Do you cook?

that a “hella” brutal cooking, lol :rofl: I couldn’t believe my eyes when reading :scream:

2 Likes

I triple checked to make sure I was reading that right. :joy: I wonder where I might go to find a whole, medium-sized camel?

2 Likes

really not sure,about the camel

2 Likes

Um does that say CAMEL or CARAMEL???

@frustratedwriter
I made the cola roast above this weekend it was so tender and I put it over potatoes! So yummy!

image image
Meatball subs!

Some food suggestions are also here:

1 Like

@mirjam_465
You are a vegetarian, do you have some ideas for vegetarian barbecuing? That it also smells really delicious? :joy: I think the biggest challenge for me will be the scent :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I must finally do something for my conscience
If I can manage it :grinning:

2 Likes

There’s of course the ready-made meat replacers …

And potatoes, bell peppers, any vegetable that’s not too sensitive. Mushrooms on a stick…

2 Likes

@mirjam_465
Thank you :slight_smile: I’ll find out for myself :blush:
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:if you are of the opinion :fu:
(And of course you have time again), this could be something for Gaby :unicorn:
I am quite interested

1 Like

Making stuffed poblanos today with serrano cream sauce - stuffed with smoked pork and cheese.

1 Like

Well, I did not cook this but I did see it on Amazon and I was immediately like, That’s so delicious I can TASTE IT from here! I bought them and they ARE as delicious as I my imagined taste was! I must have eaten them when I was a kid going with my gramma to Japantown in San Francisco back I the 60’s. We’d get treats like futomaki, mochi, etc. while Gramma was getting her bonsai supplies. :sunglasses:

Oh, hey! Soko hardware is still there! They’ve been there since 1925. That place is a treasure to shop in. They have all kinds of things that are hard to find elsewhere.

Mandarin flavored Mochi. To die for!

3 Likes

That’s a good quote for me since I love mochi and mandarins :drooling_face:

1 Like

Ok I made this stew last night. It was really good. YUM!

I don’t really measure. I just look at it and throw the stuff in.

A couple of pounds of beef - rinse it off.
Brown it with a heaping tablespoon of garlic and some chopped onions
Ad water
2 cans chopped tomatoes
2 small cans tomato sauce
2 tsps oregano
big pinch of rosemary
3 huge dollops of gochuchang - thin it out with water then add to stew,
1 TBL chili flakes
boil that up till the meat is almost tender
add bag of carrots
a huge handful of dried portobello mushrooms ( or fresh)
then sliced spuds
Eat when the spuds are fork tender but not mushy.

It has a nice mild burn… but if you aren’t a chili lover. It may be too hot for you.

1 Like

Aw man! I am HUNGRY for some baked char siu bao! The closet bakery I know of is in OAKLAND, CA. meh… only about 895 miles from here. A little far to just hop on over. :laughing: (I really miss the Bay Area!)

Rats! I’m hungry! I’ll just hafta make my own then!

Char Siu - bbq pork stuffing

Baked Bao

2 Likes

ok everyone, question here, got me an air fryer. anyone use them? tell me what do you cook with them and so on

4 Likes

I’ve been curious about those too. I have not tried it yet so I don’t know what the food tastes like. But anything with less grease should theoretically be better for you… However, oils carry the flavor.

2 Likes

@frustratedwriter

The air fryer has a cookbook and a few recipes in there too. We used to make sweet potato fries cut them up like regular fries and presto. The chicken I recommend you steam it first; then add to frier bc I never liked the chewy taste like if chicken was not fully cooked.

We make a sauce called mayo ketchup for the sweet potato fries:
2 tablespoon of mayonnaise (Hellman’s preferred by me)
1 tablespoon of ketchup (I like Heinz ketchup)
A small package of any hot sauce you like
Stir well together dip the sweet potato fry in this sauce…
***The pink mayoketchup sauce is great for Hamburgers (omit/don’t add spicy packet)

My daughter cut up apple, peaches, prunes and other fruits and put it in air fryer and it was a great dry fruit snack for her she added cinnamon and a bit of brown sugar after frying.

The air fryer can catch fire so make sure you unplug it and clean well after each use. READ the instructions well.

Bon appetit! Eat in good health.

3 Likes

I like the dry fruit concept. as for the sweet potatoes, I just gotta try that one. the fryer was bought for me due to my “accident” so I am going to try these new recipes, another google thingy. oh the directions didn’t have recipes in it, just the how to stuff.

and thanks for the tip about catching fire, and yes reading directions as I go along

2 Likes

@frustratedwriter
Watch youtube about them fryers, it will be easier for you to understand. Put on search recipes for air fryer or danger of air fryers etc… a young couple almost lost their house bc they didn’t clean it properly, and this fryers are very high in temperature and grime and dirt can become a fire hazard. ENJOY your fryer!

2 Likes

well of course youtube and google too, but thanks for that warning

1 Like