An icon passed away today

RIP to Cindy Williams. I loved her in “Laverne & Shirley,” but she was also good in the film “American Graffiti.” (Talk about a great film soundtrack- AG has to be one of the best!) My condolences to her family, her friends, and her fans.

4 Likes

I saw Cindy Williams in Menopause The Musical a few years ago. May she rest in peace.

3 Likes

Someone here recommended I watch LUPIN which I did, but not all series. Sadly, such a great actor died and so far none known cause of death (some speculate was cancer). May he REST IN PEACE.

]('Lupin' actor Adama Niane dies aged 56)
Lupin' actor Adama Niane dies aged 56

Lupin’ actor Adama Niane dies aged 56

5 Likes

People

Raquel Welch, One Million Years B.C. Actress and Hollywood Sex Symbol, Dead at 82

8 Likes

@frustratedwriter
RIP RAQUEL WELCH
She was my mother’s age, and is good to have money and keep the youthful look for eternity. She looked gorgeous till the end.

2 Likes

I’m watching itsjinakim live, a former featured channel here on Viki, and found out this happened on the 19th, yesterday, Seoul, Korean time, sad news. He’s only 25.

!Breaking: ASTRO’s Moonbin Passes Away; Fantagio Confirms | Soompi

7 Likes

I was quite shocked to see the news of Astro member Moonbin’s death. It is such a tragedy for one so young to take his own life. I can’t even imagine what his loved ones are going through. I continue to hope that the Korean entertainment industry and South Korea in general will take steps to de-stigmatize mental illness and depression and encourage treatment for people in need. My sincere condolences to his family, his friends, and his fans.

9 Likes

It is very shocking and tragic news. I pray for comfort for all his loved ones.

6 Likes

:fallen_leaf: Pastor Charles Stanley :dove: Wow! I just learned of his passing from a shorts posted by shameekasamuels4690. Thank you!
He passed on Tuesday.
• April 18, 2023
• At age 90
• At home peacefully :pray:t5:

3 Likes

I think he was working on a drama or just finished one and had another one lined up as well. Just seems a bit weird. If he did in fact commit suicide that’s sad in and of itself but hopefully they investigate it fully because there have just been too many that “suicided” in Korean entertainment lately.

1 Like

Funny you should mention Sulli she was one of the ones that seemed weird along with her friend that you also mentioned. They tried to say it was bullying I believe that she decided to kill herself but yes I thought Sulli’s death was very suspicious as well. Wonder if they were with SM Entertainment or if it’s kind of like Hollywood where they are all basically connected and pretty corrupt too

1 Like

According to the article in Soompi, his agency was Fantagio. I understand where you are coming from. I don’t like it when agencies or other media outlets try to sweep the cause of death under the rug. They will say it is out of respect for the family of the deceased, but it always feels to me like they are trying to do a cover up to protect their company image.

Usually when I see these type of statements where the agencies refuse to state clearly the cause of death or even discuss it, I figure the death is probably either suicide or drug overdose/drug related, since those 2 things impact image the most.

Saw at another forum that apparently Moonbin took a hiatus in 2019 for “health concerns” and also the fan gossip mentioned he did not want to renew his contract, but Cha Eun Woo talked with him, giving him support, and so he decided to renew. It looks like he had been dealing with mental health issues for a while. World of K pop is so high pressure, I really hope that changes can take place and people get the help they need.
Additional reporting from Western news outlets that police found no signs of foul play at his apartment.
Article from the BBC:

Article from CNN:

3 Likes

My son, who has nothing to do with the world of k-pop etc., just told me:
“If they can’t stand that life, why don’t they just quit? After a couple of years, nobody will remember them and they’d be able to live a pretty normal life”.
How can one oblige you to renew a contract? They could threaten to ruin your career, but what if you opt for a different career?
Selling vegetables in a provincial town is still much better than being dead, no?

5 Likes

I am using summary since some people here have issues with ‘‘OFF TOPIC’’ so to EVERYONE read at your own choice, and know that I have evidence of all I wrote in here.

Summary

The mental Health Issues are caused by all these corrupted Agents. I don’t know if you heard of the ‘‘Menudos’’ a group formed in my Island Puerto Rico. This sick perverted Agent/ man (if u can call him that) raped all the members of that band; young innocent boys from poor families (except one RICKY MARTIN). This agent had a wife and children but was a pedophile that destroyed this kid’s life. One has tried to kill himself 3 times, and is doing really bad. They all have some kind of mental issues, and confusion to this day since some got married, had children but divorced are doing drugs to what they say is a painful part of their young life.

We have all over the news that in Hollywood some of the famous singers, actors, actress have sign a pact with the devil (g-d rebuke) and they are all trying to erase the contract D***l tattoos, and written contracts they once signed to become famous.

I just saw a YT video with the mother of the young guy Lee Ji-han, that was crushed along in the crowd with 156 mainly young girls. He was suppose to film a drama finale the next day, but died. The mother during the interview stated that they are saying COOKING OIL was poured in the area where they all fell, and that is why so many perished. The Daughter, Father and Mother stated that they receive Death threats because they are forming groups requesting an investigation about that. No one was financially compensated for all these innocent life’ lost (one girl as young as 14 years old). ONLY 36 Police Officers were assigned to that event were they had over 100,000 people in those narrow alleys. One thing that shocked me the most the area where they mainly died there is a Club restaurant called in SPANISH- La casilla del diablo/ THE DEVIL’s DEN, and that was shocking to see. An additional 3 ppl committed suicide/ 2 police officers (male/female) who felt… responsible? and one young man that from a group of I believe was 5, he was the only survivor. In one of the YT videos you can see when they are giving CPR to the young man who is obviously dead. Most of those YT videos were banned by SK government, and I can’t find most of them, but I did see the one where the actor is being resuscitated with no positive results. What I hated the most to see irresponsible parents (if u can call them Parents) in those crowd with babies as young as one year old! They are crying hysterically, and the mother and Dad laughing like is nothing. I know they are used to this large crowds, but to expose your child to such a danger is simply outrageous.

I think the Ferris tragedy is the harder thing for me to watch, and I can’t watch it fully because you see the kids laughing, making jokes, waiting in the cabin in the overturn boat, and one said ‘‘I think we are going to die’’ that’s as far as I can go, but stopped bc is too painful for me to continue watching those videos. I just can’t… :cry:

2 Likes

Oh my, just terrible @angelight313_941. So many awful things happen.

1 Like

@table122000

You didn’t know? You have no access to Youtube? They are all there the videos from ITAEWON tragedy some are there too. I just checked them.
@every one who wants to watch about boat tragedy

Summary

The one hardest to watch
Phone captured South Korea ferry victims' panic - YouTube
Heartbreaking video reveals final goodbyes of South Korea ferry passengers - YouTube
What Went Wrong in the South Korean Ferry Disaster? | The New Yorker - YouTube
🎗Meeting a survivor from S. Korea’s biggest maritime disaster: Sewol Ferry Tragedy - YouTube

@table122000
Found the video you will see Lee Hi jan driven to the ambulance as they give him CPR
The video’s title is ABUSE IS ‘‘A STAB IN THE HEART’’: trolls target families of seoul Halloween

Summary

Abuse is ‘a stab to the heart’: trolls target families of Seoul Halloween stampede victims - YouTube

1 Like

I agree. But like so many things in life, I think that when you’re caught up in the middle of something it’s very hard to be objective. That’s where a support network of trusted friends and family who can help you see clearly and help put things in perspective is very, very important.

Over the years, I’ve had five people close to me who have committed suicide. Not once was I aware of just how terrible the demons were that these people battled. With four of those people, I have no idea how they died because I never asked. My view was that they had passed away and that that was all that mattered. I didn’t want any extra imagery in my mind. I always keep Robin Williams thought in mind: “Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

6 Likes

That’s the saddest part that the demons are in ‘‘our’’ heads, and no one hears them, but us. I tried to commit suicide so I know that pain. But you @manganese or in fact anyone else, Never/ever feel you didn’t do enough because when a person wants to commit suicide there is not enough love or enough words that can stop them.

I remember when I was swallowing 100’s of different pills there were two voices; One was evil and said to me: DO IT! Your problems, pain will go away. Once you leave, everyone can be happy since you make them so sad with all this pain you want to share with them’’ and it went on and on as I swallowed the pills but then, I saw what to me was a white light cloud and out of there came a voice that screamed; The kids! You can’t leave the kids alone! My heart started beating so hard and it hurt so much, and I don’t know how the next thing I was in the Hospital getting my stomach ‘‘pumped.’’.
When they want to die because of the horrible things they are going through, not much can stop them, and we can never feel guilty of not doing enough for them. But the fact that these young people are not getting support from their own country with programs for their mental issues such as depression and who knows how many more things they are going through (maybe sexual exploitation) If they can’t count on the Laws to protect and defend them against these injustice; they see no way to end their pain. I hear a lot of people saying that people that commit suicide are cowards, but I was in those shoes, and I can say; you have to have a lot of guts to go through that; not knowing what awaits us after we die. I just pray and hope they find the PEACE and relief from that pain that was so immense it drove them to end their precious young life. The fact that everything is unfairly buried under the rug, and we never know who caused that suicide bc I know it definitely didn’t come from him…that bothers me so much. It’s easy for us to say how many other options they had, and I would have loved to see him even ‘‘selling vegetable’’ but alive, but that will never happen and we lost him. But HE deserved better. He deserved to love whomever he wanted to love. To be free like the wind, and enjoy his life to the fullest, and those are the things these Idols/ Kpop kids never get to have in their life. How many more have to die before the Fans start to speak out for them, and be their voices, fight to get them the chance in life to want to live and not choose to Die.

I will pray for his soul and his long walk into the light because I know he was forgiven, and lovingly welcome back into their home where there is no pain, no sorrow just unconditional never ending love. RIP Young man.

3 Likes

My gosh, @angelight313_941, you’ve been through an awful time. I’m so glad that you survived. I have never in my life thought that cowards commit suicide. There is an immense strength of purpose involved in taking that final step. Sometimes life gets too hard, and the difficulties go on and on relentlessly without letting up. When that happens, escaping the bleakness and the never-ending darkness seems like the only solution.

Because suicide is one of those topics that people rarely talk about, I’m posting the following links in the hope that the information they contain will help someone save another person’s life one day. Knowledge about what to do when faced with such a dreadful and intimidating situation is invaluable. (The links are hidden from view under “Summary”.)

Summary

An Australian family began what has now become the “R U OK” day. This is part of a suicide awareness program…
https://www.ruok.org.au/our-story

Kevin’s story is something that everyone should read. The information and insight it provides save lives.
Hey kid, are you OK?: A story of suicide survived | Advances in Psychiatric Treatment | Cambridge Core

This is the story of a teenager who saved the life of a man about to jump off a bridge simply by asking “Are you okay?”
Teenager who asked man about to jump off bridge 'Are you okay?' says he just likes to help people | The Independent | The Independent

4 Likes

I don’t think the ones called out as cowards are the ones who went this route because they didn’t have the strength to fight on. The ones that self delete after doing some terrible things (mass shooting for example) and exit without facing the consequences of their action are the ones branded cowards.

3 Likes