ok one more
1/4th of recipe: 184 calories, 6g total fat (3.5g sat fat), 595mg sodium, 9.5g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 21.5g protein
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Cool: 5 minutes
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup light/reduced-fat cream cheese
2 1/2 cups (about 20 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
Optional toppings: chopped scallions, salsa
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
Spray Instant Pot with nonstick spray. Press Sauté, and add bell pepper and onion. Cook and stir until mostly softened, about 5 minutes.
Press Keep Warm/Cancel to turn off the Instant Pot.
Transfer veggies to a medium bowl. Add cream cheese, and stir until evenly coated. Add egg and seasonings. Mix well.
Generously respray Instant Pot. Evenly distribute veggie-egg mixture. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Seal with lid, and manually set for 15 minutes.
Once cooked, press Keep Warm/Cancel. Let sit for 5 minutes. Vent to release any remaining steam.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
How to Make Dr. Axe’s Immune Supporting Bowl
Meal Type: Soups, Dinners
Diet Type: Gluten-free, Keto, Low-carb, Paleo
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 cups chicken bone broth (or 8 scoops Bone Broth Protein or Multi Collagen Protein mixed with 8 cups water)
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and chopped
- 2 cups chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup white miso paste (chickpea or soybean)
- 3 cups stemmed and chopped kale
- Heat the coconut oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and chicken thighs and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, cauliflower, mushrooms and miso. Bring to a boil then turn the heat to medium-low.
- Stir in kale. Cover the pot and let the soup simmer for 25 minutes, until the cauliflower is cooked through.
Dr. Axe’s Immune Supporting Bowl Recipe
Posted on February 10, 2021 in All
The following is an adapted excerpt from Dr. Josh Axe’s new book Ancient Remedies.
Maybe it’s cold outside, and you’re looking for a nourishing, immune-supporting soup? Look no further than my very own Dr. Axe’s Immune Supporting Bowl, which is chockfull of nutrient powerhouse ingredients like shiitake mushrooms, kale and cauliflower.
- Serving Size: one 12 oz. bowl
- Calories: 382
- Total Carbohydrates: 6.7g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Total Fat: 21.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7g
- Protein: 40.9g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Potassium: 683mg (15% DV*)
- Sodium: 595mg (34% DV*)
- Vitamin A: 696 IU (30% DV*)
- Vitamin C: 24.2mg (32% DV*)
*Percentages are based on a diet of 2000 calories a day.
this is very good and esp for those cold nights or days