Dramas you wouldn't recommend?

History of a Salaryman was so funny! :smiley:
I knowā€¦I should give 1997 another try when I get a chance. All my friends and even my sister loved it.

Goodness I love love love coffee price hahahha, I think Iā€™ve watched it 4 times already. Taste really changes from person to person heheh

3 Likes

Goddess of marriage was so boring!!!

Oh yes, it was ! I really didnā€™t like the story and the characters!

I look all the episodes because I was hoping a better story but notā€¦

Thereā€™s one good point : the OST.

Thank goodness you and warrior bear have warned me! Now if I do happen to watch it, I wonā€™t go in with high expectations because I absolutely cant stand watching a show all of the way through thinking that it has the potential to get better just to find out by the last ep that it doesnā€™t. I cant remember what show it was that I realized was a complete waste of life, but once I do, Iā€™ll post it to warn others too.

I agree BOF has to be the most overrated korean drama,talking about boring and also love rain another sleeper

1 Like

BOF and LOVE RAIN if you want to sleep fast just watch either of them you will be out in 10 m

But in BOF, Kim Bum and Kim So Eun are cute! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, and they messed up the dramaā€¦

1 Like

I cannot watch Tawainese Dramas. They are irritating. The sound effects, they always have some slapstick silliness that is painful.

2 Likes

:frowning: Which have you seen?

I donā€™t know. While I do agree that a lot of the ā€œpopularā€ TW shows have this silliness thatā€™s a bit offputting, irritating, in factā€¦ I do think that once you step away from those rom-coms, there are better dramas.

Also, sound effects?

I always feel guilty when I stop watching a drama. Most of the time I try to force it a bit, but sometimes I just canā€™t stand it. And other Drama I do not really dislike, but somehow I stopped watching and didnā€™t pick them up again. The two dramas I didnā€™t like where mentioned by a few people already:
Dr.Jin and Fashion King. I didnā€™t like the story and everything was so confusing.
The dramas I lost interest:
Flower Boy Ramyun Shop (somehow I didnā€™t got into it, but I watch till Ep.9, maybe I watch the remaining episodes some day)
Tempted Again (I started it, because I wanted to see how it would be with a foreigner in a bigger role)
Me, too Flower (stopped at Ep.9)
Playfull Kiss (I like mangas, but somehow I donā€™T like the stories as a drama adaption, the drama has a strange vibe for me)
Dream (stopped at Ep.9, didnā€™t like the sports theme and in the remaining 11 episodes made me wonder how much it will drag on)
Birth of the Rich (I really like dark and sad themes and when I read the synopsis I thought the idea of cancer and so on seemed interesting, but the main character was just to goofy for me)
Warrior Baek Dong Su (to much remaining episodes, stopped at Ep.9 [somehow the Ep.9 is always a magical point for me])
And dramas I finished, but didnā€™t really like:
The Equator Man (it was dragging and I didnā€™t like the main character in the end)
Nailshop Paris (even if the actors were miserable, the storyline was way more stupid, it was like ā€œOh how about making a drama which has all things combined in a bad wayā€-just no)
Level 7th Civil Servant (I like Joo Won, but this drama wasnā€™t really good)
I started five taiwanese dramas, but I only finished one (Skip Beat!, I also read the manga so I really wanted to see this). They are often confusing to me and exaggerated.

Did u watch Devil Beside You?? that is a nice taiwanesse drama :)ā€¦ I watched Skip Beat, but itā€™d be nice if they continue the storyā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, it would be cool if they would continue the story, there are some really interesting things comin and I would love to see them as a drama.

Loopy electronic silly sounds. Maddening. They make the show look like a video game or some silly cartoon.

I just canā€™t watch them because the production value is so terrible compared to the Korean and Japanese shows.

Time with you is really great!

And in tawainese dramas, the kiss scenes are better than korean drama :stuck_out_tongue:

I dislike really high pitch voices so watching tawainese dramas is a bit hard for me. Also, hearing ā€œinnervoicesā€ well I donā€™t knowā€¦if itā€™s for narration ok but if itā€™s to tell the personā€™s emotionsā€¦meh canā€™t you rely more on acting instead of telling us everything like thatā€¦

I donā€™t hate them though as I havenā€™t seen a lot of them.

2 Likes

Oh so true, for all stories. Just like I donā€™t need someone to explain whatā€™s going on in the story, I donā€™t want to have someone just tell me all their feelings. Itā€™s something I want to see.

I liked Paradise Ranch, I think it was my second Korean drama.
And the Fashion King Was amazing except for the end. I stayed up all night to see all, and I was shocked.But I usually donā€™t like the ends, I donā€™t get them.
And Lie To me was very funny I watched it 3 times.

1 Like

In Time With You? That was maybe the second TW-drama after Autumnā€™s Concerto that I really enjoyed. You should stop by The Pursuit of Happiness if you havenā€™t. Itā€™s by the same production team as ITWY, I think? Itā€™s got a similar tone/vibe, but itā€™s a bit different. (Self-promo over, ha.)

Haha, I donā€™t know about the kisses thing, but uh, if you say so XD

@Stelllaa Well, if you think soā€¦okay. In the end, I do think it depends on the individual drama though, since Iā€™m still not sure what silly sounds youā€™re talking about.

1 Like