Do you cook?

Ok I made this stew last night. It was really good. YUM!

I don’t really measure. I just look at it and throw the stuff in.

A couple of pounds of beef - rinse it off.
Brown it with a heaping tablespoon of garlic and some chopped onions
Ad water
2 cans chopped tomatoes
2 small cans tomato sauce
2 tsps oregano
big pinch of rosemary
3 huge dollops of gochuchang - thin it out with water then add to stew,
1 TBL chili flakes
boil that up till the meat is almost tender
add bag of carrots
a huge handful of dried portobello mushrooms ( or fresh)
then sliced spuds
Eat when the spuds are fork tender but not mushy.

It has a nice mild burn… but if you aren’t a chili lover. It may be too hot for you.

1 Like

Aw man! I am HUNGRY for some baked char siu bao! The closet bakery I know of is in OAKLAND, CA. meh… only about 895 miles from here. A little far to just hop on over. :laughing: (I really miss the Bay Area!)

Rats! I’m hungry! I’ll just hafta make my own then!

Char Siu - bbq pork stuffing

Baked Bao

2 Likes

ok everyone, question here, got me an air fryer. anyone use them? tell me what do you cook with them and so on

4 Likes

I’ve been curious about those too. I have not tried it yet so I don’t know what the food tastes like. But anything with less grease should theoretically be better for you… However, oils carry the flavor.

2 Likes

@frustratedwriter

The air fryer has a cookbook and a few recipes in there too. We used to make sweet potato fries cut them up like regular fries and presto. The chicken I recommend you steam it first; then add to frier bc I never liked the chewy taste like if chicken was not fully cooked.

We make a sauce called mayo ketchup for the sweet potato fries:
2 tablespoon of mayonnaise (Hellman’s preferred by me)
1 tablespoon of ketchup (I like Heinz ketchup)
A small package of any hot sauce you like
Stir well together dip the sweet potato fry in this sauce…
***The pink mayoketchup sauce is great for Hamburgers (omit/don’t add spicy packet)

My daughter cut up apple, peaches, prunes and other fruits and put it in air fryer and it was a great dry fruit snack for her she added cinnamon and a bit of brown sugar after frying.

The air fryer can catch fire so make sure you unplug it and clean well after each use. READ the instructions well.

Bon appetit! Eat in good health.

3 Likes

I like the dry fruit concept. as for the sweet potatoes, I just gotta try that one. the fryer was bought for me due to my “accident” so I am going to try these new recipes, another google thingy. oh the directions didn’t have recipes in it, just the how to stuff.

and thanks for the tip about catching fire, and yes reading directions as I go along

2 Likes

@frustratedwriter
Watch youtube about them fryers, it will be easier for you to understand. Put on search recipes for air fryer or danger of air fryers etc… a young couple almost lost their house bc they didn’t clean it properly, and this fryers are very high in temperature and grime and dirt can become a fire hazard. ENJOY your fryer!

2 Likes

well of course youtube and google too, but thanks for that warning

1 Like

I’m glad I saw it too bc I never thought since we use no oil that it could catch fire. I found the video. Watch.

4 Likes

sorry, just noticed no baking time, I went back to where I got this and they don’t have it either. so does anyone have the answer?

3 Likes

Take a tortilla butter sugar and cinnamon and air fry it so yummy.
Pizza warmed up is so GOOD in the air fryer.
Naan Bread heated up in it and have hummus with it.
Fried Pies
Tater Tots and I hate Tater Tots but they get so crisp
So much you can do with it.

1 Like

tortillia butter, sugar cinnamon sounds good & delicious.

1 Like

I found another one, but this is the banana bread not the brownie.

Ingredients

• 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1 cup sugar or Splenda
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 3 tbls milk
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Instructions

1. Mash the bananas, then add the eggs, sugar and oil.

2. Blend in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

3. Add milk and vanilla; mix well.

4. Add nuts if using.

5. Turn into greased 9x5x3 loaf pan.

6. Bake at 350 for about an hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

I really love this. very good

1 Like

so wheres the coffee??

To eat with our afternoon coffee or tea

3 Likes

I am looking for protein snack ideas!? You guys got any??

1 Like

sounds good to me!! I will check to see what I have

this is from your list
yes one of my stand bys, and I do like tuna as a snack, with crackers too

1. Peanut butter celery sticks

Celery sticks spread with 1–2 tablespoons of peanut butter make for a delicious and easy snack. They contain a decent amount of protein from the peanut butter, which provides 4 grams of protein per tablespoon (32 grams) (22).

Peanut butter and peanuts are known for helping you feel full and have been shown to promote feelings of fullness when consumed between meals (23Trusted Source, 24Trusted Source).

One study found peanut butter to be more filling than whole nuts, such as almonds or chestnuts (23Trusted Source).

Well, I found this > https://www.sweetysalado.com/en/2014/09/chocolate-chip-banana-bread.html. Not a brownie, but it does have choco chips…

Banana%20Bread%20SySPME

6 Likes

Mr. Lau cooks food that makes me so hungry just looking at the pictures!~ I love a good steamed fish!

Or eggplant with garlic sauce! YUM!

or is that an AND. :smirk: :sunglasses:

OOoo or this one! YUM! Hunan Spicy fried pork with peppers. :fire_extinguisher::firecracker: Serve with rice and a fire extinguisher!. :firecracker: :fire_extinguisher:

Oooo Pork fried with ginger and garlic , soysauce, oyster sauce. tempeh add cooking wine and a whole bunch of other flavors… Put aside-clean the pan and heat the peppers up with salt till scorched. add some of the pork oil - stir it a bit - then put the pork in.- heat it up.- This would make even me tear up! DELICIOUS! (My taste buds are now burned off. ) :smirk: :rofl: :fire_extinguisher: :firecracker:

Oh! Warning to those of you who’ve never scorched chilis. Watch out for the hot vapors coming off your wok. They can make you choke up if you aren’t used to chilis.

3 Likes

oh my goodness more recipes to try!!!

2 Likes