Do you cook?

Ok I keep forgetting to put some of my spicy recipes on here:
My Enchiladas - Ok I don’t like corn tortillas so these use flour!
Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile
2 cups cooked chicken (I do a WHOLE chicken in the instant pot so you chicken & broth left over)
1 cup sour cream (I use light)
7 oz of REAL green chile from New Mexico (ok you might have to use canned :nauseated_face:)
1 cup chopped onion (I don’t use)
2 tbsp butter (I still add the butter though)
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups shredded cheese (a mexi mix or use Monterey Jack)
10 Flour Tortillas (I use the extra large but you could use large) I like La Banderita brand
2 cans green enchilada sauce (Las Palmas)
combine chicken, sour cream and green chile. Set aside. Saute onions, add onions, salt, and 2 cups cheese to chicken mixture. Dip tortillas in enchilada sauce to soften. Assemble in 2 pans. 350 for 20 min.

Ok I call this green chile sauce but in New Mexico my friends get so mad you just say Green Chile
This goes on top of the enchiladas
2 tbsp lard
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup minced onion
1 tbsp flour
1 cup water
1 cup diced green chile (new mexico hatch green chile if you can)
salt to taste
In heavy sauce pan, sauté garlic and onion in lard. Blend flour with wooden spoon. Add water & chile. Bring to boil and simmer - 5 min - stir until thickened
This is excellent over breakfast burritos this sauce also

1 Like

I have one! I will one sec

Wrapping that sucker in bacon makes all the difference. I also put potatoes and carrots and onions around it on the lined pan. Then take evp milk and make gravy at end of the cook time. My mom used to do that - then I also make rice to go with the vegetables

2 Likes

how about sharing it?? Kdrama!!

I love good GATOR you have to find someone who cooks it correctly. It gets tough if you don’t
I love calamari but duck is not my fav.

2 Likes

I just love to cook. I started with a couple of simple dishes and I ended loving it. But I guess that it’s something about preferences.
Now you can do whatever you want in an air fryer and it’s really easy.

3 Likes

I love my air fryer.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I made yesterday Banana Bread :star_struck:
I don’t it always comes different after baking, yes I probably don’t use same recipe, but the ingredients are always almost the same… except perhaps what flour you use.

Anyway, I stumbled over information what mistakes you can make when preparing banana bread :wink: I know in past I had a rubbery bread once or twice…

I used this recipe, except for small adjustments, I also did 50:50 wheat and Dinkel flour:

How do you bake your Banana Bread?

3 Likes

baked%20chimichangas
Oh I never make chimichangas because they are fried - I don’t eat or cook fried food. Especially in the house because I hate that smell. So I have an air fryer.

These got crispy in the oven with olive oil brushed on them.

3 Likes

This cake is SO good but use Pecans instead! It makes this buttery yummy crunchy top! And cake mixes shrunk did you know that.? You need a 18.5 oz box so I just buy 2 boxes and add. Yes, they shrunk.

Also my Poppyseed Chicken is my go 2 casserole to take to sick or needy friends!

1 large can of cream of chicken soup 26 oz
1 16 oz sour cream I use light
4 cups chicken (I make whole in the instant pot and make my own broth for this to make the rice in)
Approx 3 cups of cooked rice (make the rice in the yummy broth)
Mix together in 13 x 9

Topping - Add before baking - sprinkle on top
Melt 1 stick butter, Crush 1 1/2 tubes Ritz crackers. Mix cracker crumbs with butter. Add Tbsp poppyseeds - Put on Top casserole - Bake 350 for 30 min.
I just double the rice etc to make 2 casseroles cuz I usually have enough chicken.
One to take one to keep and EVERYONE loves it.
Southern Comfort Food

It looks delicious.

1 Like

would love to try the banana walnut crunch cake

yeah even the chicken sounds good!

2 Likes

My recipes aren’t so fancy, but I really love to cook. I mean my cakes always look kind of ugly hahaha.
I can cook a lot of delicious salty food, but desserts are not my thing.
They literally hate me :sweat:

2 Likes

they don’t have to be fancy, those cakes I usually put on here, those are professionals, we lower people just make cakes & cupcakes & put icing on them, nothing fancy! hehehehe

2 Likes

I have to try!!

1 Like

You can make that banana crunch cake - EASY PEASY you can do it!

That casserole is a big hit no matter how many times I take it to people everyone loves it and it is good the next day also

2 Likes

I’ll try it, it looks yummy :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Making these right now - so GOOD & watching DOOM

2 Likes

yummy, I have to try it!

2 Likes

Making this right now - I use Better Than Bouillon and I do the stock in the Instant Pot

1 Like