‿^) !

3 Likes

@vivi_1485 Here is an update! @six replied with this awesome link! So good! (灬º‿º灬):heart:

4 Likes

No site that I can find has a U.S. license for these.

Scarlet Heart Ryeo

City Hunter

There are others, but this is all I can think of at the moment.

1 Like

:raising_hand_woman:t5:‍♀ Hi! @porkypine90_261 :smiley: ! !
Drama Fever (no longer around), formerly Soompi, is where I’d watched Scarlet Heart Ryeo, and Viki acquired their licensed works.
It is quite shocking that City Hunter is nowhere to be found, except a dvd on Amazon, going for almost $100USD
It is possible a local or (main) library will have the drama for free loan though, libraries here :statue_of_liberty::apple: are open for loan, and returning items.

This Wikivisually.com provided info about the show I was looking for, now to find if it’s available online to sumptuously enjoy re-watching in it’s entirety! (◕ᴗ◕✿) otherwise, I’ll have to resort to loaning from the ever reliable library of books, and all things intellectual!
( ´◡‿ゝ◡`)

1 Like

Ahhh no. Not here in Idaho. The library here lacks a lot but then again, the Pocatello main library is fairly small. Boise library may have it but that’s a 4 hour drive each way.

1 Like

Uhmmm. . . In that case, let’s hope someone see your request, and know where online it can be watched.
I’d recommend youtube, but other than movies, it’s hard to find all episodes of a drama on one channel, on youtube.
Let’s keep hunting for City Hunter :rofl: (there I go again), and Scarlet Heart Ryeo, and keep putting in those request forms for them, here on Viki!
(。◕‿◕。)➜ https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713
Like I did below :sparkles::wink::ok_hand:t5:
Screenshot_20210305-031625|236x500

Screenshot_20210305-031904

1 Like

:grinning: Yea. I do that every month for all my no license shows! :grinning:

1 Like

The channel is still there, so either some region still has a license, or Viki has not given up getting another license. Good luck!

2 Likes

@porkypine90_261

1 Like

@leerla73 Be cautious of advertising at Viki, it’s not welcomed by Viki.

2 Likes

Okay, thank you!

1 Like

This is to be noted by all who read this thread.

Going forward, we are now empowered and can make well informed choices!!

2 Likes

The Pre-quel just wrapped!! :ok_woman:t5:‍♀ July 25, 2021!!
I never thought I’d need to post again, about anything related to Fox Volant of Snowy Mountain!!
Thanks to Marcus!! It starts at 3:13 to 4:23 ☜ (❛‿❛*)

The Unofficial Biography of Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain!! A Wuxia Drama.
All about the author ´◔‿ゝ◔`)━☞👇🏾 of all those loved novels!
https://asianwiki.com/Louis_Cha

Samsaengi One of my pre-Viki watch. I am so stoked to find it on YT, and with English subs! I used to get up at all hours to catch a few episodes. I watched it on my mini TV using an antenna reception. I caught lots of Asian shows, on the local channels such as ICNTV, iNTD, CGTN, or WMBC channels. Watch the trailer, and Samsaengi in this playlist below.

I’m a little late to the party but I did request to see if Viki could bring back City Hunter. This was about a month ago. I haven’t had a reply not that I actually expected one. I have found a couple of wild feeds/streams on the internet but the quality was iffy as was the captioning. I’ll probably never get to see that one as I am not willing to drop tons of $$$ for the CD.

3 Likes

You used the request form? That is what you normally do, that’s why I am a bit surprised about you thinking about a reply, because this form is anonymously given.

3 Likes