Do you use a fake name for your account? What do you think, about revealing personal informations on web?

I never said I thought you were copying my post! It was written a long time ago and you couldn’t have found it without searching. I just wanted you to see at a glance what other people had to say on this, without having to repeat myself.

7 Likes

I am an honest, naive person who still believes in the good in people… In fact, I think it doesn’t matter whether my whole name is there or not…
When someone has evil in mind, Does a hacker get all the data he needs :smiling_imp:
I continue to hope for me that I am right and there is good in man :blush: :heart:

12 Likes

@lutra

I saw you already on the thread “What does your Viki-username mean?”. So I know that you are from Germany. (Don’t worry, I won’t do anything with that information. Germany is a nice place…but you’ll never know if I live there hihi🤓)

Maybe I’m faking informations, but my “name” Yang Suah is not stolen from a real person. I just made it as my “Korean name” because my friend is Korean, and said once, it’s fun, to have a non-korean friend, but with a Korean nickname.

But thank you for commenting!:upside_down_face:

5 Likes

@irmar

Oh, okay. I’m sorry(yes again) that I didn’t see that. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Well, actually thanks to my Viki ID I got to know another Viki member having the same hometown as I do.

5 Likes

I’m all for the freedom to use your real or a made up name. Once a transgender person was outed by Facebook when they cracked down on ‘fake’ names, this person had been using a pseudonym and was forced to reveal their birth name despite this person’s plea not to.

My wife, despite using her real name also had her account suspended and challenged to provide a scan of a passport or drivers licence by Facebook because ‘someone had claimed’ her name was a fake account! Who the hell did Facebook think they were to be demanding that level of personal details just to have the privilege of being on “social” media?
The missus told them to go sit on this Fekbook and promptly deleted her account.

have you ever ego-surfed that name? (Googling your ‘own’ name) I found 2 Yang Suah and lots of Suah Yang.

3 Likes

I’m not as protective of my info as I am of my kids, I post stuff on facebook (friend setting) because almost all my friends there I know irl, but on twitter or ig I don’t mention their names or ages and no pictures with their faces. When I mention them on twitter I call them kid #1 & kid #2, the youngest doesn’t like being #2 though, lol.

6 Likes

@ninjas_with_onions

Well, the reason you found 2 Yang Suah’s is, because it’s a “popular” name. As I said, I’ve got a Korean friend, and she said, it could be funny, when I make a Korean name for me, even if I’m not Korean. So she send me a video that was called: Make your Korean name in 5 minutes. And because I really like my friend, (we know each other for almost 12 years) I made my name.

The dude in the video said, that we need a last name.(logical, isn’t it?)So he viewed the most POPULAR last names in Korea, and I thought that “Yang” sounds good. He did the same thing with the first names. There I saw “Suah”, and I know ofc that there’s a girl, named “Sua” In the band Dreamcatcher. (The guy also said, we can use the name from celebrities we like, so I was like: why not?)

So my name is created out of 2 very common names in Korea, so I knew that there’s at least one person, with this name.

But still I didn’t stole it. Before this, I didn’t know, that there were mor than one Yang Suah’s and so many Suah’s Yang. And if I didn’t know about them, how could I steal their names? And I’m honest, and don’t deny that my name is NOT Yang suah.

4 Likes

It’s not stealing :grin: You can have whatever Korean name you want…I made one for myself too!^^

3 Likes

Bonjour et bienvenue dans la communauté Viki,
personnellement j’utilise ma vraie identité, car j’aurais l’impression de mentir.
Je ne vois pas l’intérêt de cacher qui je suis, ne faisant rien de répréhensible, je ne me préoccupe pas de l’utilisation qu’internet peut faire de mes coordonnées. :clin d’œil:

Bon amusement sur Viki.
Hello and welcome to the Viki community,
I personally use my real identity because I would feel like I am lying.
I don’t see the point in hiding who I am, not doing anything wrong, I don’t care about how the internet can use my contact details.

4 Likes

Even a Sherlock Holmes wanna be can unscramble the Hansel, and Gretel bread crumbs you’ve put out here on this thread, and suddenly appear in front of you :rofl: nuttin’ is sacred online. ijs.

Your user name is very likable, as well as your fake real name!

5 Likes

@leerla73

Omg, you’re back! :sob: I missed you!:blush: I thought they killed you in jail!:laughing::laughing::heart:

4 Likes

No, never suggested that you were stealing anyone’s name I just quote what you said. Just thought that since you made the name up were looking to make it as unique as there is only one you in this world!
I Googled my very unusual real name years ago and I was the only person on the internet with my name. (lots of close spelling ones but not the exact same) Just Googled it again and there is now someone with the exact same name, this other person that we both have the same unusual Christian name but very common surname combo with is from different country in Asia and gender!

6 Likes

heres my 3 cents worth, take it or leave it. y’all had some good points, I haven’t seen one thing about scammers…
yes sometimes its a good thing to not put your real name on here or anything else, but find something that wouldn’t be questionable. I have gotten a lot of scammers on Facebook, and theres a page of it on here as well. these so called scammers I get,
use army guys pictures and names. and there are others false pictures and names.

I have changed my profile on Face book at least 3-4 times and they still come out of the wood work. I don’t put any private on the facebook or here, some here do know me that I am from Atlantis, and I love to write so this is a frustrated writer. so if you want to use “fake name” go ahead but also don’t put your reall stuff on any thing like facebook or here.

If you don’t want anyone to know you just don’t put your private stuff here. use a made up name, the merman or mermaid, the roaving detective, or whatever see what I mean, sorry the writer in me came out.

don’t be like those scammers is all I am saying!! with the names that is.

like Lutra said, I also feel uncomfortable with the term “fake identity” sounds like a scammer to me.
oh and btw, how would anyone lknow you used a “fake identity”
i hope this helps.

8 Likes

Lol Y’all :rofl: @leerla73 @padmalayag :woman_facepalming:t6: , I think that needs a different name. @chueen What should the name be? :thinking::joy:

4 Likes

What about a “heart break”?

7 Likes

@lutra LOL :joy::joy::joy: yes

2 Likes

actually you just got the first warning you will be locked soon.come join us.

4 Likes

@padmalayag :joy:

3 Likes

Spoke too soon :rofl: :sob: “heartbreak”

5 Likes