Do you have plants? If yes which one and how do you care it for?

I don’t think I have ever seen one, I thought it was interesting…

2 Likes

this one is better

i also got a spider plant

4 Likes

anyone try herbs! if so how did you do with them

this is a donkey plant, I didn’t realize it would bloom!

4 Likes

Oh, I’ve had one of those! They are really cool when taken care of properly. I had mine when I lived in an apartment with a deck and, sadly, out of sight-out of mind. I think I neglected to water it regularly and the blazing western sun did not do it any favors. Another case of me killing an innocent plant. Oh, the shame…

1 Like

heres another weird one, green humming birds, this is from Australia

4 Likes

This is a goldfish plant. I’ve got one of these at home and yes, the blooms do look like little goldfish.

(greg.app)

4 Likes

No, unfortunately didn’t have any plants at my home But I wish I will try to buy something for my lobby.

1 Like

Wow! These are all beautiful plants! I haven’t seen them nor heard of them before. If I can get my hands on them, I would try growing them. They really are cute.

As far as herbs are concerned, I would grow some during warmer weather - like cilantro, mint, basil, chives, rosemary and thyme. It’s almost time to grow some. :grinning:

2 Likes

I bought yesterday potted sage, marjoram, oregano and rosemary (my old rosem. is thinning because it needs to be repotted). I will start with basil seeds in April and some other ones.
My bee balms are sprouting in last year pots on my balcony although it’s still very cold at night, but they are on the window sill basking in the lately sunny days. - Have to repot them. Also the hempseeds I fed to birds fell in pots and now it’s growing hemp :sweat_smile:

I bought a lemon tree 4 feet tall with lots of flower buds that I will keep indoor until it gets warm. It was on sale, I had one before, but some bugs killed it… the blooms have a scent like jasmine :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

ok,ok I am late!! I want to start my herb garden, yes my Rosamary is thinning, and want so much to save it. also need to get the seeds thyme, sage, smoe of the mints, which do spread, and more. I do have a place for them.

also for the Rosemary, y’all try to clip some and put in water, “hydroponics” in play there. I am going to try that myself

2 Likes

I did that and gave some away… but the one I have now looks kinda poor so the new one has large strong leaves, which will be better, some sprout quickly than others… I saw yesterday selling the rosemary as a little tree, a stem/trunk and above a crown of rosemary with flowers… but I’m not sure how well it would grow… my friend has a tall “shrub” and when you pass by you can really smell the scent… rosemary scent is good for your brain :joy:

I sometimes just bow to the rosemary pot and stick my nose to inhale the scent and brush with hands the leaves as it leaves the oil on your hands :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Currently I have a Dracaena plant in water, but it wants to be potted… unfortunately my water is very hard, lots of calcium…

2 Likes

I so much want to save my rosemary, and I have heard supposed to improve memory, also put it in your bed room, along with lavender, good sleeping tonic…

2 Likes

ok so this may not be about house plants , but maybe it does!!

5 Likes

more fun stuff for your garden

https://diyprojects.ideas2live4.com/…/decorate-your…/

a neat way to transform an old tricycle into a planter

Looks like I am not able to put anything on here again

I thought y’all would like this, I did what a way to use all those pinecones in my yard!!

I found something that may be of interest to you gardners, the plastic bottles from large to small, cut bottom off, leave cap off, place over a plant and there you have a “green house” I am going to try that one as well

4 Likes

I started to think its about “luck” when it comes to rosemary :sweat_smile: I LOVE rosemary plants and in my old house, I plant a very small amount randomly and it ended up covering all around the garden, grew up super fast. From what I heard, when they feel comfortable in the soil they are planted in they tend to grow much faster.

2 Likes

I am backi from my trip, and bro in law gave me a bunch of p[lants, including some herbs, can’t wait till I can get them planted, course it got cold again! yeah the herbs can be planted indoors, also a rosemary bush , a small one, aloevera, going to plant that where I had my other one. so while enjoying the smell of the rosemary, found this on line , thought y’all would be interested, another strange looking one

Stunning Catasetum “epiphytic Orchids”. How adorable

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I am so glad I didn’t plant the plants outside, calling for a freeze monday and cold weather the rest of the week, so the plants will stay indoors for a few more days. but the fragrance is awesome!! (the rosemary that is)

6 Likes

I didn’t put this on the other link, your laugh for the day cause I thought it would fit better here

finally found something to do with Grandpa’s teeth. Not mine, just thought it was funny. We need a laugh every now and then. Don’t know if it is a craft or not.

4 Likes

I would get nightmares, if I had this on my sill. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

somejuwels, me too!

heres another weird one

Glad Alien (Calceolaria uniflora)

Glad Alien plant is a bizarre looking species of evergreen, perennial plant from Tierra del Fuego in the southern part of South America. Like other true alpine plants, it has a shallow root system and grows tight to the ground reaching no more than 4-5 inches tall.

I will be so glad when it warms up so I can plant these plants, but oh that Rosemary smells so good!!!

4 Likes

garlic awesome! also ginger, but does take awhile for it to grow

5 Likes