Do you have plants? If yes which one and how do you care it for?

time to plant plants, c’mon y’all! lets get to getting!

1 Like

One of a kind, cactus. :blush: Unique!

2 Likes

got an aloe vera , kinda looks puny, what can I do to revive it?? green house effect?

2 Likes

I planted a zucchini plant, red beet, brussels sprout, broccoli and fennel. I noticed blight on my cukes and my hollyhock flower and even my bee balm has it and must have have had when I got it.
I’m making a “soup” with garlic and then dilute with water and spray plant but also on the soil under the plant hoping to k ill the fungus!! There some other recipes with garlic and milk…

oh my discours or viki is censoring word k i l l… how do they go about it when they write a summary about a drama and even in the subs :astonished: :rofl:

3 Likes

I bought this orchid last week. :heart_eyes: I really like it because I’m not really a good plant mom… my money plant is doing fine but my others are barely hanging on for some reason.

3 Likes

That is pretty but it’s fake, right? I love them too and have had a few throughout the years but invariably, they end up dying. I can get better results with African Violets for some reason. To me, orchids are too expensive when I know they will die off in three years or less. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

The reference is likely because they climb. There is a song in kind. We are climbing Jacobs ladder. . .

Try this method to revive, and then place in a pot with enough room for growth. If you try this, let us know the progress. :blush:

Is it working so far, your homemade fungus k!ller?

:grinning: Very creatively I’d imagine. :smile:

Taking a part of each plant, try the method in the video above to give them longer roots, then place in a pot with enough room for growth. If you try this, do give us an update on the progress.

1 Like

The plant doesn’t climb, but the leaves look like a ladder or steps.

It does work if you keep up with it regularly, I’m not too often in garden lately. I was told that a cold brew with nettles does the same thing, will try next year.

1 Like

I’m building a tomato house / greenhouse. The town hall didn’t permit anymore to put a small shed like others have anymore and the tool box is completely rotten, but they do allow a huge greenhouse.
So I will use that for the tools and growing seeds. - I had to search online how to build one, didn’t want to purchase an expensive one. It is not that hard if you have a design and know important things like to to fasten the or doing a foundation kind and know what tools you need and mounting supplies.

I measured it all out and ordered wood to be cut, some I need to saw in garden. My headache is still the foundation attachement/fastening into stepping stones so wind wouldn’t b low it away and the plastic foil wrat isn’t convincing yet also.

Need to complete it by end of September since I have to pack up for my move into a new apartment in 2 months.

Since when is word “b low” censured?? So weird. This censuring is impossible to write normally!

It will look something like this but smaller approx. 156 cm x 172 cm and I mount a door on hinges.

3 Likes

Almost a year ago, I planted two avocado ‘‘bone?’’ Today, I was watering my money tree and I saw two small trees where I had planted the avocado. Imagine my happiness since I was never able to make an avocado grow into a tree. I hope it can thrive since the weather lately has been so terrible my other plants are struggling to stay alive. I cover them with kisses and tell them I love them; hoping they feel my love and get inspired to keep on growing… :pray:

3 Likes

I am curious to see your end result so keep up the work ^^

2 Likes

It took me 2 weeks to buy material and build it, I made some mistakes and cutting wood wasn’t that easy with a small jigsaw, but I put it together and roof too.
I was lucky we had great weather almost too hot while working.

Since then I’m packing for moving this month to another apartment and I’m quite tired and got sick with a flu, oh well.
Here pictures of the green house:

8 Likes

I don’t know for anyone else, but, are pictures censored now? It takes at least a day or more for them to actually show, and even if they do, they go back to being hidden. Am I the only fan with this added issue? I am still wrestling with the way things jump around, and the over tall posting boxes for posting, and creating.

1 Like

I’m not sure, perhaps it depends where pics are coming from if it’s from websites or are they your owns… When I posted the tomato house or green house pics it showed right away.

Perhaps try to logout, delete history and cookies, do a disk cleanup as administrator on your pc, and do this: type in your task or windows search left on bottom “command prompt” run as administrator, then after the last character in the window type:
ipconfig /flushdns it will look like that, don’t forget the space after ipconfig.
C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig /flushdns
then click enter and it will look like this:

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

That might resolve the issue, perhaps also just restart your PC and see if it works.
Now if you do postings from your cell phone, I have no clue what could be the issue.

1 Like

Wow, this looks really nice and cozy ^^ How any plants do you wanna place there?

1 Like

Hi Güli, I originally wanted a wooden shed for garden tools and mower, but the municipality changed the permission and said I can put only a tomato house on the community garden lot like 3 meters wide up to 2 meters high and 1,5 deep…
So I didn’t finish organizing it well and I kept over winter my small olive tree, lemon verbena and lemon geranium in there, but I’m reading the geranium should have been in the basement… I’m not sure anymore…

It’s because the wooden tool box was rotting and I didn’t like how everything was stack over each other…

For tomatoes I’ll do something else since I had two cheap greenhouse structure but after 2 year the plastic cover has teared and so I get some different cover using the existing frame but will place it in different spot…