A drama without an hysterical female lead?

This has time travel and is full of action packed scenes. That actress combined with the great actor (sadly actor is bad boy here) But it’s awesome movie to watch

https://www.viki.com/movies/36146c-reset

Nice posts here :slight_smile: (with some new potential interesting dramas)

@stockholmsyndrome

If you have Netflix you may be able to watch it there? (they have some CN/KR/JAP shows with subs)

Somehow I didn’t feel any chemistry between Chang An & Wan Mei. I can’t say if it’s due to the actor/s or due to their passive written characters. I’d prefer her & Gong Zi. So in a way I share his opinion :smiley: (that one scene when he talks about his definition/thoughts about love).

I start watching Legend of the White Snake & immediately liked the characters. The female lead is so cute & lovely but do also have charisma and the male lead is also nice. It’s rare that I just watch ~1 episode and already really like it.

Thank you - it looked very interesting and Liu Chang, whom I liked from The King’s Woman, is in it. But not available in my area.
Grrr might have to get a vpn soon lol [quote=“cntv_854, post:62, topic:22655”]
If you have Netflix you may be able to watch it there? (they have some CN/KR/JAP shows with subs)

Somehow I didn’t feel any chemistry between Chang An & Wan Mei. I can’t say if it’s due to the actor/s or due to their passive written characters. I’d prefer her & Gong Zi. So in a way I share his opinion :smiley: (that one scene when he talks about his definition/thoughts about love).
[/quote]

Nope, no netflix. I have cable tv and my membership here right now.

Hmm I see what you mean and think it might be due to them not being very passionate. But Ghong Zi was, atleast when he was drunk lol

This is just too funny so I’m sharing it here (exactly what I thought during watching the scenes *** urgs tooo heavy *** XD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfA_f1DuGSc

1 Like

:joy: Wow, the faces on the men when they realized she isn’t light as a feather! Honestly though, that just means that she is eating and not keeping herself to an unreasonable standard (as far as I know, maybe she is, I just don’t know). Either way, this was great! I’m gonna check out Mr. Pride vs. Miss Prejudice (I think that’s what it was?), it looks funny. I really like Dilraba’s acting, she’s great, she has a calm atmosphere around her

1 Like

She can’t weight much… no more than 50 kg / 110 lbs… Those outtakes has to be after several retakes - I hope or poor guys if they are that weak :smile:

1 Like

That’s the first thing I observed in there, the guys that complained were completely wimps. Didn’t you see the way they reacted? A strong man would apologize to the girl so she wouldn’t get embarrassed and think it was her weight.

Although she’s skinny the clothing do adds pounds to the body. But the one in the pool didn’t make sense to me since she was in light clothing. I feel bad for her bc she laughed but as a woman I know she must have felt hurt. She had a slight smile with a fake embarrassed laughter.

Thought so too but who knows…

… at least Ma Tian Yu wins as strongest :smiley:

https://youtu.be/y3ujjS8d9_g?t=424

2 Likes

But she looks so slim, how can she be heavy? Heavy bones?
Or the actors are not fit enough?

There will be a new drama with Bin Bin & Yang Mi from Eternal Love/Peach Blossoms (maybe they becoma a couple this time :smiley:

https://youtu.be/1tR7YXDviTQ

@irmar

Probably several takes + regisseur is giving advice while the actor is carrying her (plus they aren’t that “bodybuilder” like US actors and often more similar to each other in height & weight. The actors profiles at pages like VIKI or MyDrama often says for male actors around ~60-80 kg/~170-180 cm and females ~45-53 kg/~160-173 cm. I don’t know if it’s correct or not, especially the height part with 170+ cm tall females when many Western actresses aren’t that tall).

Ahh thanks for letting us know. Hopefully they will add this new drama to viki :smiley:
What is it called? The commentary just describe it as a spy drama… or did I miss the name?

Storm Eye, he says it at some point during talking xD

https://mydramalist.com/33612-storm-eye

Here it is listed for end of 2020? :frowning:

Hehe Yeah, I figured I missed it somehow. Thanks, then I’ll be on the lookout for Storm Eye then. But I’ll miss Bin Bin in his fabulous long hair - especially like he had in The flames daughter :heart_eyes:
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/bf/4b/14/bf4b14a968852def76977ef5281ed528.jpg

Long hair is always better :smiley:

I didn’t watch Flame Daughter yet but the fan music videos on Youtube look nice so I will watch it at some point.

If you are still collecting dramas with strong females for your to watch list you can add The Legends too. It was the first C drama I watched until now that started with a really strong female lead from beginning while the male character wasn’t as “cool and strong” like the male lead used to be in other dramas I watched so it was nice to see a different beginning. It has some actors I know from other dramas, including the City leader’s shadow from Bloody Romance.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have saved a few that will keep me entertained for a while but any new suggestions are always welcome and I have saved The Legends to my list as well. I liked Li Zi Feng in Bloody Romance so it will be nice to see him again. Only problem would be a wimpy leading man - that is my second gripe after hysterical female :grin: Promise, other than that I’m easy to please lol

The Flames Daughter is scenic and beautiful, like most historical dramas, so I can imagine it makes for nice music videos. It was a nice story but there are others I liked better such as the Kings Woman and Princess WeiYoung. Bin Bin doesn’t have the romantic lead and has a ship on his shoulder but it suited him and he played it well and was his gorgeous self with the best hair so far :heart_eyes:

1 Like

laughing

We should start a thread with photos of best hair in fantasy/history dramas ^^

I’m not sure yet but hope that Li Zi Feng has more parts this time. He has a support role again but probably a more important one since he plays the leader of a battle school.

The male lead is not wimpy. He is similar quiet like Chang An BUT I really like him. He has charisma and is strong when his power awakens. (I still don’t like Chang An, maybe I would call him wimpy because he only reacts, first doing things because of a promise to his step sister and then as a shadow also because of a promise).

It’s strange how similar behaviour can appear so different. When you’ve watched The Legends and know both dramas I’m curious about your thoughts.

(I hope The Legends stays how it is now)

Another drama that doesn’t have a hysterical female lead is That Winter, The Wind Blows. It’s on Netflix, if you have it. I’m not sure if it’s on Viki. Anyways, the female lead is so strong, but not in an obnoxious way that makes me roll my eyes and yell at the screen because she refuses all manner of human help. She is blind, but she doesn’t let that make her weak. The development of the relationship between the main male lead and the female lead just tears my heart. She is never over the top in reacting, so I was able to watch the show without thinking that she is too much. I just finished watching it, actually, it’s got to be one of my favorites.

1 Like

Haha yeah, I’d be posting Bin Bin from the Flames daughter over and over in that thread for sure!

Ok, strong silent type is interesting because you can’t help wondering what’s underneath the quite surface. That is what I liked about Chang An, even though I can understand what it was that made you not liking him. The two promises that was impossible to fulfill them both, was the agony he suffered and very bittersweet.
I’m still watching Romantic dr Kim and Goodbye my Princess so it will be a while before I’ll watch The Legends.

(There is a doctor in Romantic dr Kim that’s called Do In Bum :astonished: Did they not realize the show would be watched by a english speaking audience and that name ehh means somthing??)

I don’t have netflix and that show doesn’t appear to be on viki. But thank you for the suggestion :slight_smile:

1 Like

@stockholmsyndrome

Kill it is also good when you like modern age and crime-thrill-drama mix.

I’ll have a look at the shows you mentioned.

@helenama73_911

Netflix only shows the trailer for me … and it seems they have much more KR shows than CN shows.

Do you have US Netflix?

That’s strange, on my Netflix account I can watch the entire drama…yes, it’s a US account. I wonder if that matters…
NF has quite a few Kdramas and some Cdramas, but yes, they have more Kdramas than Cdramas