[CLOSED] Seeking English → German subtitling enthusiasts

Dear @teufelchen_netty_266

The mistake is mine and I sincerely apologise for it.

Just after Viki made me Channel Manager, I sent a Viki-approved letter (in pdf format) around those involved in the original preparation of this series back in 2018. In this letter, I explained why “Love In Time” was being revisited and I also invited past volunteers to help this time around. I honestly thought that I had the names of everyone involved.

Now when I look at that message I sent, though, I can see that your name is not there. I have no explanation as to why this happened. I’m guessing that because this is my first time as Channel Manager, I wasn’t aware of something and, as a result, I missed sending this letter to you. I am so sorry that this happened.

If you are interested, below is the message with the attached pdf that I originally sent to the 2018 team. The timestamp at the end of the message is Australian (AEST) time. I’ve now also added your name to that team in the Team Credits on the cover page.

Kind regards,
Manganese

P.S. As Padma mentions above, there are two web dramas in this series, “Love in Memory” and “Love in Time.” I am only concerned with sequel, “Love in Time.”

ORIGINAL MESSAGE AND PDF ATTACHEMENT

Dear all,

A couple of years ago, you worked on a South Korean series called “Love In Time.” This drama was never finished. I have now been given the role of organising the drama’s completion.

Please see the pdf below regarding this.

Letter/pdf to “Love in Time” Volunteers

If you are interested in being a member of the new team, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Manganese

Jun 15, 06:16 pm

3 Likes

Do you want the project?
It’s not that I jumped at it right away. @manganese already put up a topic a week ago, since German normally is taken right away I didn’t go for it. Only after it looked as no one would want to do the project, I decided to take it. So if you really want it, just say so.

2 Likes

@Lutra No worries, just go ahead. I think I just didn’t make myself clear enough.

1 Like

Don’t worry dear,
this is a big misunderstanding. I was just the moderator for Love in Memory, and I just meant, that you could have contacted the mods from there, since it’s from the same series. And you also said that you did and miss me. But it is alright ^€^
I’m sorry if I confused you or made you feel uncomfortable.That wasn’t my intention.

2 Likes

Okay, got it. Have a good time.

1 Like

Hi @teufelchen_netty_266 :slight_smile:

Thank you for your message. I appreciate it.

I honestly wasn’t uncomfortable at all. While I do my very best to avoid mistakes, sometimes they happen. When they do, I acknowledge them and apologise. It is something my parents taught me as the “right thing to do.” It seems that many decades later, I’m still following the teachings of my Mum and Dad even though they long ago stopped walking on Earth.

It’s a pleasure to meet you. One day in the future, maybe our paths will cross again.

Best regards,
Manganese

2 Likes

@bunnysai
Hello,
Manganese
Actually we both like to be the Telugu moderators for the series, he is a new qc and I think this is the best opportunity for newbies to get to know about moderating isn’t it ? @manganese

1 Like

Hi Padma.

Have you had a chance to have a look at the drama and determine if it’s suitable for you to work on?

1 Like

@padmalayag I would love to work on it.

1 Like

Hi Padma,

That’s a great idea! I’m totally supportive of people gaining experience. @bunnysai congratulations on getting your QC!!! Brilliant stuff :slight_smile:

I’ve added him as a Moderator. He will now be able to enter the Subtitle Editor.

Wow! I’m very excited that you’re both wanting to be involved. It’s awesome.

Regards,
Manganese

1 Like

It’s actually short and there is no time limit so we can finish it slowly!

Thanks! @manganese