Expiring Licenses

i am an gold qc and restricted since a view days. i am from europe

Itā€™s a shame we QCā€™s, who work hard on Viki, face more and more restrictions. I get it licenses are expensive and having a license is better then no license at all but I just donā€™t like it.

3 Likes

@lutra I can see the videos for the episodes displayed there ā€œfrom the front pageā€ of the channel but when you actually click on them for watching them, theyā€™re restricted. My guess, theyā€™ve lost its license :frowning::sob:

1 Like

Hi whats happened to my family doesnt have license for latin AmƩrica please ask for the license again.
Please please
Daniela.

@dannyelita32_368 Sent you a private message. :wink:

In case someone missed the post at the Help Center, it stated Hotel King for Apr 13th 2019, but for me it is still accessible, so I donā€™t know if there is a difference in region or QC status ā€¦

Twenty Again - Jun 14th, 2019
Bubblegum - Jun 14th, 2019

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360000018108--NEW-FEATURE-Expiring-licenses-notification

1 Like

Itā€™s been a long time since I checked Uncontrollably Fond and it is still working in my country.

I hate to see that. , loved the hotel King,

@frustratedwriter Really? I couldnā€™t make it past the first episodes, donā€™t ask me why, never went back to finish it.

I didnā€™t watch all of it either, it got so boring!! I think I went to #5. not sure on that

1 Like

Hi,
Apparently itā€™s still licensed only Europe & ME :frowning:

I noticed that Legend of Zu also lost its license ? I am currently in the USA and about 2 months ago it was working fine for me, now its restricted/unlicensed ?

Yi san lost this licence like two months ago without any warning. My team was still translating cause i took this drama back from a french abusers. We were at episode 72 i think on 76 episodes.

I almost send my computer out by the window.

1 Like

@kylamia I completely understand you, I translated one drama and the English subtitles were re-edited, so a lot of songs were added. And I only had the 3 last episodes to proofread and the songs to add. ā€œPoofā€ - one day restricted.

I now contact Viki about the license end before touching and ā€œolderā€ drama/channel to see if I can meet the deadline, or if it is mission impossible.

It would be great if they could really implement this feature soon: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360000018108--NEW-FEATURE-Expiring-licenses-notification
I feel like after adressing it, they put it on the back seat again. Of couse, yet another front page design change is more relevant :wink:

1 Like

@juliasreise Could you add that link here

Omg, unbelievableā€¦ :grimacing: :hot_face:

1 Like

@kylemia They didnā€™t even bother to inform me or tess who are the channel managers for Yi San.
And I check my inbox almost daily

I learned of the ending of a few viki licenses this past month because the dramas appeared on a major US streaming site which has expanded internationally in the past few years.

Rebel : Thief Who Stole the People just lost its license in Europeā€¦ Yesterday I started watching the first episodes because I wanted to rewatch it. Today, no longer available. Tragedy! One of my favorite dramasā€¦ So, Iā€™m forced to continue on Nā€¦ Thatā€™s destiny, for sure. :disappointed:

Just want to share my sadnessā€¦

3 Likes