429 Too Many Requests

When I got this message it depends. Sometimes I have to wait 10min or other 15min. It depends. It’s really bothering. Yesterday I was about to send a go… Then this damned message arrived then my laptop crash…

2 Likes

I have been having the same problem for 2 weeks now, even to see my profile I get this problem or when I open the editor, I have deleted cookies but the error still appears. I don’t know what to do.

2 Likes

Oh my dear God!!

The dumbest error I’ve ever had. It’s been almost two months already!!! “429 Too Many Requests”, like… FROM WHO!!! FOR MAGA’S SAKE, FROM WHO?? Who is sending so many requests? I just refreshed the page once and Bammm… I got nothing. I can’t see my inbox, can’t see the project finder, I can’t nothing!!!

C’mon what’s happening?

@vikicommunity

4 Likes

It’s just that there are too many people on the server.

It’s time for Viki to solve this problem. :triumph: It prevents Moderators from communicating with their teams.

5 Likes

Apparently it is worst than ever. It’s been more than a month that I can’t open my messages properly, now i can’t even see the messages list.

5 Likes

Too many people on the platform

1 Like

Viki isn’t the only website with high traffic. They need to invest in a better server infrastructure.
I can trigger this error just by reading my old messages. After reading the 5th message, I no longer have access to my mailbox. This is ridiculous…

7 Likes

This is the same for me. I had never had this problem before, but a couple weeks ago it started happening with my inbox. For me, I can only read three messages before I start getting this error. Dealing with the inbox is already such a chore. Now this… :unamused:

4 Likes

Same. It actually works only if you are on a pc or if you’re not using the desktop site mode.

3 Likes

Every second of every day of the week? Did the traffic on the website suddenly increased monstrously in the final months of 23?

5 Likes

I don’t know, this platform is used worldwide so many it depends on the server of your region. So it’s not every minutes but sometimes on each region on a special time being. So servers must be upgraded!

2 Likes

Since last year this has been my problem with Viki. I can’t access my contributions page, my messages…Nothing. Even after waiting without reloading the page.

It’s been months of this and no kind of resolution to this problem, how are we going to help with translations like this?

But they changed the profile page and made it terrible, funny.

4 Likes

@brendas could you please please please tell the technical team that this error is getting worse every day?
we volunteers have this message every day or longer and longer periods of time. replying to messages in the inbox sometimes takes hours, for some even days.
a new inbox would be great. the old one worked much better than this current one.
please do something.

12 Likes

I can hardly delete any messages in my inbox these days. After I try to delete a message, I get this error and after that nothing on the site works :neutral_face:.

6 Likes

It happened to me when I wanted to delete several messages one after the other.

4 Likes

This was posted in August of last year. Here we are in June of 2024 and the situation has NOT been resolved. The 429 Error happens every time I have to delete my messages. If I delete them too fast, after the fifth or so delete, I’m kicked out. k

If you are going to post about episodes needing to be segmented in a drama, just bulk them in one post. Having 20 episodes loaded in one day, then 20 episode notifications in my inbox… what a horror story!!!

12 Likes

I get kicked out after 2 :sob:.

3 Likes

I pointed out in another thread that I even got the error for simply scrolling through my inbox, as I had not even opened, much less deleted, any messages at the time. Since we can’t search the inbox, sometimes I guess I scroll too quickly to find a specific message. That’s my assumption anyway.

4 Likes

Hi @teufelchen_netty_266 ! I’m so sorry that you all are having to wrestle with this issue. :frowning_face: :cry: :disappointed_relieved: :crying_cat_face:

Let me relay this to the team to investigate. To make sure I’m relaying the correct item, is it the Viki Inbox that’s throwing the error (e.g. contribute.viki.com/messages/inbox), or is it the Inbox for here in Discussions? I ask because we use Disqus for this Discussions Forum, so if it’s the Discussions Inbox that’s the issue, I will need to reach out to our Disqus rep for assistance. Thank you for the help! :pray:

4 Likes

Hello @brendas it’s the whole side. The inbox, the dashboard, the discussion, project finder, about me page, etc…
And this error is nearly there since 1 year…

5 Likes