Do you cook?

heres another, at first thought it was a crocheted cap

and how these people do it!

2 Likes

Cake Recipes 101

Susan Negley · 9Sp1t032hcco35ns80orihf ·

Made this cake today for my grandson. Not to shabby for one handed. I had shoulder surgery 2 and a half weeks ago on my dominant arm. Please no negative comments. I give my self enough of negativity about it.

1 Like

2 Likes

I cooked last Sunday fish chowder, my good friend used to make a good one and gave me a recipe but I don’t know where I put it so I googled one I liked. I used bacon and some other type of fish (white fish) I found on sale but with skin and bones, so I had extra work of skinning and deboning the fish, hmmm it was so tasty and just right for winter a hearty soup, I shared with my son too.

I used this recipe but improvised a bit, I didn’t have clam juice, I used just a veggie stock and I added carrots and canned corn, I didn’t have cream so I added flour mixed with milk to thicken the soup, but the bacon def makes the soup savory!!

1 Like

oh gosh, that sounds so good! I think I am going to make myself some today, got a can of salmon and the other ingredients, yum!!

that or salmon cakes

1 Like

Never had one, know only crab cakes that I had in Maine once :yum:

1 Like

3 INGREDIENT APPLE CAKE - Don’t Lose This

Ingredients

1 box Spice Cake Mix

20 oz Apple Pie Filling

4 Eggs

1 cup softened Butter

3 cup Powdered Sugar

1/2 cup Brown Sugar

1 tsp Cinnamon

2 tbsp Milk

1 tsp Vanilla

Instructions

Preheat oven 350.

Grease 9x13" cake pan.

Beat together cake mix, pie filling and eggs until well blended (there will still be chunks of apple).

Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Allow to cool completely.

Whip butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla for until fluffy.

Gradually add powdered sugar.

Add milk until you reach desired consistency .

Spread frosting over cake .

#easyrecipeschallenge
#icancookchallenge

May be an image of dessert and text that says '3 Ingredient Gpple Cake (With Brown Sugar Cinnamon Frosting)'

simi, just substitute the crab with salmon

1 Like

uhoh I forgot something, ever hear of snowman soup? well here it is

pack of your favorite chocolate mix
mini marshmallows
candy cane

When the weather outside is frightful

snowman soup can be delightful, may it warm your spirit and soul. When you feel a chill, use the candy cane to stir. add hot water, and sip it slow
Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

Y’all have a great day

P/s great for stocking stuffer, secret santa etc…

heres another one

awesome cake!!

awesome details!!

*ingredients :

+for stovetop cooking

°Cauliflower, cut into thick slices -1

°Oil or butter for cooking - 2 tbsp. soup

°Curry powder -1 tbsp. Tea

°salt to taste

+For cooking in the oven

°Cooking oil as desired

°Curry powder -1 tbsp. Tea

°salt to taste

• Preparation

for stovetop cooking

In a frying pan, heat a little oil over medium-high heat.

Cook the cauliflower steak until browned, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Add curry powder and salt to taste. Serve crunchy with fish, pork, or poultry.

Served with tomato, olive and labneh sauce.

For cooking in the oven

Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

Season the oil with curry and salt and place on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until nicely browned with a crunchy texture.

Enjoy !

1 Like

As I made Kimchi yesterday I saw another interesting recipe with the Daikon radish, maangchi makes 2 versions I will try to make perhaps next month. This radish soup could be something tasty in summer like you eat gazpacho that is cold served.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I read an interesting receipe in the Du Chinese app called 拔丝红薯 (candied sweet potato) Does anyone have experience making this? The article did explain how to make it, but not how much I should use from each ingredient. It seems easy to make with only four ingredients, I just don’t want to mess it up.

2 Likes

I found this on YT. Seems to match the story.

2 Likes

Bacon wrapped Meatloaf with cheese stuffed in the middle - carrots and onion! Mashed potatoes on the side.

2 Likes

candied sweet potatoes are delicious, havent had the candy version in quite some time though

2 Likes

So I finished the dehydrated persimmons, they look wrinkled and kinda like shrunken heads :rofl: I cut slices and it has a taste something like figues and dates and then some other taste, it’s sweet not overly too sweet and chewy. Is this how it’s supposed to be. Mines didn’t have this much sugar coating but looked like these.

I found more persimmons now on sale again and wonder if I should make them again and yes massaging is really funny :joy:

Did you know persimmons have a high amount of lutein which helps vision and aging eyes.

3 Likes

Yup, pretty much :blush:. Sweet, but not too sweet. Chewy and vaguely like dates :smile:.
They might get more sugar coating the “older” they get.

This is how the addiction starts :rofl:. I know some chefs who do the same thing with kiwi’s "(hoshigaki) and other fruits. I haven’t had the chance to yet, but it looked very interesting :blush:

2 Likes

if thats the finished product, then I have eaten them sometime in my life, and I do recall they were good, sweet too. and they have something I need in my “older” age, lutein, so I do plan to do some research and find some here in the south, I am certain they are here somewhere,

1 Like

You would have to eat them daily, I’m not sure about the lutein content when they are dry… would need to research… but I also take lutein capsules there are 20 and 40 mg I got at Walmart… It would probably make more sense to take the supplements as you get the high amount readily available… the ones I know are plant based capsules…

1 Like

you are so right!! walmart it is then

1 Like