Expiring Licenses

Well, it’s not really on topic, but it’s not “completely” off-topic either.
I would make a new thread titled:
“Number of shows in Project Finder versus Explore”. Or something like that.
Because that is the strange thing. Normally there should be more in Explore, not less. Since those in Project finder and Channel Manager are the ones that haven’t been translated yet or don’t have a Channel Manager yet, whereas in Explore there should be all of it, old and new, translated and untranslated, with or without Manager .

In the project finder it was more Bangladeshi than Indian.
If I restrict it to just India and not Pakistan or Bangladesh,
In Channel Manager application I see 13 items, In Project Finder 9 and in Explore only 7. (There used to be many more but they were all fan channels so I suppose they were deleted).

But in any case all those seem not to be available in Europe. I don’t know whether the Explore function shows you things you cannot watch because of regional restrictions. For instance, the Search function doesn’t.

1 Like

My friends, today is a sad day. Doomsday is around the corner! The most beautiful Korean work, Kill Me Heal Me, lost it’s license in Europe (France for sure). I’m so so so sad!

Please, a moment of silence to honor it’s memory. :cry:
We will never forget you! You will be forever in our heart. :broken_heart:

Love from France! :kissing_heart: :cry: :sob:

5 Likes

RIP License… It’s so rude to not notify us, especially the ones who worked countless hours on it.
I wanted to rewatch it one day and now I cannot even watch it on Viki while I worked so hard on it when it aired.

@camiille why where we not notified?

4 Likes

I’m so sad… I LOVE this kdrama, I wanted to rewatch it… YONA IS YELLING… :smiling_imp: #dégoutée :sob:

oh my goodness! I wish I didn’t open this today!

so many of favorite dramas lost licenses, real upsetting they take these off. many that are mentioned I really liked. some I know are the european licenses and all but still!

I am also upset. so can we find them elsewhere? not just DF or netflix, would asian crush have them yeah what about those pirate links? if I lose “healer” that will be devisatating.

oh yes is there any way we can download them to OUR private library or is that a big no-no. I just hate to see all these fine dramas & movies be taken off cause of licenses!!

.what are they doing to us??? yeah I know there are some that does need to be taken opff. but the ones that were mentioned, so many people watch them. I am finishing up with warrior bae what ever! again what are they doing?

are they wanting us to get off here? and not enough volunteers, give me a break! well I better stop before I say something I shouldnt. well people have a great day, and hopefully we can at least finish our dramas before they are puled off!!

1 Like

is it just Kdramas thats losing licenses?

@frustratedwriter
Well, this thread was in the times Kocowa was founded, so it is about Korean dramas. But I guess you can say that in the streaming business most licenses are temporary.

It’s a hard day for me. I was was puzzled why my - project contributions - suddenly showed, “subtitle update 3 days ago” at FAITH. Well there is no more access for me, :sob:
Finally the license has gone …
Just when I was in need of “High Doctor”

“Faith” was one of my absolute favorites and the licence held out for a long time. No access for me either anymore.

RIP.

3 Likes

oh noooooo! i loved that one too.

1 Like

The licence for Ex-Girlfriend Club has also expired. :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Did the licenses for Chinese Paladin, Good Times, and several other Hu Ge dramas expire? Because I suddenly can’t access them when I was just watching Chinese Paladin yesterday.

Where do you find what licenses are expiring? Did I am not a Robot expire, because it stopped working today?

There is no list, if you thought there would be some “magical” place to go to and look up the availability of a drama or movie.
As viewers many of us do not understand why the licence holders are thinking it is a good thing to not openly let people know about the expiring date, since for us “drama junkies” it is just like food, best use before …
There are two possibilities as far as I know - one - the channel is gone.
Two the channel is still there but either above the videos on the main page of the channel it says not a available in your region or the latest, when you try to play it - it says video not available.

Third is a varity - since no system is perfect - check here
https://twitter.com/VikiStatus

Is it just me or Uncontrollably Fond lost all its license? :sob::tired_face::rage:

https://www.viki.com/tv/28954c-uncontrollably-fond

http://image.en.yibada.com/data/images/full/113570/uncontrollably-fond-is-a-south-korean-television-series-starring-kim-woo-bin-and-bae-suzy.jpg

For me (Europe) says it’s region-locked and the episodes are still there. Which means it’s still available somewhere, right?

2 Likes

@bozoli The same happens to me.
For me (The Americas) says it’s region-locked and episodes are still there.
So weird… :scream:

For me (in the US) “Uncontrollably Fond” is locked and there are no episodes, just trailers.

@bozoli @marykarmelina @aznative
Is it possible that QCs see the episodes as if they were there and others don’t? Because I see them too.

I am not a QC so perhaps that is the difference. Trailers available but no episodes appear on the channel.