BL fan club / fan chat on Viki

some new recs for tapas viewers - boy and the wolf(:point_left:one of my fav) , rum and done, night class. image

1 Like

oh my, I was going to get a one month subscription to another platform to watch Love in the Air, but I just realized it’s coming to Viki next month

5 Likes

I like a lot

6 Likes

I finally watched Not Me, and as expected I really liked it. I don’t know why I avoid watching some dramas even when I’m sure I’ll like them. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

I liked Not Me too. Another couple of GMMTV dramas that you’ll like are Vice Versa The Series and The Eclipse The Series. Both are on Youtube for free.

Even though I’m not usually a fan of high school shows, The Eclipse is really well done. The two leads are highly experienced actors and do a really great job. It’s award-winning acting.

3 Likes

I watched both of those, but just kept putting off Not Me.:woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Hi, ich habe einige BL-Serien gesehen und sie geliebt, aber ich war noch nie in einem Fanclub

Is it me or these BL dramas are repeating the same stories over and over again? Like the piggy back ride scenes in K dramas that annoyed me so much in the past, they need to get creative there and write more challenging stuff. Too much of the same thing gets boring or is it tiring?

2 Likes

:sunglasses:
I wonder if you have really watched all the Asian BL movies and series , because, even if the theme is the same most of the time (love), the stories take on different forms due to the scripts, the directorial vision and, last but not least, the actors’ performance…
I suggest you to follow the discussions above, movie/serial suggestions, maybe you missed some series that, from the point of view of many, are well made… or you can give references to the ones you liked…

2 Likes

I mainly think that the ones I chose to watch were/are the same themes. They suggested some, and I saw them, but I didn’t feel there was much difference in them.

2 Likes

I feel like they do change over time. For example, there are more BL dramas featuring stories unrelated to school or university. The problem is rather that lots of BL dramas focus on “BL only,” instead of trying to build up some solid story around the romance. There are dramas such as “Manner of Death” or “Triage” where romance isn’t the main topic, but the dramas here already changed the few romance scenes that the novel mentions.
I guess, we shouldn’t forget why people even watch BL. Some may want same-sex stories that are somewhat equal to everything else, but a lot of people watch them because they want to see handsome guys making out… and stuff. :laughing:

I’ve read tons (!) of BL manwha, manga and manhua over time. I can only remember few of them in fact. Many of them just reproduce the same stories over and over again. Friends to lovers, love between student and teacher, loving your handsome boss, AV actors meeting their destined partner, few fantasy concepts… and of course mafia/gangster stories. KinnPorsche somewhat reminds me of ever popular manga such as “Loveprize in Viewfinder” or “Bi no Isu” (not recommended to minors by any means). In fact, the well-known BL manga or genres such as omegaverse are especially well-known for concepts that nowadays BL drama fans frown upon. Same with the seme-uke concept that isn’t even really featured in dramas these days, but it’s still very dominant in the comics that provide the foundation for most of these dramas (well, it’s easier to put some bulky guy next to a slender guy in a comic after all).

I wonder what direction BL dramas will take, but considering the target audience, they might get stuck in the comic/ light novel’s industry’s concepts after all.

4 Likes

:sunglasses:
It is much easier to assimilate the technological progress than the psychological one, and considering that the recognition of LGBT rights around the world only started in the 20th century…
Considering the socio-cultural characteristics, the recognition of LGBT couples and their rights in East Asian countries is still far from other countries that have legal regulations and recognition of rights without exceptions…Regarding Asian BL dramas (at least those existing here at Viki) are fictions, but with an educational, moralizing touch… small steps on the path of acceptance…

hence variations on the same theme of couples in high schools/faculties (many of which I would recommend to obtuse parents and teachers ), mature couples and less often “LGBT family life” with all that it implies.

:grinning:if in the dramas with heterosexual couples only innocent kisses happen, the producers/directors/screenwriters add a little spice to the others - and here it’s all called education…:wink:but what else can I comment about ” The Handmaiden” /2016

:thinking:I think so too

2 Likes

:sunglasses: Art is relative.
A few years ago, in comparative studies (and here I thank you B.G. , I bow with great respect to you, a student who greatly exceeded your teachers, because you reminded me of this film that also found here too its place) this film was also mentioned as a reference.
If for some critics it is a little impressive , with the possibility of script development, for others it is a special film due to the honesty of rendering the consumption of emotional-psychological conflicts similar to a tango that begins and ends strongly, beginning imaginary and ending in a dramatic reality .
For those who haven’t seen it yet, I recommend Method 2017 (Unchain), I hope it’s possible to watch it in your region.

5 Likes

Hi! happy to see this post and read so many reply :heart_eyes:
I’m a BL addicted since 2018!

Have a nice day :heartpulse:

3 Likes

This one is SO GREAT!

5 Likes

@kdrama2020ali you might be interested in #5 - My Beautiful Man: Eternal. Of course I am looking forward to #9 - Be Mine Superstar, because of Ja & First

7 Likes

I love My Beautiful Man! So they are making it a movie!

4 Likes

what!! really?? i didn’t know about this. they really did a great job with series. ahhh!! what a relief…

5 Likes

Me too bruh! I hv watched bls from ig 1 year! And m kinda good at this point.

3 Likes

I’m currently watching :

• All The Liquors
  • Bed Friend
  • A Boss And A Babe

Just finished My School President, I’m going to miss then ! :frowning: :two_hearts:

3 Likes