Do you use a fake name for your account? What do you think, about revealing personal informations on web?

Even a Sherlock Holmes wanna be can unscramble the Hansel, and Gretel bread crumbs you’ve put out here on this thread, and suddenly appear in front of you :rofl: nuttin’ is sacred online. ijs.

Your user name is very likable, as well as your fake real name!

5 Likes

@leerla73

Omg, you’re back! :sob: I missed you!:blush: I thought they killed you in jail!:laughing::laughing::heart:

4 Likes

No, never suggested that you were stealing anyone’s name I just quote what you said. Just thought that since you made the name up were looking to make it as unique as there is only one you in this world!
I Googled my very unusual real name years ago and I was the only person on the internet with my name. (lots of close spelling ones but not the exact same) Just Googled it again and there is now someone with the exact same name, this other person that we both have the same unusual Christian name but very common surname combo with is from different country in Asia and gender!

6 Likes

heres my 3 cents worth, take it or leave it. y’all had some good points, I haven’t seen one thing about scammers…
yes sometimes its a good thing to not put your real name on here or anything else, but find something that wouldn’t be questionable. I have gotten a lot of scammers on Facebook, and theres a page of it on here as well. these so called scammers I get,
use army guys pictures and names. and there are others false pictures and names.

I have changed my profile on Face book at least 3-4 times and they still come out of the wood work. I don’t put any private on the facebook or here, some here do know me that I am from Atlantis, and I love to write so this is a frustrated writer. so if you want to use “fake name” go ahead but also don’t put your reall stuff on any thing like facebook or here.

If you don’t want anyone to know you just don’t put your private stuff here. use a made up name, the merman or mermaid, the roaving detective, or whatever see what I mean, sorry the writer in me came out.

don’t be like those scammers is all I am saying!! with the names that is.

like Lutra said, I also feel uncomfortable with the term “fake identity” sounds like a scammer to me.
oh and btw, how would anyone lknow you used a “fake identity”
i hope this helps.

8 Likes

Lol Y’all :rofl: @leerla73 @padmalayag :woman_facepalming:t6: , I think that needs a different name. @chueen What should the name be? :thinking::joy:

4 Likes

What about a “heart break”?

7 Likes

@lutra LOL :joy::joy::joy: yes

2 Likes

actually you just got the first warning you will be locked soon.come join us.

4 Likes

@padmalayag :joy:

3 Likes

Spoke too soon :rofl: :sob: “heartbreak”

5 Likes

Hahhah. I told you already. Welcome welcome :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl::rofl::crazy_face::grin:

3 Likes

Trust me it’s a :heartpulse:Ja!l where everyone does :heartpulse:time.

3 Likes

:rofl: You’ll only end up doing more :heartpulse:time :joy:

3 Likes

They’ll have tofu waiting for you - Hope you like your tofu unadulterated.
You won’t be getting anything looking like this🤭!

5 Likes

Of course I use a nick name here on viki, but I stick to the truth when I describe myself or answer questions. On the Internet I only use my real name and e-mail adress when conversing with my family and friends, or with civil service, electric supply company, health insurance etc.

8 Likes

I just remembered :scream: Actually, I’ve been sitting in front of a computer for quite some time now…
ca. '97
The dial-up modem alone…
mööd… mööd… Tüdeltüd… Piiiep… Piiep…dingeling Tüüüd… mööd… :joy: What was that time :grin:
What I actually wanted to say… At that time I was on the road as a would like to poet…
At that time, my names were… Groby… Little Dragon… and Star… In a row. Spread over years… So that I am not recognized… The network was not yet what it is today… Besides, at that time it was said that computer is only for nerds… :joy: “Sorry Should anyone feel hurt at the term nerd”
Funny actually, back then I was more afraid of being discovered than today, although today it might be more sensible to stay hidden…

Anyway, who wants evil, I still think, will not make it dependent on names…

6 Likes

nerds is a good description, I think, a poet and didn’t know it!! awesome! little dragon is cute!!

2 Likes

@frustratedwriter

Inspired by good old Draco :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I love him…

4 Likes

there ya go! my cute little dragon!!! love it got a new drama here about a dragon, first couple of episodes were cute.

3 Likes

I call them kid #1; kid #2, the youngest doesn’t like being #2 though, lol

I wonder why…lmao:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes