Do Scandals Affect Your Viewing?

Ooohhh… did you read this one?
https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/10/she-brought-three-men-to-the-house-youtube-reporter-lee-jin-ho-reveals-a-voice-recording-with-the-ex-husband-of-kim-seon-hos-former-girlfriend

4 Likes

Whow! :astonished:! Shocking! I said it before, if only he’d listened to his parents, and stayed A-w-a-y! from a divorcee. At least in this case, he’d have been spared this downfall experience.

2 Likes

You’re saying this jokingly, right?

2 Likes

In his case, I do mean every word, not all divorcee are like this, but, 이번 한 번만, if only he had listened.
That article you shared irmar, really showed her character from the video her ex-husband retrieved out of their house.

3 Likes

Yesterday I was thinking how very sad for KSH - all though we all are angry and upset by this ex - this is someone he LOVED - sometimes love is blind - and I’m sure the reason he has stayed quiet is because he does not want to hurt her. It is sad all the way around. And sad when someone falls for someone who is manipulative -

4 Likes

What you wrote reminded me of this topic.

3 Likes

Unfortunately - Even Friends can be toxic and manipulative - I have had to let those people go in my life - and I hate HATE that word TOXIC - people seem to throw it around again and again for no reason - especially when it comes to some of my favorite kdramas -

But yes - weird something that KSH said in an interview that I posted above - that his experiences are what makes him a good actor - like trees that he gathers to make him who he is!!! I hope that this experience pulls him forward and someday he finds a beautiful caring person to love and have a family with - as he propels himself back also into his craft.

5 Likes

I was just thinking a lot of my American Actors that I have liked over the years

Tom Cruise
Johnny Depp
Brad Pitt

To name a Few - They ALL had scandals usually - Dating or Marriage Scandals - and
Welp - No One Cancelled Them!!!

4 Likes

I think Johny Depp lost a Disney contract when the Amber Heart scandal popped… I also have my view on her, which isn’t good…

5 Likes

WELL - Disney has lost their minds lately - Jack Sparrow’s new vision is going to be Different let’s just say…I think maybe a female not sure - why they change mid storyline - who knows but always ruins it for me. I loved the first few Pirates…

Yep - there is some interesting stuff there also.

He does have new movies coming out.

2 Likes

again really a shame where scandles take these people! and they lose out with their acting carrers, wonder about Alec now…

No offence, but some of your favorite dramas ARE pretty toxic :joy: Though there are some who misuse the word, I’d say toxic refers to dramas where there’s unnecessary use of force without consent/emotional blackmail/stalking/excessive controlling/unnecessary, excessive measures in the name of jealousy/absolutely zero respect for private space and all of this justified by saying the two are “in love.”

Now, I wouldn’t call all wrist-grabbing “use of force” (though some people do, I see it as harmless and not really overpowering/controlling, they’re just stopping someone for sometime and usually let go when the character pushes them away - most of the time). But some dramas do cross the line and you can see the FL character is clearly uncomfortable. Force-kissing when the FL clearly doesn’t want it is definitely toxic.

Sure, many enjoy them and I wouldn’t stop anyone from watching, but that doesn’t excuse them from being toxic. It is what it is.

1 Like

I personally don’t think so! Scandals doesn’t affect my viewing. For me, I feel bad watching the works of people who are no more! I feel bad for them while watching their works…

3 Likes

That wasn’t exactly what I meant but okie dokie. I meant how a lot of MDL or opinions use this word excessively and about EVERYTHING. Not everything now a days is toxic. What happened to KHS is and lots of friendships can be toxic.

I absolutely don’t condone anyone dealing with sexual harassment. I have had that happen to me in REAL life - — But like in Love Is Phantom - he asked permission-she gave permission although others saw it as toxic - we can all see it differently.

Yes - I understand that kiss in Perfect Match might be offensive - but I know their situation in real life and kind of understood the ML’s frustration & her reaction really ticked me off - as I bailed on the drama for a moment while I cool off over FL…anytime you want to discuss a drama that I enjoy that you see as crossing the line - you know I will always discuss - I just sometimes see things different through the eyes of our Characters -

My main point is to not use words like this to the point they are overused or misused then they become meaningless.

1 Like

Toxic? I just found him too pushy? That’s why I couldn’t enjoy it … Or maybe I saw it too often before? I don’t know, but I think we can safely agree on him not really being toxic.

2 Likes

Sorry Off Topic!

Summary

I just grabbed an example from some of the reviews on MDL - I feel like the new buzz words today are TOXIC and GASLIGHTING - you hear them thrown around A LOT!!! In Love Is Phantom I just found him to be comfortable in who he loved and vice versa - she was just as much into him as he was with her - but I am all about the masculine flirty guy!!! I am watching Love Script right now and he loves being in his girl’s space and flirty (part of it is they were lovers in a past life) BUT I love the extremely flirty male leads and the bad boys who are squishy on the inside!!!

So I agree he is not Toxic!

1 Like

I actually can’t grasp that word … What is it used for? Something is extra bright, flashy, or what?

2 Likes
Summary

It usually means convincing someone that they are CRAZY when they are NOT!

Definition:
manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity.

I do believe that KSH actual girlfriend might have done this to him

2 Likes

Utube

Be aware that there are a lot of accounts out right now on Instagram - TROLLS - that keep saying more articles and news about KSH is coming - hopefully the story will just die down!!!

Well, well ...

Well, I kind of do no longer talk about this topic. Why? I hate it when so-called professional journalists stick their noses too deep into other peoples “dirty laundry”. This whole thing should have been kept between the people involved, but as we all know, not every adult is able to decisions that count as adult behavior. Anyway, if he can recover his career quicker, it’s all good. I am really sick about people obsessing and judging people that are in the limelight. Give them some peace.

How lucky am I not using Instagram … I won’t see it.

3 Likes