Do you cook?

the milk with sugar is a “malted milk” concoction. Yeah, I used to have it with the frehs milk years ago! add cinnamon to it and what a flavor! unpasturized, the youbg’uns just don’t knjow what they are missing!
I will look at the video in a bit

Simi11 just finished watching oh my goodness!

2 Likes

You don’t need to buy kimchee - just invite Jo Eun-Seob for a meal. (Woo Do Hwan from The King-Eternal Monarch) He’ll have a bag of Kimchee in his pocket. :rofl:

This recipe is really easy to make and tastes great!

4 Likes

I lost his number … Could you ask him to call me? :joy:

3 Likes

I cook a bit at home (mostly for myself and my sister) but I have no portion control so I always put way too much food which I end up eating anyway :wink:
Most of the time I cook egg fried rice/pasta or simple meals but I made strawberry tarts recently and they were so nice.

Also try putting condensed milk in tea instead of normal milk and sugar, you won’t be disappointed.

3 Likes

this dish must taste good! I made actually Kimchi yesterday because I found very nice and cheap Chinese cabbage, with a little leftover of the chili paste with veggies I mixed cucumbers… it’s so good :heart_eyes: (but was lengthy work, the rinsing of the salted cabbage takes time)

6 Likes

I’ve never tried kimchi but then again I’m not a lover of spicy food :frowning:

1 Like

Did you add the cucumbers to the kimchi? If so, may I ask which kind of cucumber? I’m planning on making kimchi today, and since I don’t have daikon or korean radish on hand, I wanted to add another vegetable besides carrots and green onions.

1 Like

Are you British? :wink: Edit: I read you were Russian somewhere else, so I was wrong :rofl:

I’ve grown up with condensed milk and putting it in tea was my jam (or just honey). But I started drinking better quality tea since it became my hobby (which doesn’t need sugar, milk or honey), so i don’t add condensed milk or milk / heavy cream unless I’m making boba tea :blush:

By the way, this time of the year strawberries and rhubarb are in season, so time to make some yummy things with those. Already made strawberry mochi :smile:

4 Likes

I also really love honey tea. I live in the UK so I drink my tea with milk unless it’s fruit tea :relieved:

I find that normal tea is a bit too strong for my taste so the milk helps reduce the strength of it.

2 Likes

Haha yes, I associate milk in tea with the UK :rofl:
Ever try loose leaf tea? You can make it as strong or weak as you want.

3 Likes

I haven’t tried it yet. I’ll try get some soon though, my favourite types of tea are berry tea and chai tea.

3 Likes

Oh, I do love me a good chai tea :smile:

Tea is also great for making cookies. I’ve made cookies infused with tea once, but I want to try it again. And tea-infused creams are also great.

3 Likes

I used the recipe from maangchi, but I didn’t have the small cukes, so I just cut up the large European cuke in quarters and added the paste. If you don’t find daikon radish you could probably try with red radish, I added a pear but didn’t have asian pear just regular pear. (that refers to the regular kimchi recipe) https://www.wnyc.org/story/recipe-maangchis-napa-cabbage-kimchi/

another version here:

there is also just spring onions kimchi wraps online, I saw it first in the Kimchi Family drama :wink:

I cannot think of other veggies you could add for fermenting kimchi
Good luck!!!

5 Likes

@helenama73_911 You can add whatever you want, as long as it’s edible raw.
For example, I recently made kimchi with turnips and turnip greens.
You can make kimchi with most things really. And like @simi11 said, in Kimchi family
they show many different kinds, like bell pepper kimchi :smile:

3 Likes

Is that a thing? :open_mouth:

Lol, you made me laugh! It’s a fruit :slight_smile: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrus_pyrifolia

3 Likes

I only read that someone’s broccoli kimchi went wrong so I didn’t want suggest something I’m not experienced with. I got in store a kimchi (ferment) red beets with red cabbage and the pepper sauce etc. no scallions. I think there is an apple, too. It tastes very refreshing. And btw in Kimchi Family I liked the Lotus Kimchi, was it water kimchi…? The drama was very Korean traditional cooking inspiration and the Kimchi making looked so easy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh, I think I may have seen them in a Finnish supermarket, years ago.

1 Like

Yuck! The idea of putting any kind of milk in green tea just sounds horrible. lol I don’t care for black teas. I prefer the green tea with toasted rice. (No milk, no sugar) That is very good. :grinning:

OMG!! That reminds me of the last time I was in San Francisco at the trade center! They had Uji Mochi Freeze! That was the MOST addictive and great tasting green tea slushie I’ve ever had. YUM! (Dang it! I can’t get it in Idaho… 900 miles away. from my Uji Mochi Freeze supply! ) :yum::rofl:

1 Like

Yea, Just look up the Taekwando center in Seoul. :rofl: :sunglasses:

2 Likes