Anyone upgrade to Viki Pass Plus yet?

Takes all sort of people to make a world!
(Il mondo è bello perché è vario)

1 Like

I’m with you. Viki has lost credibility with me. I love my dramafever. There are no hassles. Just good programming.

1 Like

Question: how long does the Viki Pass Plus free trial? Thank you.

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/216768918-Can-I-have-more-than-one-Viki-Pass-free-trial-

Thank you.

I think it sucks. All the new Kdramas are the KOCAWA shows and we can’t watch them now unless we pay more. I pay for Dramafever ($.99/mo) as well and some of the same shows are available on there with no special upgrades. Thinking of cancelling Viki membership.

or… you could go from a viewer… into a volunteer and get your QC status and the access for free. One does not necessarily not need to know billion of languages to help out. you could choose the show in your native language and caption it for other shows and if you do know another language, you could help out subbing the shows. segmenting is also an option but one needs to know a bit more than the know-how shown in Viki tutorials to actually segment the shows and not to butcher them, but it is quite easy to learn the rules and follow them if someone is willing. and you only need to do like 600 subs/segments per 3 months to get the free access, which is like a half of a drama’ episode right now :slight_smile:

I upgraded but could not watch anything because I could not log in any more…
Now I could log in but I no longer want the membership any more.
Have tried three times ask to refund my membership fee, just could not do it.
I guess I have to go to the credit card company ask them to stop the payment.

Echot888_317

wow only $ 0.99 per month at DF, where are you that you can pay so little. The US site says the lowest is $4.19 if paid yearly and $4.99 per month and over $8.33 for a yearly with the roku stick… they used to have one with fewer ads but I don’t see it offered… perhaps older subscriptions still carry it, if you never cancelled…

If you want to watch older kdramas, then good for you. Currently, dramafever has only two Korean on-air shows (Andante & I am not a robot (which is also on kocowa & viki), the other ones in the Coming Soon section are short web dramas). It seems like they’re focusing more on Chinese dramas from now on.

Actually we had suggested captioning (and segmenting) a year ago, when she first came. And there had been a dialogue about it here but I don’t think she liked the idea. You know, not everyone is up to it :slight_smile: .
https://discussions.viki.com/t/volunteer-subs/13888
and here:
https://discussions.viki.com/t/subbers/14066/8

I really enjoyed Viki, but I cancelled my subscription all together, not saying that I won’t get it back because right now I have not found anything better. I did subscribe to Kocowa tv and its cost is $6.99 per month, but it is only for your phone or tablet not the computer and although I have good internet connection, it kept dropping the the connection so I cancelled it too. It had some good shows on their and the picture and subtitles were on point. So currently I am not subscribed to anyone…so sad…

1 Like

I upgrade to Viki pass but I do not see the difference all the drama are locked

Log off, clear your browser’s History and Cache, close the browser, open it again and login again.
See if it solves the problem. It usually does. If not, write to viki staff at Help Center.

What are the k-dramas that can only be seen in Viki Pass Plus?

Yea, I upgraded. It seems like all the shows I watch are in Viki Pass Plus. It’s definitely twice as much as what I pay for Dramafever, but all my shows are here. Now I’m just trying to watch as many shows as I can with my subscription. haha

1 Like

You fail to see the big picture or else you work for viki. For what they demand of there customers to pay to be able to watch there shows and the quality of services they are giving there customers is bad and that is putting it mildly.

The content provider works hard to create the drama, their product. I think the illegal contents should be deleted.

1 Like

I really liked having a Viki Pass but when they started “Plus” choices seemed limited…I love having no commercials I but I can’t afford the brand new programs…kinda sucks :unamused:

what upsets me is they do that viki pass and the ones that don’t have it are blocked in seeing those dramas we want to see, so is Viki just after the money? and if thats so, how come they don’t get those new dramas here? I don’t have viki plus pass. btw. so why bother with viki pass plus?