Do channels still recruit English subbers?

Chinese drama “Since I Met U” is being subbed by volunteers for people looking for an opportunity.

1 Like

Chinese drama “Rose and Knight” is recruiting Chinese-English subbers for people looking for an opportunity.

2 Likes

Chinese Drama “Love Like White Jade” is looking for Translation Editors for people looking for an opportunity.

1 Like

Hi. I’m interested. Could I participate as Translation Editor in Spanish? You tell me something as soon as possible, please? Waiting for one opportunity.

This is only about English. For Spanish you should contact the Spanish Moderator of a channel you are interested in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@olaya_62: This forum is for people who want to subtitle Chinese to English. You will need to contact the Spanish Moderator of any dramas you are interested in for opportunities in Spanish language. Good Luck to You!

EDIT: Chinese drama “Love Like White Jade” is recruiting for Spanish language. More details here:

How can I be a translation editor?

To be a Translation Editor, send a private message to the Chief Editor or the Channel Manager of the project you are interested in and tell them that you ae interested in being a Translation Editor on the project.
Good Luck to You!

Chinese Drama “Warm On A Cold Night” is recruiting Chinese-English subbers for people looking for an opportunity.

Chinese drama “Route” is recruiting Chinese-English subbers for people looking for an opportunity.

This whole discussion, as I see from the replies, is about Chinese shows. But the situation on popular new Korean dramas is even more dire. It’s been a while I haven’t seen one that is not pre-subbed, and sometimes they also tell managers not to hire a Translation Editor. This leaves no space and no purpose to Korean-English translators, who are leaving the ship en masse.

5 Likes

Chinese drama “Nothing But You” is recruiting Chinese-English subbers for people looking for an opportunity.

1 Like

A real shame if they’re actively pushing to stop community editing too. Subs going through a few rounds of editing really polishes them out. I’ve definitely seen some confusing or incomplete translations on pre-subbed series.

Can’t help wonder if maybe that’s their intent.

5 Likes

Not per se. Their intent is to please the public who wants subtitles quickly. So the volunteer subbers naturally become redundant, it’s
simply a consequence.

2 Likes

Anyone looking for a Chinese to English project, please contact the Chief Editor: trangstar888.

Chinese drama “Please Be My Family” is recruiting Chinese-English subbers for people looking for an opportunity.

1 Like

New channel looking for Chinese to English subtitlers. Contact the CE/CM. :blush:

Chinese drama “The Youth Memories/Where Dreams Begin” is recruiting Chinese-English subbers for people looking for an opportunity.

Chinese drama "Yes, Her Majesty is recruiting Chinese-English Translation Editors for people looking for an opportunity.

Is this opp still available?