Correct subtitles not showing up on player

Hello! I’ve got a tiny bit of a problem.
So, after I sub an episode I always watch it because there are always some mistakes here and there. Obviously I correct these mistakes in the subtitle editor and save them. But a few days ago I decided to watch the parts that I had corrected once again, just to make sure that the right translation was there … and it wasn’t. There was still the same text that I had saved for the very first time, which means the unrevised text. However, the correct subtitles are actually in the subtitle editor, it’s just that they don’t show up on the actual player.
Just to sum it up: correct subtitles are saved and do show up normally in the subtitle editor but not on the actual video player.

I hope someone knows what I’m talking and could help me with this. Thanks! :smiley:

I think this is related to the problem in this thread:
http://discussions.viki.com/t/the-translating-is-not-working/2425

There seems to be an issue with the display of subtitles, that where created after this weekend. In your case the old subtitles are showing, because they were created before the issue started.
When you sub an episode at the moment the subtitles will appear and be saved in the subtitle editor, but they won’t show, when you try to watch it. The team ist aware of the issue and currently working on it, but maybe you should send in a request to tell them, that editing existing subtitles works neither.

Oh, I saw that thread but didn’t think it could be related. It’s probably the same bug, yeah.
I’ll send them a message to let them know about it.

Thanks for helping me! :smiley: