🎊 [Announcement] New Japanese Shows & Dramas + Sub-a-thon Info 🎊

No answer to our question, but I can see that they didn’t give us the badge. You made more than 1000 segments and I made 725 segments and 189 subs and we got nothing, while someone who only made 260 subs got it.

2 Likes

That was fast getting the badges out. It doesn’t seem fair that our segments and subtitles don’t count since they were all on the designated channels listed. It isn’t our fault that they uploaded them before the start date. There was such a limited amount to work on for top 50 segmenters. There should be some response to this overlook on their part. It shouldn’t have been uploaded before the beginning of the time then if it wouldn’t count. Please give a response @camiille

3 Likes

In Viki’s defense, they did clearly state at the beginning that the subathon would run from November 3 through the 10th. Having said that, I’m in complete agreement with fizban and bjohnsonwong that it made no sense to make the eligible shows available for two days prior to the start of the subathon. The net effect was to delay work on those shows for most of the contributors, since early contributions wouldn’t be counted toward the badge. Perhaps there was some method to the madness, but in the absence of that, I would strongly suggest that in the future, subathons such as this one be aligned with the availability of the shows.

2 Likes

Hi how can be earn this prize?

@dannyelita32_368 It is finished. It was up to 13th November.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for providing your thoughts and concerns for this sub-a-thon.

I wanted to address the feedback we’ve received in regards to the timing of the sub-a-thon.

We decided to provide a two-day leeway to allow channel teams to form. This was something we took into consideration because it’s been a while since we added Japanese titles to Viki, thus we wanted to allow additional time for channel teams to recruit.

Since the launch of these titles, we’ve been blown away by all of your work and the enthusiasm that you brought! We’re very happy to see that and can’t wait to bring even more Japanese titles to you. We’ll keep in mind all the points you have raised as we create future sub-a-thons and badge opportunities. Should a similar sub-a-thon and titles launch event happen, we’ll do our best to have them start at the same time.

While we understand that there are channel team members who contributed between Nov. 1-2, we will be honoring the application of the badge to users who contributed during the time period on the original announcement.

Thanks again!

Best,
Camille
Viki Community Team

1 Like

Hello!

Thank you everyone who participated in the 2017 Japanese Sub-a-thon! We loved seeing all the energy and enthusiasm for the return of Japanese titles. The badge has been awarded to the top 50 segmenters and top 50 subtitlers.

And now to announce our grand prize winners!

Top 3 Segmenters

• yellowheart
  • mxover
  • lil1508

Top 3 Subtitlers

• irene1995
  • stima
  • yae

Congratulations to our winners!

Again, thank you to everyone who participated, and to the channels teams for all their amazing work. We can’t wait to bring you even more of the shows and movies we hope you’ll love!

Best,
Camille
Viki Community Team