An icon passed away today

In memory of the legendary Tony Bennett, join Mom and me for a 10-minute gentle walk set to the timeless tunes of this beloved icon who showed us that age is just a number. He lived with joy, noting that he never worked a day in his life because he did what he loved.

Let’s pay tribute to Tony’s remarkable legacy as we stroll down memory lane with four of his popular songs: “Put On a Happy Face,” “Steppin’ Out with My Baby,” “Just in Time,” and his signature tune "I Left My …

See more

3 Likes

Irish singer Sinéad O’Connor has died aged just 56.

RIP Sinéad

5 Likes

• Icons with similar trials.

@simi11,
She is among many who marked an era.

5 Likes

I’m just reading about it and I’m somewhat speechless and in disbelieve, still young to leave :sob: She had many difficulties in her life I was hoping she gets back on her feet but her son’s death in 2022 must have been too hard on her including her own mental issues.
RIP Sinead, may you be together with you son :candle: :dove:

One of kind song, she was quite beautiful and had a strong voice:

6 Likes

You are so right, this era will never ever come again, but made a huge impact on the life of those who were lucky to live or enjoy it during those times. I love the 80’ :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh my, so very shocking to hear about Sinead O’Connor’s passing away at age 56. It is always so tragic when a person takes their own life. Agree with others here that her son’s tragic death devastated her and that combined with her other issues proved too much to bear.
I’ll always remember her lovely voice and her unconventional spirit, along with her activism. I remember clearly when her “Nothing Compares To You” video came out on MTV and I was so impressed by both her talent and her unconventional shaved head look! I also remember the shock felt by everyone when she ripped up the photo of Pope John Paul II during her performance on “Saturday Night Live.” I think she was one of the first celebrities to bring attention to child sexual abuse in the Catholic Church. Certainly at the time of the SNL appearance, that topic was not in the news much like it would be a few years later.
For sure, she was an original talent who helped define an era. RIP, Sinead. My condolences to her family, her friends, and her fans.

2 Likes

He’s main lead’s grandpa in the Korean drama Pinocchio

8 Likes

Oh My heart! :heart:
!Byun Hee Bong - Movies & TV Shows
Asian Wiki lists more of his works, these (⁠人⁠ ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ⁠) are here on Viki.
:performing_arts::movie_camera: Jung-Yi, Goddess of Fire | Boolui Yeoshin Jung-Yi (MBC / 2013) - Moon Sa-Seung

:performing_arts::movie_camera: Glory Jane | Yeongkwangui Jaein (KBS2 / 2011) - Old man Hwang (cameo)

:performing_arts::movie_camera: My Girlfriend is Gumiho | Nae Yeochineun Gumiho (SBS / 2010)

4 Likes

Still remember Flower Grandpa Investigation Unit.

5 Likes

He was one of the first grandpas I remember, 2003’s version 1 % of Anything, what a cheeky grandpa he was trying to get “his” granddaughter-in-law.

7 Likes

Oh, RIP and be free :dove: This actor seems to have had a fulfilled life as far the acting roles go. A veteran indeed. I do recognize his face in dramas I’ve watched. May his family and friends be comforted by good memories. :pray: :candle:

5 Likes

y’know, I hate it when scammers/spammers put on a notice that actors or actresses die. well caught off guard today, someone put on FB Tom Sellic passed away today< but curious me, had to just check it out!
why do they do that???

News of actor Tom Selleck’s death spread quickly earlier this week causing concern among fans across the world. However the September 2023 report has now been confirmed as a complete hoax and just the latest in a string of fake celebrity death reports. Thankfully, the actor best known for his roles in Magnum, P.I. or Blue Bloods is alive and well.

UPDATE 24/09/2023 : This story seems to be false. (read more)

Tom Selleck death hoax spreads on ■■■■■■■■

Rumors of the actor’s alleged demise gained traction on Friday after a ‘R.I.P. Tom Selleck’ ■■■■■■■■ page attracted nearly one million of ‘likes’. Those who read the ‘About’ page were given a believable account of the American actor’s passing:

At about 11 a.m. ET on Friday (September 22, 2023), our beloved actor Tom Selleck passed away. Tom Selleck was born on January 29, 1945 in Detroit. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page.

HE isn’t dead!!!

2 Likes

Yes, @frustratedwriter
Those “celebrity death” hoaxes/scams are so frustrating. I saw one recently for Tom Cruise. Of course, he is alive and well. Some people are just mean and nasty to do that type of thing. I’m glad that you were not fooled. Thanks for letting us know the truth.

2 Likes

I saw season one of Lupin on ■■■■■■■ (you know, that other media platform) a couple of months ago–a really well-done, intense, and not overtly violent show. And its second season on ■■■■■■■ starts at the end of this month.

If I recall correctly, Adama Niane played a low-level gang member who kidnapped the main character’s wife.

According to the Independent website (UK paper), he passed away on January 29 of this year, and Omar Sy, who plays the title role, wrote about it on Twitter (here translated in English): “I extend my deep condolences to the loved ones of Adama Niane, an immense actor alongside whom I had the chance and the pleasure of playing.”

So sad to know a good actor passed away at a relatively young age.

I do recommend Lupin. Very well done. The subtitles in English (my first language) are pretty good, with very few instances of English being mapped onto French sentence structure.

And the series provides a wonderful, absolutely free tour of Paris and the surrounding countryside.

3 Likes

Byun Hee Bong played Dr. Oh in the K-drama medical drama from 2007 called Inside the White Tower (based on a Japanese novel). His character was wise, experienced, sympathetic, and no-nonsense.

Inside the White Tower sealed my fate with regard to K-dramas. It starred Kim Myung Min and Lee Sun Kyun and just blew me away with its combination of realism, humor, medical accuracy, and some very interesting portrayals of characters determined to be thought of as dragons “born from a ditch.”

I also was charmed by the characters Dr. Yum and Dr. Ha, a male and female resident who were romantically involved.

3 Likes

I have no guarantee on this one but here goes, Clint Eastwood died, and think this is another scam, dead at 93, but I haven’t found the proof ,has anyone else?

3,264 views Sep 20, 2023
10 minutes ago. The Family Announced the Sad News about actor Clint Eastwood / Rest in Peace

I am going to keep this posted for now, I just hate giving false news like this , if it is false that is.

1 Like

Clint Eastwood is alive and well. This is another “death hoax.” Apparently, Eastwood has been involved in the “death hoax” many times.

2 Likes

I really hate this, wish whoever it is would stop!!

thanks table122000

1 Like

You are welcome, @frustratedwriter
Yes, I wish these people would stop doing these things.

1 Like

ok heres another one, and she died today

Suzanne Somers, best known for her roles on Three’s Company and Step by Step, has died . Somers died on Sunday morning, PEOPLE confirms. She would have been 77 on Monday. “Suzanne Somers passed away peacefully at home in the early morning hours of October 15th.

Suzanne Somers, the effervescent blonde actor known for playing Chrissy Snow on the television show “Three’s Company” and who became an entrepreneur and New York Times best-selling author, has died. She was 76.

Somers had breast cancer for over 23 years and died Sunday morning, her family said in a statement provided by her longtime publicist, R. Couri Hay. Her husband Alan Hamel, her son Bruce and other immediate family were with her in Palm Springs, California.

“Her family was gathered to celebrate her 77th birthday on October 16th,” the statement read. “Instead, they will celebrate her extraordinary life, and want to thank her millions of fans and followers who loved her dearly.”

wow didn’t know she had breast cancer!

4 Likes