Do you cook?

I’m doing this project :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ohhh… I grew up eating hot food. :slight_smile: My taste buds got burned off long ago. :grin:

One time, mom cooked chili verde and left it on the stove. I came in hungry - it looked so good! and grabbed a bowl, as soon as I took one bite she came in telling me, “No! Don’t eat that! I was mad at the viejo and put every chili in the house in there!” Right about that time, the heat slammed me! YIKES! Steam shot out my ears! :fire: :fire_engine: :fire_extinguisher: :firecracker: :fire: :fire: :rofl: Man that was HOT! :rofl:

Poor dad, he came home from work hungry, mom slapped the plate down and walked away. He took one bite and said, “G*&&*D@MN!t vieja! I told you don’t put too much chili in the food!”

I felt sorry for him because I knew how hot that was and he was so hungry. Such a waste of delicious chili verde too. He ate it though. Usually, we just had rice and beans.

I like my hot food to also have good flavor, not just hot. I am not a fan of tabasco - it’s doesn’t really add flavor, just heat (and vinegar?) I do like siracha but only on certain types of food.

I liker chili verdes more that chili colorados. but I mainly eat fish or chicken and when I eat beef, I go to 고추장 (gochujang) or horseradish depending on how I cooked it.

My liking of hot food is probably why I like 고추장 so much. It actually gives things a richer?/broader?/savory? taste along with the heat. Maybe that’s called umami?

4 Likes

image don’t know if any of these are in the different countries, but thought I would still share

2 Likes

Oo I love greens! Don’t know how to cook them but I do like them.

2 Likes

It depends on the green how to cook them (blanching is my go-to or just eat them raw :slight_smile:). Some greens needs to be cooked longer than others.

2 Likes

a slow boil or,steam, good in crock pot

1 Like

how about this?

collard greens - cooked up with ham hocks or something. It’s a dish from the south. Let me google it…

Here you go! Now I have a recipe!

3 Likes

anyone got a good recipe for asparagas?

and I got some collards, may just fix some today! here in the south, some add a bit of hot pepper and a pinch of sugar, the pork also

Ooo Asparagus. Simple and very tasty recipe.

Brush them with olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper. Grill them just until they are lightly cooked and bright green. Serve with whatever you want.

OR, another simple recipe.

Stir fry them.

Heat your wok
add oil and garlic and onions - remove them when translucent
slice the asparagus on the angle about 1-1/2 inch pieces. Put the asparagus in the pan and cook until they just turn bright green and remove.
add thin slices of beef/ chicken or whatever you like and cook just until no longer red, If the wok has a lot of water, boil that down before adding the rest of the ingredients back in.
put the onions, garlic and asparagus back in and cook together until hot, stirring frequently.

Add uhmmmm maybe 2? tablespoons of Oyster sauce. ( I don’t measure, I just eyeball it.)

The reason for cooking all the components separately is so that they don’t get overcooked. If you cook them all together, from the beginning, it will be too watery and by the time the meat is cooked, the asparagus will be overcooked and mushy.

I am a gochujang lover but I didn’t add it in this one. :rofl: Oyster sauce is not a spicy dish. You can also cook it with broccoli or any other veggies.

You can also make a thickener with corn starch, water, mirin, and oyster sauce. and yes, It’s made with oysters. Yum!

oystersauce

1 Like

I will give ,it a try!!

1 Like

Thanks for the recipe :blush:

They don’t sell collard greens here though (I had to look up if they had that here, but they don’t. It’s similar to ‘boerenkool’ or (farmer’s) kale, but not exactly the same thing.

1 Like

I made once kale chips, I thought it’s a healthy snack and it is, but somehow I found it too elaborate also with the seasoning and making it bite size, but the chips were so good and didn’t last very long, this video looks so easy, make your own veggie chips!!!

2 Likes

have you tried sweet potato chips? really good. and a good snack for binge watching, I added cinnamon to mine, a bit of sugar too.

2 Likes

how about this? something funny for us chefs, and cooks

1 Like

anyone for lunch?? has anyone eaten them?

think they would be better than “road kill”

1 Like

I’ve had both duck and alligator. Duck is delicious :blush:
Alligator isn’t bad, but didn’t care for it that much.

2 Likes

frog legs I did try.

2 Likes

how about a good meat loaf recipe?

2 Likes

this is high in sugar but an occasional dumpling is worth it!

Happy Mothers Day

Facebook38x38 Pinterest38x38 Twitter38x38 Subscribe38x38
If the mom in your life doesn’t like a huge fuss being made over her, but you know she still appreciates a little treat, here’s a perfect mini cake you can put together just for her. And if that mom is YOU, go ahead and treat yourself…
Hungry girl's healthy very vanilla mug cake recipe
Very Vanilla Mug Cake Print
Entire recipe: 170 calories, 2g total fat (0.5g sat fat), 304mg sodium, 35.5g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 20g sugars, 2g protein

Green Plan SmartPoints ® value 8*
Blue Plan (Freestyle) SmartPoints ® value 8*
Purple Plan SmartPoints ® value 8*

Click to see how it’s made!

Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
Cool: 10 minutes

More: Dessert Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Single Serving, 5 Ingredients or Less, 30 Minutes or Less

Ingredients:

1/4 cup yellow cake mix
2 tbsp. fat-free vanilla yogurt
Optional topping: sprinkles

Directions:

In a microwave-safe mug sprayed with nonstick spray, combine cake mix with yogurt. Add 2 tbsp. water, and mix until uniform.

Microwave for 2 minutes, or until set. Let cool and set for 5–10 minutes.

MAKES 1 SERVING

an d what are you fixing for a meal for Mothers dy?

Hungry Girl

www.hungry-girl.com

Visit site

wheres the duck eggs when we need them?

1 Like