Dramas are dragging

allrighty then! ok I will check that out. the 365 0ne,
and y’know if one thing is changed everything changes, but I still love watching these type dramas.

3 Likes

@frustratedwriter
I recommend @helenawang5717_57 suggestion.
I really enjoyed “365” Repeat the Year". The cast was marvelous and the story was wonderful. Although, I discovered I needed to watch when I was ‘fresh’ because I found myself getting a bit lost while watching when I was tired.

As a side note. I would love to see the leads, Nam Ji-hyun and Lee Joon-hyuk, in another drama together.

3 Likes

@frustratedwriter
I loved this ancient ‘detective’ drama. You might try it out.

Also, I’m surrently watching this detective drama and really enjoying it. Especially like it when one of the characters in in the kitchen cooking…makes me hungry just thinking about it, lol.

4 Likes

yes I loved both of them, and I just might watch them again!

2 Likes

Recently crime(+historic) dramas are really popular especially in China. It’s interesting to see that each one is somewhat similar but has it’s own color which is really nice to see <3

4 Likes

Man Who Sets the Table. The abusive father was too much, always humiliating and manipulating his family. I had to stop watching it. Maybe others enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Regarding abuse in dramas or movies I think there is a big difference in how the abuse is presented and with which goal. If the show glorifies abuse I’m of course against it. But if it raises awareness for certain situations, it’s a different matter.

5 Likes

Especially since there is a lot of abuse among chaebol families in SK whether it’s to their children or other people. I think Sky Castle showed a lot of that.

5 Likes

That’s great. Glad to hear.

1 Like

I hope we can see more of this genre.

1 Like

Me too! Them 2 have such great chemistry together. But I don’t want an all mellow- romantic drama. I want a more like action packed from both (detective-police officer competition?) Hate turns into love thing?

2 Likes

I have finally started watching that 35, will let yu know later what I thought

2 Likes

sorry not able to handle abuse, too many memories,

mirjam you may be right, and I should let it go, and what you said is right, “depends on how you/me look at it”
365 is what I meant.

1 Like

heres a drama movie, y’all might like,(antique bakery)
he guys are some of ut favorite actors of today.

there’s a mystery that’s 20 years old and due t the head baker, and he has forgotten a lot of what happened, ( he was kidnapped)now 3 children are missing. um not going to say anymore, will give stuff away. a lot of mystery, and can watch baking cake, would love to get some of the recipes! anyway a terrific drama can watch in one setting too.

1 Like

SOLVED :hugs:

3 Likes

@frustratedwriter Please consider how hurtful your choice of words could be to another person. Your words come across as very pointed and cruel: “Just a warning” “Has some “gay” scenes” “Pass that by”. I believe that was not your intention and I hope one day you will reconsider your stance.

Frankly speaking, (regarding another Viki discussion topic of late - Viki monitoring potentially heated-posts), in my opinion, this type of judgmental and intolerant statement is a another example of WHY the necessity exists that Viki determines to delete posts in discussions and even had to rewrite new guidelines specific to the problems.

Please, let’s keep Viki Discussions all-inclusive! :heart:

1 Like

now I have deleted my response.

1 Like

@frustratedwriter

Thank you, Mary. Then I will do the same. :sunflower:

1 Like

I know when @mary wrote [pass that by] she meant she skipped that part. She’s a senior in her late 70’s for what I read in her post. We need to respect our elders. It’s obvious she didn’t do that intentionally. Would you like someone to write that way to your mother or grandmother? How can we judge someone that doesn’t know any better? You could have PM her instead.

1 Like

thank you!