Do you cook?

LOVE the plaid interior! That took a LOT of time!

I like fried okra but they don’t have any places around here which serve it. I make my own gumbo - no place here serves that either… lol I prefer squash sauteed in a little bit of olive oil (or with veggies and chicken with gochujng!) rather than deep-fried, but I tend not to like deep-fried foods. I don’t need empty-nutrition grease calories. I have enough fat as it is. :laughing:

2 Likes

:blush: yeah I know what you mean… but sometimes something fried I( don’t think it would hurt, not an everyday thing

3 Likes

I heard this one many years ago

try something different

some put mushrooms in…

3 Likes

I dont know why this link wont let me add anything, so giving it another try

3 Likes

3 Likes

It’s Elderberry season, from end of May till June you’ll find Elderberry flower clusters growing often in undisturbed edges of forests or if planted in your garden. Did you know the ripe berries in fall when fresh are terribly toxic? Must be boiled at least 15/20 minutes to release the toxic hydrogen cyanide gas from the seeds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0srCzoeN97w

This morning freshly gathered flowers made pancakes, they are very fragrant!

4 Likes

have fun!

4 Likes

Actually I don’t recommend applesauce and banana as an egg replacement too much. Applesauce might be okay as long as you are able to adjust the overall sweetness to it and the 2nd best option if you also want to replace oil (which I wouldnt recommend in general if you strife for an original consistency and result), but banana most often would just leave a very strong aftertaste to your cake and also adds lot of sugars which can make your cakes less fluffy. I think the “safest/best overall” option are just commercial egg replacers nowadays. Many of them are cheap and you dont have to open a whole jar/package of applesauce. Personally for this use I would think Aquafaba could be the best option tho and you can already buy it solely. :slight_smile: For an option thats better available I would just mix a bit of Plant milk and Vinegar which is also able to replace the oil, it will thicken to “butter milk” and will bind the ingredients smoothly. Silken tofu is also an option but might make the cake mixture “dense” so I would rather use that in plant based cheesecakes. And if you aren’t baking a light cake or fluffy cake I would always recommend finely ground, soaked flax seeds or for a light cake when it has to be fast (only for eggs) a mix of starches and water.

1 Like

• Too pretty to not share :yum:
Screenshot_20220613-153110_YouTube
https://youtu.be/iAezs4quR-U
Screenshot_20220613-153126_YouTube
• Healthy way to lose weight. :wink:
https://youtu.be/CAdoTdU9cuU

2 Likes

Amish Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients:

3 Chicken Breasts chopped into 1/4" pieces

2 boxes Chicken Broth

1 package ready mix (biscuit mix)

3 Chicken bouillon cubes

1/2 lb baby peeled carrots chopped

4 celery stalks chopped

4 cups Water

2 tbls garlic powder

2 tsp pepper

Salt and pepper

Directions:

In a large pot put in broth , bouillon cubes , 4 cups water , chicken , celery , carrots on high heat and bring to a boil reduce heat to medium-low cover and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked and veggies are tender. Stirring occasionally.

In a large bowl put in ready mix and water mix until really thick but comes off a spoon (like bread dough thickness). Then add garlic and 2 tsp pepper mixing to incorporate seasonings.

Spoon in tablespoons full of the dough in the pot with chicken and veggies one at a time. When all dough is in the pot cover and reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serve and enjoy

Note: sauce will thicken after putting in dumplings

1 Like

ITALIAN CREAM CAKE

Ingredients
This is a delicious cream cake whose ingredients, when combined, allow us to obtain a delightful combination of exquisite flavors to any palate.

Ingredients for the Bread:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
5 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
14 ounces shredded coconut
1 1/2 cups toasted pecans

Ingredients for Frosting:

2 cream kinds of cheese, 8 oz. each, softened
1 cup ( 2 sticks ) butter, softened
2 pounds powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup toasted walnuts

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare 3 round cake pans of 9 inches each by putting vegetable shortening, butter or cooking spray, and flour in them, making sure they are well coated to prevent the cake from sticking and set aside. Mix the baking powder, flour, and baking soda altogether. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract until the mixture is light beige and creamy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one by one, whisking well after each addition. Then add the dry ingredients: the flour, the baking soda, and the baking powder, with the buttermilk alternately. We beat until the ingredients are perfectly combined.

Then in a small bowl, mix half of the shredded coconut with one cup of walnuts, using a spatula or a spoon.

Divide the dough mixture into three equal parts and put it in the previously greased and floured molds. Bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Then we put them to cool completely on a cooling rack.

To make the frosting:

Beat together the cream cheese and butter until the mixture is light, fluffy, and golden yellow. Then add the vanilla and gradually, little by little, add the powdered sugar, beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.

We put the loaves on a plate, and between each loaf, we put frosting as filling, we arrange them so that the layers are well aligned, and we put frosting on the top and the sides and sprinkle the top after placing frosting, with walnuts. We put the golden coconut and some walnuts, and thus we finish decorating our Italian cream cake.

To make the buttermilk:

Ingredients:

1 cup milk
just a question for out Italian frinds, how in the world did your ancestors stay slim, wow look at all that sugar for one thing. but it looks so delicious!4 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice.

Preparation:

It is effortless to prepare. We only add the lemon juice to the milk and stir with a spoon until it is well integrated and rest for approximately 10 to 15 minutes until it takes a consistency where the milk looks like cut, with tiny granules. This mixture is the buttermilk that can last up to a week, refrigerated adequately covered.

Note:

To brown the coconut, we do it in a frying pan with little butter; when the butter melts, we put the coconut, and we move it constantly so that it does not stick and it browns uniformly.

a question for our Italian friends. how in the world did your ancestors stay slim? and look at that sugar! my goodness but it looks soooo good.

1 Like

lets get back on our diet!!!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

heres desseert
Want to “take the cake” in summer without lighting your oven? Our luscious Banana Pudding Freezer Cake, will melt their hearts. Packing all the tastes of comforting banana pudding with the texture of ice cream, you can’t go wrong!

What You’ll Need

• 1 (4-serving-size) package instant vanilla pudding, prepared according to package directions
  • 3 large bananas, peeled and sliced
  • 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
  • 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted

What to Do

1. Line a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, with ends extending over sides of pan.
  2. Stir banana slices and 2 cups whipped topping into prepared pudding mixture. Spoon into prepared pan.
  3. In a medium bowl, combined crushed cookies and butter; mix well. Sprinkle over pudding mixture and gently pressed down. Cover with ends of plastic wrap.
  4. Freeze 8 hours or until firm. Invert dessert onto serving platter, remove pan and plastic wrap. Cover with remaining whipped topping and serve.

Notes

Garnish with extra banana slices and wafer cookies.

:sandwich::poultry_leg::sandwich:☆─(◠‿・) click to watch video!
Screenshot_20220802-150844_YouTubeScreenshot_20220802-180924_YouTube

1 Like

man that looks good!! any chance you got the nutrition? well I gotta watch it, due to diabetes.

1 Like

One Plantain nutrition, she used four.
One Chicken breast nutrition, she used three.
The label of each sauce has their nutrition.
Screenshot_20220802-184819_Google Screenshot_20220802-185054_Google

1 Like

awesome!!, thanks for that, just might try it!!

1 Like

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fvideo.birdenindir.com%2Fawesome-birthday-cake-decoration-compilation-part-421-

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

1 Like
1 Like

It’s too much there, oh the calories…

I made a preserve with Italian plums, I used the pectin supplement in order to use 1/2 of recommended amount of sugar and it also helps with less cooking time, long cooking time removed all the good things… or downsizes it a lot. In fact Italian plums have already a lot of pectin… it gelled really quickly and tastes heavenly :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A month ago I made blackberries preserve, hmmm yummy and the wonderberries even with added pectin did not gel at all, just a sauce… (my son’s experiment in growing those, because the preserve is supposedly really tasty :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

I stumbled over this funny cook, I’m not fan of SPAM (food) but his ways of cooking are entertaining and creative!!! :yum:

2 Likes