ANYONE else BAIL on Dramas when YOU know the SAD part is coming? Or is it just ME

My hardest DRAMA to finish as much as I LOVE Ji Chang Wook and he is BRILLIANT - BUT BUT I think I am coming close to being able to re-start and finish it - even with a SAD ending.

3 Likes

My Golden Life , took your heart out , stepped on it and kicked it around a bit and set fire to it …but you kept watching …

2 Likes

And yes , I have bailed on several that I didn;t want to deal with the sad part

1 Like

Anyone Abandon Ship Recently on a DRAMA

Abandoned General’s Lady :disappointed_relieved: Too bad I had to say goodbye to the handsome general :sob::sob:
the kiss scenes were so gooodddddd AISH why did the storyline have to be so stupid??!!

1 Like

Aigoo - but just fast forward to the good parts!!!

1 Like

Dramas that I waited weeks to see ending bc I knew it was going to be sad

Mr. Nice Guy (Korean)
That Winter The Wind Blows (korean)
Winter Begonia (chinese)
Angels and Demons (spain)

1 Like

So many and some might love them, but I either just didn’t like them, couldn’t go on watching, or found it plain boring:

It had a bit of fluff, but like soap foam it disappeared … It got boring and with so many eps in front of me all I could do is …

This one I watched till something in the 20, but it just wouldn’t, you know, like a jamming door, so I jumped to 10 eps before the ending and then watched the last ep, and oh, the door was still jamming for me …

Already at the start the drama didn’t have the vibe that would make me like to watch it.

Comedy is not the best genre for at the moment, there is only hit or miss for me and this was the latter.

This might still have a chance I will finish it, but then it must fit my mood to 100%, now it just didn’t.

The world is too evil, the characters just too greedy, except you know who …

Jumped ship at ep 25 and already have zero memory about the drama …

3 Likes

I really want to TRY this one!! And I really want to like Cinderella Chef and Dating in the Kitchen and Flower Crew! I’ll leave them on the back burner cuz SO many good ones still to watch!

3 Likes

I had to stop watching Youth of May, I’m Nigerian (though I reside in the UK) the govt oppressing its citizens and taking lives of innocent unarmed protesters was hitting close to home. Maybe I’ll summon courage someday to finish the series. Plus it seems it has a sad ending too. Argh!

3 Likes

Yes, as I watched it, I felt so hurt because I knew things like this have happened to my own people and are happening to people even now all over the world. I’m glad South Korea, as a democracy, is using their history to showcase the personal helplessness and the tragedy that occurs when a government turns on the people it is supposed to protect. I loved the way they showed the incident from the eyes of everyone: the students, older people, children, doctors, nurses, church leaders, businessmen and even the soldiers themselves.

But I still didn’t like the drama very much for other character-related reasons, which is why I gave it a nine and I’m glad I’m done with it.

1 Like

I feel like bailing on Ashes of Love in Episode 32… I know they’ll meet again in heaven(LITERALLY😂) but I DON’T WANT TO SEE THE SAD PART I DONNNNNN’TTTT :sob::sob: I’ve paused the drama at the part where he’s standing in the doorway looking at her dead body also WHYYY did they have her die just after rou rou I can’ttt and I CANNOT BRING MYSELF TO WATCH… also my parents are in the room WHY

It’s the first time I’m watching such an epic but adorable romance and I don’t want anything bad to happennnnnn… UGH this drama has completely taken hold of me!!

2 Likes

i always do that because at least in kdramas i want everything to be happy, the guy i like getting the girl i like or its too much of sadness or violence, but if that’s not the case i just leave it. its better to leave it rather than crying a whole weekend about the show.

2 Likes

Me and DOOM - Cried ALOT!

2 Likes

i was so sad that it ended :((

2 Likes

Didn’t it give you a good ending? At least you didn’t want to throw your laptop at your favorite actor like I did with Youth Of May :sob::sob: I love the guy, but I’m going to approach his dramas with caution from now on :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

i saw the spoilers of youth of may so i didn’t even watch the show because of that ending

2 Likes

Have you guys ever watched a drama that made you break things? I have

We have a thread for that - YOU can go see our “Throw the Laptop” Dramas and add to it!

1 Like

First of all, I try to avoid shows that do not have a happy ending. Otherwise, I may not bail out completely when trouble strikes, but I often skip over the prolonged sad/angsty parts and go right to the reunion/reconciliation. Once I have seen that, I can sometimes go back and watch the hard parts. My tolerance of angst continues to diminish the older I get. LOL

3 Likes