Do you use a fake name for your account? What do you think, about revealing personal informations on web?

this happened to me as well. Probably because my real surname is very… unique. However, I usually don’t use my name for gaming, Viki and whatever else there’s to do on the internet since I don’t think it’s necessary. My given name isn’t that lovely that I would like to hear it all day long and it’s not like I feel closer to someone if I call them e.g. Elisa instead of Rider578. Maybe some people feel differently about it, but I don’t. However, I usually don’t fake anything and I’m not scared of revealing some things either. But of course it’s recommended to be careful about certain details, especially if for example your boss etc. would be able to find ‘weird information’ about you. Considering that I’m an university student that currently works as a public servant I’d rather not let everyone find a connection. :rofl:

7 Likes

Our surname is quite common and I could find at least 3~4 other Facebook account with the exact same name as my wife’s. We could see no reason why WE had to prove who we were just because “someone” allegedly claimed her account was fake. It’s not like she was a famous celebrity and that they needed to verify which of the Facebook account did belong to [names of celebrity] like the Twitter blue check mark. The wife was quite incensed by it all, it wasn’t like she lived and breathed social media and was desperate to hang on to her account so she told them to shove it and deleted the account wanting nothing more to do with them. :fireworks::partying_face:
This was all before the Cambridge Analytica data scandal broke and I already had opinions of Facebook before that.

Some people don’t like their name or find it dull (not like they could object when they were born :stuck_out_tongue:) but being able to make a username of their choosing at least gives them a little bit of escapism and maybe a little boost in confidence if they can have an exotic or ‘hacker’ name, I’m all for that.

Yes, HR nowadays routinely profile candidates via social media, photos of being passed out in the gutter after a rowdy night out or dressing up as a furry every weekend isn’t a good impression when applying for a job! :laughing:

5 Likes

Well you know I’m kdrama but at least I put ALI at the end of it!!!

4 Likes

In this case AI, (ai) or Artificial Intelligence is what’s happening in our much loved shows. Take a look at time stamps 0:53, 1:32 to 2:32 (゚⁠ο゚⁠人⁠) We’ve got AI filling in visually, and by audio, filling in for actors who had to stop filming.

1 Like

I’m not getting what Marcus is saying in relation to AI. Are viewers complaining that the some kind of beauty filter was applied throughout the entire drama? Because the way I interpreted it Dilraba responded with something akin to ‘I can’t help it if I’m too beautiful’ :thinking: What is going on? I’m confused.

Just watched a bit of the drama in question and the voice dub at the 5 minute mark is so obvious. It like bad CGI but with voice. :grimacing: Is this what she was referring to about some external dubbing (But it’s applied to the male actor not her character)

1 Like

His transcript explains clearer.

1 Like

Ah, I see, I only saw the initial comment about 0:53 which was the Prosecution Elite panel so jumped straight to that news article, I was so confused when nothing fitted any reference to A.I.
But it did lead me to pick up on that weird voiceover dubbing in Prosecution Elite. Not sure what they were trying to fix but it just didn’t match and jumped in and out that it ended up sounding about as smooth as this. :robot:

1 Like

For clarity see the transcript at time stamps 5:58 to 8:42.

1 Like

No, I get that news article, odd that they think all prosecutors have to be ugly :man_shrugging::joy:
No, I was commenting on the (bad) voice inserts. Watch ep 1 from 05:03 to 05:52, it’s a short scene where the male prosecutor is talking with An Ni. it’s so obvious that I thought that was some kind of A.I. generated dub or something, (because I was looking to spot what A.I. tom foolery was going on in the wrong drama😅 )

1 Like

@ninjas_with_onions ,
I always hated dubbing. ಠ⁠﹏⁠ಠ The one done by AI. If a person does it, it’s a bit better, since it’s a human voice. They’ll still have to do excellent in relation to the script.

This is too odd, an odd expectation. :roll_eyes: I still like her honesty. She was worried if she could swing it! :wink:

:laughing: Tom foolery. :smile::laughing::joy:

@ninjas_with_onions,
Don’t they know they have very smart fans watching these shows, and even smarter fans who have an affinity for details. :wink: I just got a chance to listen to that voice insert, and I heard it! :rofl:

1 Like

It depends on your work…

1 Like

I will always remain anonymous on the net for reasons of privacy and protection against surveillance. :slightly_smiling_face:

Of course, the decision to remain anonymous on the Internet depends on your needs, your security and privacy concerns, and the values and rules of the online community in which you participate. It’s important to consider the potential consequences of anonymity, and to use the Internet responsibly and ethically, respecting the laws and rights of other users.

2 Likes

Well i live in Sweden so I cant really be anonymous, in my country we have the principle of publicity (you can get any info you want on a person)… If I just take a look in the internet there is allmost everything about me, my dogs, my car, that Im live alone in a house… My name here is Maria (my full name is on the internet too, but I never use “Maria Helena” the second part is my mothers name), I cant really hide so I tend to be honest about who I am. That said when my father was alive I never used my name on the internet but he is dead (he probably never even had a computer but still) so I totally understand why some need to hide and still wants to a part of things.

3 Likes

Well, I learned since I was born that we must protect ourselves and do not ever disclose our true name, nor age, nor address… You know, not everyone was lucky enough to being born on a safe country. When I was a kid, I was always keeping attention to any unknown person whenever I went home after school and was with a large group because of safety. Reporters advised people to be careful because many kids were being kidnapped to black market or had their organs extracted and their bodies were dumped far from home. I’m not disclosing the country’s name. I can’t, you can’t Google that: no data, so I can’t prove what I lived.
Habits die hard, hackers and government do know everything about us… but still… I only disclosed my name on internet to a very tiny number of people.

2 Likes

never putg personal info anywhere, spammers. scammers and such. a private name is good,

and I just read what you put o9n here, don’t give your info out!!

Frustrated writer, love to write, but haven’t lately. and all of us on here does the same thing,

1 Like

I didn’t give my full name, it was only my second name ^^ And there are pleeenty of people with the same name :sunglasses: I wouldn’t have done it if it wasn’t so common, but still… You’re right, won’t let my guard down :top:
Thank you, you are a dear :sunny:

1 Like

Ha! Someone need to heed their own advice, look.
I sent you a copy, that blocks it, to use :wink:

1 Like