Do you cook?

after we have had our sweets, maybe later fruit!!

I forgot the salad

Ingredients:

• 3 medium Tomatoes.

• 4 small Cucumbers cut into thin round slices – 4

• 2 medium Chopped green onions.

TO MAKE THE MARINATE, YOU’LL NEED:

• 1/4 Cup.Of extra virgin Olive oil.

• 2 large spoons.Of Lemon juice.

• Salt.

• Black pepper.

FOR GARNISH, I USED :

A large spoon.Of Oregano.

Instructions:

Step 1:

The first thing I started with, Is preparing the vegetable; I sliced tomatoes into very thin wedges, and I also cut the cucumbers into slices, and I chopped 2 green onions, medium-sized into very small pieces.

Step 2:

After that, In a small bowl, I blended together with one part olive oil, one part lemon juice, salt, and ground black pepper.

Step 3:

Then, I choose a serving dish and I put in the sliced fresh tomato and chopped onion, then I added on top of them the sliced cucumber.

Step 4:

And finally, I poured the lemon dressing over the salad, and for garnish, I used dried oregano before serving

2 Likes

Yes. Cooking is one of my favorite things to do during my spare time. Watching cooking videos, reading different blogs, and then putting them altogether when cooking is fun once you start practicing. It’ll be hard at first and mistakes will be made, but eventually eating your own creation is a lot more fulfilling than going out to eat.

Don’t get me wrong though. Eating out is fun too.

4 Likes

y’know, I think I will get back into cooking, that will get me out of that depressive mood!!

I do love watching those cooking shows, the videos and all

2 Likes

The smell alone can be very therapeutic, at least for me.
Hmm the smell of brad baking in the oven :blush:

3 Likes

bread, cookies, and everything in between!

2 Likes

1 Like

any cookie recipes around to share?? or do I just google it, do pinterest , or all free cooking?

1 Like

I love using the recipes from (in random order):

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/category/desserts/cookies/

Sally has great recipes :yum:

I also love Rebecca’s recipes. I even have her book, but the ones she has on her blog are great too :smile:.

Stella has great recipes for “American classics” :blush:

If I can add one more person, it’d have to be Claire :relaxed:

1 Like

OMG< another one!!!

3 Likes

2 Likes

a cake??

3 Likes

I have been making this today!

I do add after the broth - 1 packet of onion mushroom powder soup mix and 1/4 cup pepperoncini juice with as many sliced pepperoncinis that you would like!

If you guys want more instant pot recipes - and want some of my New Mexico Hot Recipes let me know I can’t remember what I have posted - like my enchiladas are the bomb diggity!

1 Like

I always cook this roast for Christmas

And you have to use Brianna’s Honey Mustard Dressing to make the sauce! OH SO YUMMY!

1 Like

mmmmmm sounds good!!!

1 Like

well looks like I am going to do a bunch of cooking for my “surprise guests??!!” heheh, cookies, cake, baked turkey, mashed potatoes , gravey, green beans, fried okra, wow gonna be kinda busy??!!

1 Like

amazing!!!

this is the person that created this

Cake Recipes 101

Desire Coetzee · Y19Sesoter1d009ma2yo artt6 15:l4ed4tl0 AM ·

Hello My Fellow Bakers …

Just Wanna Show you Guys my Lastest creation…

The Theme was Hippy🌼”…

My Cake Filling: Chocolate & Coffee Flavours…

3 Likes

With the winter season we have also winter season fruits in stores like clementines, mandarins, tangerines and of course persimmons :tangerine:. There are two varieties of this fruit (persimmon), the soft ones and the hard ones I believe called Fuyu… I prefer the soft ones to eat as they are sweet and have a developed flavor, the hard ones if they aren’t ripe can be very astringent…

If you ever watched Korean dramas, people offer dried persimmons which is considered a delicacy and it seems it’s also pricey! I’ve seen in a drama a persimmon festival where these orangey fruits are hanging on a string, so today I wanted to know how are they dried.
There are also different ways to dehydrate them, this is a Japanese style of dehydrating. You can checkout more YT videos :wink:
The very first time I see a fruit to be massaged in order to dehydrate well :rofl:

2 Likes

I made hoshigaki last year and I just got a box of persimmons again. Most of them are too ripe to make hoshigaki with, but I’ll see if there are any I can dry.

Massaging them is fun :smile:

Never done it with alcohol before though :open_mouth:

And you can also dry the peel that you took off and when you store the dried persimmons, put them in a jar with the dried peels on the bottom and on top, if you are planning to keep them for a while. I’ve seen some people do that. It’ll develop more crystalized sugar on the outside, but that happens anyways if you store it for longer times :woman_shrugging: .

2 Likes

I saw another video, the man said some people dip it in hot water (once) or the alcohol likely to kill off bacteria, but he doesn’t do it and they come out well. He showed the sugar crystallization on the persimmon, which looked like powdered sugar.

I’m very surprised you make these, I didn’t think it’s common in Europe, I thought of these since I’ve seen so many in stores and they are expensive, some 95 Swiss Cents or 0.90 Euro a piece!! :open_mouth:

Thanks for the tips, I will buy them this year as I’m curious how they taste dehydrated, so far I only dehydrated Reishi mushrooms and apple slices, fond memories when my grandmother made these for me :heart_eyes:

1 Like
WOULD YOU EAT THIS Fruit Salad?YAY or NAY ?

INGREDIENTS:

1 can(s)pineapple chunks, in their own juice

1 can(s)mandarin oranges, drained

1 bunchgreen grapes, halved

FULL RECIPE: [http://grandmas-recipes.erints.com/.../Best%20fruit…](https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgrandmas-

AccueilBest fruit saladBest fruit salad

Best fruit salad

“This fruit salad is delicious to cool off. It’s succulent. Your turn now!”

• Ingredients :

°2 oranges

°1 teaspoon cinnamon

°2 bags of vanilla sugar

°1 half pineapple

°4 kiwis

°1 mango

°1 lemon

Preparation:

Step 1

Peel the pineapple on a large scale, and cut it into medium-sized cubes. Then do the same with the orange. Then peel the kiwi and cut into thinner cubes. Do the same with the mango by removing the pit.

The second step

Put all of this fruit in a salad bowl. Squeeze the lemon and add it to the fruit.

Step 3

Finally, add the vanilla sugar and cinnamon. Then permit it for an 1 h in refrigerator.

Step 4

Once out of the fridge, put the salad in the ramekins. For garnish, you can put a cinnamon stick or fresh mint leaves. Reward yourself!

not really sure of this one…

doesn’t have the strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, and I don’t think sugar should be added, whipped cream for topping maybe

2 Likes