Do you have plants? If yes which one and how do you care it for?

I loooove plants, but always I try to have it, my cat eat them or they mysteriously die. So, I end up buying plastic flowers hahahahahah.

1 Like

ok anyone ever see any of these? the only place I haver seen them is on “the masters sun”

image Yes,Green Roses are real and very special.They are the original rose and have been around for nearly 30.000 years.

7 Likes

Really interesting :thinking: I didn’t know that but where they are in general though?

1 Like

Rose , neat!! I reallyt don’t know where they azre grown, but if some of our people that do grow flowers I ask where do they grow? I’d like to get some planta or seeds as well.

Come on help us out here!!

course Googled it cause I was curious too
Many people know this wonderful rose as the Green Rose; others know her as Rosa chinensis viridiflora. This amazing rose is scoffed at by some and compared by her looks to a Canadian Thistle weed. Yet, those who care enough to dig into her past will come away delighted and amazed! She truly is a unique rose to be honored and held in high esteem just as much as, if not more so, than any other rose. Her slight fragrance is said to be peppery or spicy. Her bloom is made up of green sepals instead of what we know on other roses as their petals. History of the Green Rose Most Rosarians agree that Rosa chinensis viridiflora first appeared during the mid 18th century, perhaps as early as 1743. It is believed that she originated in the area that later was named China. Rosa chinensis viridiflora is seen in some old Chinese paintings. At one time, it was forbidden for anyone outside of the Forbidden City to grow this rose. It was literally the sole property of the emperors. It was not until around the mid 19th century that she began to get some attention in England as well as some other areas around the world. In 1856 the United Kingdom Company, known as Bembridge & Harrison, offered this truly special rose for sale. Her blooms are about 1 ½ inches (4 cm.) across or about the size of golf balls. This special rose is unique also in that it is what is known as asexual. It does not make pollen or set hips; therefore, it cannot be used in hybridizing. However, any rose that has managed to survive for perhaps millions of years, without the help of man, should be cherished as a rose treasure. Truly, Rosa chinensis viridiflora is a beautifully unique rose variety and one that should have a place of honor in any rose bed or rose garden.

Read more at Gardening Know How: The History And Culture Of The Green Rose https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/roses/green-roses.htm

2 Likes

No trace on Amazon!
Your new pic is pretty! What is it?

1 Like

canI say ruins under the sea? not sure its atlantis though

1 Like

Green roses first came to the UK as “Viridiflora” a mutation of the Chinese rose “Old Blush”. She was cultured around 1850.

The eldest roses are the wildroses in Europe, they exist for more than 30.000 years, mostly white or light rosé, unfilled, only blooming once a year with a light fragance, a few types have a wonderful fragance. The Chinese roses, several thousands of years old, unfilled, but blooming twice a year and with yellow, red and pink colours and great frangance. And the Damascus Rose with a wonderful fragance, vididly colors, blooming once a year, aldready famous in the Old Greek, Kleopatra used the fragant rose oil. These 3 types of roses are the ancestors of all existing roses today.

3 Likes

Indonesia! They say it’s an artificial reef sculpture to protect corals:

Nest is its name, it fits!

1 Like

I watched it, hey very interesting. and still a bunch of stuff under the sea we haven’t discovered yet! thanks piranna!

1 Like

ok y’all I could have put this on laugh for the day, but thought it would be a good thing to put it here, a fantastic Christmas present for someone!! Enjoy!

3 Likes

This is cute! The pic brought me to smile :blush:

1 Like

lets see what we can do with this. I thought it was very interesting!

I am afraid if I put everything on here it will be too big

If nothing else go to pinterest to find this.

2 Likes

ok y’all heres another “plant”

now this one I would really love the pattern. if its free that is!
Crochet another 2 Coleus for gifts. One more to go 😃 For all the Ladies asking for the pattern. It can be found here https://www.etsy.com/…/crochet-coleus-pattern-photo…?

I know! google it!!

3 Likes

does anyone know anything about
1.winter gardening
2. hydroponics

I’d like to try my hand at these two

hey y’all I found this and really thought it was cute, but who wants to spend $26 .99? will go up to 49.99 later. groot is cute but no thanks , its called Brazillian lucky wood

1 Like

I want to know if anyone had these little black flies who like to live in moist soil and like anything that’s kinda wet even nostrils, few of them flew inside my nose :frowning: I had to throw some plants out as they have infested them… is there any remedy to keep them away or even kill them…

I don’t know how they got inside, but my son has had the same problem… little black flies hard to catch…

I grew yucca babies in water from my dying yucca plant stem, I just cut several pieces, placed them in a glas of water near daylight and they grew into a big plant at least 2, I gave them to my daughter. I also did that with rosemary and you can do it with basil, just put in water. As Astrid said earlier, I tried to put my dying Orchid in water and although I don’t see roots it’s growing a new stem.

I grow this “cuban oregano” a plant from my grandmother that traveled into my moms hands and now into mine, this plant is so easy to propagate, it needs only light and water, or just soil and water, not direct sunlight, I don’t have time to trim down my 2 plants (indoor), so they grew into a kinda jungle, lol, when spring comes I’ll replant them; I gave many propagated ones away… the smell is so pleasant. If I could I’d share one with you :blush:

and the last here, I’m gonna try these fritters… the health benefits sound so good… hair grow :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8uQoeRD6SA

1 Like

thank you so much! I needed to find out, andwonder if I could do an alo vera plant like that? I will google it. and thanks for your nice “gift” showing me where to look, course I should have known you tube!!!

just watched, those fritters did look good!!

1 Like

I recommend Carnivorous plants which I showed at the start of this topic because I had the same problem like you and if you do have many flowers than sooner or later you will face with that kid of problem.

1 Like

You should buy neem oil! This a biological poison for these little flies and fungus gnats! You can order it online and it’s very helpful. It’s not harmful for bees and humans.

1 Like

I know this oil, I used it in cosmetics, gotta look if I still have it or I order online, but the carnivorous plant I saw a month ago in store and hesitated to buy one :slight_smile: hmm should have gotten it. I never had these flies in the US… I think it’s the soil they sell here or perhaps these flies are Europe bound :sweat_smile: Thanks :pray:

we just have those other little bugs!!