Do you cook?

Yum, taiyaki. I make them at home too.
There is a texture and taste difference. Adzuki beans are smaller, but I think that you won’t notice the texture difference that much if you blend it into a paste. Also, adzuki beans are sweeter. Instead of buying the canned version, you can make anko yourself if you can buy adzuki beans. I usually make a big batch a freeze it / keep it in the fridge. It never lasts long in my house :laughing:

2 Likes

I was kidding about the Cajun red beans Those are savory not sweet. :laughing:

3 Likes

Making Sour Cream Banana Bread Right Now!:crazy_face:

2 Likes

and where is MY piece???

2 Likes

I’ll mail it to you???

Now Making Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana Soup, hot Italian sausage, potatoes & kale with cream soup

3 Likes

BE CAREFUL about mailing breads! :rofl:

My mom moved down to my #3 sister’s place near Dallas after my dad passed. She frequently complained that they DO NOT know how to make decent bread in Texas. So, I sent my mom a few loaves of fresh SF Sour Dough (The original from the wharf) overnite! She froze it for later use, then she took out a frozen loaf, and decided to mail it to my sister’s kid via regular mail. (cuz it was cheaper) Well. It thawed in the humidity and it uh… yea. spoiled.

My nephew wondered why gramma sent him a bread-shaped petri dish. :nauseated_face::joy:

2 Likes

Homemade Garlic Knots

prep 30 mins

cook 20 mins

inactive 2 hours

total 2 hours, 50 mins

author ashley manila

yield 16 large garlic knots

Homemade garlic knots made with simple, everyday ingredients! Delicious on their own, or dipped in zesty marinara sauce.

Ingredients

For the dough:

• 3 and 3/4 cups bread flour
  • 1 and 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
  • 1 envelope active dry yeast
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 1/2 cups warm water, 110 - 115 degrees (F)
  • 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided

For the garlic coating:

• 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Instructions

For the dough:

1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook add the bread flour, sugar, yeast and salt; gently whisk to combine. Turn mixer on low speed and add the warm water and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil; beat until the dough forms a ball around the hook. If the dough is super sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a 1. the olive oil; beat until the dough forms a ball around the hook. If the dough is super sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
  2. Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and place the bowl in a warm area to rise for 90 minutes, or until it has doubled in size.
  3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Place each round of dough onto a piece plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes. Dust the top of each round of dough with a light sprinkling of flour and, using a sharp knife, slice each into quarters. Press each quarter into a rectangle, then slice in half again. You should have 16 pieces of dough. Dust each piece with a little flour and quickly shape into individual balls. Roll out each ball into a long rope then tie it into a knot. Place the knots on the prepared baking sheet, covered loosely with plastic wrap, and set aside for 30 minutes.The knots will rise a little more during this time.
  4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F). When the 30 minutes are up, remove the plastic wrap and place the garlic knots in the preheated oven. Bake for 20 minutes, or until knots are golden brown and firm.
  5. Cool for 5 minutes, then brush the freshly baked knots with the garlic coating. Sprinkle with cheese and serve warm!

For the garlic coating:

1. Melt the butter in a small pan over medium-low heat. Add in the garlic and simmer for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant (be sure not to over cook it here). Add in the parsley and garlic salt and stir to combine. Taste to season (add more salt, if needed), then remove from heat. Set aside until needed.

Notes

For darker and more flavorful garlic knots, brush garlic coating on knots before and after baking.

4 Likes

IT’S WHAT’S FOR DESSERT! ❤ Best Carrot Cake Ever!

Ingredients :

° 6 cups grated carrots

° 1 cup brown sugar

° 1 cup raisins

° 4 eggs

° 1 cup white sugar

° 1 cup vegetable oil

° 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

° 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained well

° 3 cups all-purpose flour

° 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

° 1 teaspoon salt

° 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon

° 1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions :

In a bowl, mix grated carrots & brown sugar. next stirring in raisins.

Preheated oven 350F. Greased & flour two 11 inch cake pans.

In a big bowl, whisk eggs until lightly . Progressively whisk in white sugar, oil & vanilla. Stirring in pineapple. Blend flour, baking soda, salt & cinnamon, stir to wet blending until absorb . Finally stirring in carrot mixture & walnuts. Pour equally to prepared pans.

Baking 46 to 50 min, until cake tests well done with a tooth pick. Cooled for 11 minutes before taking from pan. While totally cooled, Then spreading layers with cream cheese frosting.

May be an image of dessert

4 Likes

I made snickerdoodle cobbler and Thai Chicken Peanut lettuce wraps! Yum!

3 Likes

You guys are making me hungry! … And they won’t let me eat till later… :hospital:

2 Likes

AW, get better! I can post pictures of your favorite guys just give me a list!

2 Likes

Lol. Looks over her shoulder to see if her hubby’s ghost is sitting in the chair… Hears, ‘Whatcha doin’?
Dang! He’s watching me and laughing! Foiled again! :innocent:

Blurs it so he can’t see… Gong Yoo, Park Seongwha, Marc Chao, Xu Kaicheng… There are others. Just can’t think of them right now…

Rats! He reminds me that you can’t hide from ghosties! :trident: :grimacing: :laughing:

1 Like

Ok go over to the Hottie Posse thread and I will put some photos for you!

2 Likes

YUM! Just made a MEAN bowl of beans with rice! (And I did put gochujang in it! It’s so good!)

My beans aren’t just boiled beans. It’s that 15 bean - ham bean stuff but I never use their flavor packet. I toss in garlic, onions, green anaheim chilis. a couple of cans of chopped tomatoes, oregano, basil, rosemary, bay leaf… about a heaping tablespoon of Gochujang - thin that out before adding it to the beans. Toss in some smoked hocks or bacon or whatever… boil that till the meat and beans are tender.

They are sooo good! My problem is keeping it to just a bowl and not overeating. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

does volcano cooking count??

tthanks porkypine!!

1 Like

Well yea! Of course! Free oven!

I have no idea where to post this article on the Kimchi feud so, I stuck it here.

2 Likes

gotta find out !! I got to find my Korean lady, I keep forgeting her name, I learned how toi make Kimchi on her video. which its been a few years, and I understand its good for you too

Mary @frustratedwriter the lady’s name or her channel and blog is Maangchi, she started around 10 years ago and had a very simple blog page, I do remember so well, because it was the first page I used to make Kimchi, google didn’t have that much selection. I later bought the book and CD from a travel doc the Kimchi Chronicles, I think it ran on PBP TV :wink:

Watch the series, it is all about Korea and food and cooking with stars, it’s really entertaining and you get to see parts of Korea :wink:

2 Likes

Yes! Yes! Yes! Maangchi!!! thank you! now I will definately go to that channel and watch again! wow ten years ago?

that does sound awesome, I will check that out too kimchi chronicles