Dramas you wouldn't recommend?

I like taiwanese dramas, for me the biggest difference is that korean dramas are more glamorous, like the clothes and cars are fancier hehhe. I am watching The Pursuit of Happiness and I am having a good time.

1 Like

For me, the silly sounds are when they make it cartoon style, BOOING! and crash sounds. (or over mic sounds for dramatic effect or give a sound effect to something that doesn’t have sound, like washing windows or temperature rising)

A great example is in Smiling Pasta.

1 Like

Hi Hnatiuc ^ ^
You might have liked paradise ranch because that was your SECOND korean drama. Most people like /enjoy the dramas that got them started on Korean dramas. Then again you might have liked it because the story was good
it is so funny how we both have completely different tastes when it comes to dramas.

1 Like

V.V I wouldn’t recommend anyone to watch Big. I feel as though the writers were completely lost as they started to reach the end of the drama. It was as if the story line was completely thrown out the window because they wanted to drag on the drama until the set amount of episodes. Don’t even get me started on the last episode. T.T
I, still to this day, will never understand the ending. ._. It’s such a shame that my opinion of the drama was completely ruined towards the end. It had potential of being a great drama. If I weren’t watching ghost through all of that confusion, I wouldn’t have been as motivated to finish it. Thank god for ghost’s ability to bring back my mood.

You are so right, Big was good at the beginning and then I was like WTH? is like the changed completely of writers and they jump in the middle, yes the last episode was such a mess
SMH
 what happened? We will never know lol.

2 Likes

I watched Devil Beside You and Drunken o Love You. Both of them happened to be some of the very few Taiwanese dramas that are too animated for my taste. There are a couple of others, but these 2 both starred Rainy Yang and I was pretty satisfied with them. A lot of other Taiwanese dramas that I attempted to watch were too aggravating.

I agree about LMH. His versatility is what won me over as a legit fan. He was good in Boys Over Flowers but when he completely changed it up to play the more serious role in Faith; the Great Doctor and then again in Personal Preference, I couldn’t help but give him his kudos. One thing I can say for sure, is all of his roles are of assertive characters, no matter what era or social class he plays, but other than that, he’s very good at fitting into the different personas rather than the characters being created to fit him. I hate it when I see actors play the same role, just using a different name in a different show. It makes me question if they can even really act.

2 Likes

I started The Pursuit of Happiness and I like it for now :smile:

For Big, I think the main couple was great but the story not, like they couldn’t assume anymore a relationship between a young man and a less young woman

1 Like

These are some of the dramas that I started watching but couldn’t finish or that I finished and I immediately regret wasting all that time watching them

1. Playful kiss (I seriously hated this drama, I don’t even know how I managed to finish it) O.o
  2. Big (you know
what a terrible ending)
  3. Full House take 2 (I stopped at episode 4. I think I couldn’t handle all those weird hairstyles hahaha)
  4. You’re beautiful (I know, I know please don’t kill me
 but I really don’t understand why I just couldn’t like this drama, I mean it was so boring to me)
  5. I do I do ( it was a totally waste of time)
1 Like

I was just like you while watching Reply1997, but I REALLY started to love it by the middle I guess

Faith is one of my favorite dramas 
 what did you dislike in the drama ? i am really interested in your opinion

Don’t worry you are not the only one, I liked you are beautiful but I think it is overrated. I thought the main actress was cute, but the story wasn’t really interesting for my taste.

2 Likes

When I have time I will def try to watch again.

I didn’t like Faith either, even know I enjoyed the chemistry btw the leads, i thought the story wasn’t well developed, and I also felt the story was kind of slow
24 ep were too much, maybe if it was 16 or 18 I would have enjoyed a lot more. But again this is my taste, there are dramas that I love that many people don’t like.

-Age difference between them was too much. And it was too obvious.
-As a great general lee min ho was too soft and clean. Putting him in a scale armor was more like putting shirts on pets.
-Some scenes of the drama was nonsense. Shooting plots was not rich. I was feeling like watching theater than movie.
-And of course the final

These are now that comes into my mind. But sure i respect your thought. It’s just what i think :wink:

1 Like

If u like Rainie Yang and Mike He
 there is a drama called Why Why Love
 it’s really funny and interesting!! I highly recommend it to u hehehe

When a man loves wasn’t too bad
just a very annoying drama where you felt like giving the lead girl a serious K.O

seriously, Goo Hye sun has been showing up in terribe dramas after her BOF days

(When a Man Loves)

I just evaluate dramas if i’m enjoyed or attracted from them

Whenever i saw that trio i felt like throw up
Watching was like torturing myself
That’s why i could stand only first 6 episodes. Then i stopped watching.

thanks, I think that I attempted to watch it in the past, but during the first ep, something detoured je and I just never got back around to it. I might give it another try though :slight_smile: