Do you cook?

I made a salad today for the first time :joy::partying_face: of course not for the first time, but this one salad for the first time…

Watermelon with feta cheese mint leaves and a dressing with honey, chili powder, a little olive oil and a little mixed with melon water :star_struck: actually the whole thing was really tasty :yum::yum: I just have to work on the dressing a little, the whole thing was quite spicy :hot_face:

4 Likes

I haven’t tried this one in a while, but cucumber salad is also a southern delecacy. sliced cucumbers, some onion, some spices, some vinegar, a tomato. I am saying some, its to your taste, just have to work with it to your taste. really good after chilled

1 Like

Seen these trendy iterations of tteokboki.
Haven’t tried these yet, since I really love to make rice cakes myself, but I will when it gets colder again :laughing:

Don’t need rice cakes for this one, only rice paper.

3 Likes

I have been wanting to make the Rose Tteokbokki!!!

2 Likes

I made veggies over rice! YUMMO!

4 Likes

Vortex Burger Sliders!

2 Likes

Just getting into this thread. I cook a ton. I used to do a lot of baking, too, but not as much lately since I’m wfh and it’s just my husband and me here. But I do a lot of Korean cooking, too, and love Maangchi, Korean Bapsang and Cecilia Hae-Jin Lee for inspiration. 20160907_205338![20150106_210706|281x500]20150624_211122_Richtone(HDR) (upload://YZqztD3lBKUYqFXI3J4OMERiIj.jpeg) 20160730_135259

3 Likes

Hmm this looks somehow tasty, what’s all in there, something with ham or bacon? Do you have a recipe :yum::yum:

1 Like

It’s extremely tasty. I’ve made traditional cheese danishes, plain and with fruit filling, and these ham and gruyere stuffed sanity danishes as well. I used the King Arthur Flour recipe as my starting point. https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/danish-pastry-recipe
I like putting pastry cream in as a filling instead of cheese, as well. Danishes freeze well, so make a double batch while you’re at it.

1 Like

Thank you, the process of the danish dough from scratch is quite elaborate and lot’s of butter :wink: I might try this one day, I also prefer doughs from scratch like pizza dough or tart dough even for appel strudel or the Swiss apple tart (Apfelwähe), I don’t use creme fraiche, but it might make the custard finer, also no jam… but it might taste more on the palate:

For the dough, there are different recipes, I use this basic one:
ca. 8 oz flour
1/2 tspoon salt
ca. 4 oz butter
6 Tblspoon water
This dough does not require kneading, I put it in a wrap and let it rest in the fridge at least 30 min. I roll it afterwards. You can also use a dough processor instead your hands.
3 Likes

I make a pizza braid something like this! So yummy! Looks so GOOD
I use pepperoni and cheese and olives in mine

2 Likes

Thanks for this recipe! If probably add a bit more spice, since that’s my style, but I love it as directed otherwise. I really like the crushed almonds–I may introduce that trick into my favorite apple pie recipe.

Yes. Butter. I do love it so. Can’t get enough.

1 Like

Yes, I also do a something like this with mozzarella and olive tapenade, but with a pizza dough instead of puff pastry. So delicious!

1 Like

Cola Roast
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 three or four pound 7 blade or chuck roast
1/4 veg oil
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can 12 oz of coke or gingerale
1 med onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves - minced
1 pkg dry spaghetti sauce mix
1/2 tsp pepper
Place flour in bowl. Add roast and roll to cover all sides. Brown in oil all sides of roast
Add roast to crock pot or slow roaster with any remaining flour. Add all other ingredients. Bring to a boil then cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Uncover to thicken gravy. Serve gravy and roast over potatoes or noodles.

I am making this on Sunday so good - have not made it in a while.

1 Like

different, but still sounds good!

1 Like

Southern Girl Comfort Food you could eat it over spaghetti noodles.

1 Like

if it wasn’t just me I would make this one, I may keep the recipe for a later use, lets see, thanks giving, Christmas? hmmmmm

1 Like

You could freeze the leftovers in portions! Just use a small 3 pound roast! Good to stuff a potato too

1 Like

now that sounds good! ok copied recipe, and will use it soon, ever try the kola cake or 7-up cake, I have wanted to try that for the longest, but just haven’t

1 Like

My grandmother and mother’s specialty was the Coca Cola Cake - I have a good version of it somewhere I’ll have to look - And yes we Southerners love the 7up Pound Cake but I make a Cream Cheese One to DIE FOR