Expiring Licenses

I am so so sad. I am going to fill up the form for all those titles.
I am going to re-watch Secret Garden.

3 Likes

I decided to send a notification to the followers of som of my channels to make them aware some really good older drama is about to expire soon. Maybe the newer Kdrama fans have some older Kdrama on their to watch list which will expire soon.

5 Likes

Oh my God how is it possible ?

I was thinking, maybe the community team can post the dramaā€™s that are about to expire in this thread too? We know they sometimes hear it pretty last minute too or when itā€™s already to late but that way the problem with only sending it to inactive CMā€™s who wonā€™t spread it among the followers will be tackled. Ok not everyone reads these forums either but at least itā€™s visible for everyone.

@kris_o @anaheli @jimmy_l @camiille

3 Likes

Busy downloading videos and subs to keep. Not all of the videos are easy to find, though.
Faith, for instance. I couldnā€™t find it anywhere.

Itā€™a not a drama but a staple on Vikiā€¦ RUNNING MAN expires at the end of this month.

1 Like

At least you were warned that the dramas will lose license, we in Chinese dramas and Taiwanese only remove them without saying a word. The Interpretes is one of the new Chinese dramas that lost license without notifying us, I think the previous administration was better, the current administration is not getting good dramas lately and that is so annoying weā€™re subtitling the dramas that Viki wants not the dramas we like, itā€™s stupid the way the channels are created they create channels and they do not obtain the licenses of which it serves that we join them to form the equipment so that we are only like an adornment in them some CMs who contributed a lot to the Chinese dramas are definitely gone from viki due to the new changes. We canā€™t lose good volunteers because of these changes, viki if you are going to create channels that are only those that they obtained the license can not play with our feelings in this way.

2 Likes

that is what Im thinking too, they are probably axing the channels that arenā€™t productively watchedā€¦ and itā€™s not worth to renew licensesā€¦ thatā€™s business wise thinkingā€¦ but still itā€™s a bit weird, some drama seem to be popular I would have thought, the new coming Chinese movies are kinda cheap flicks it seems vikiā€™s strategy has shiftedā€¦ something is going on, like change of the initial product ideaā€¦ might not be what volunteers likedā€¦ :sob:

I watched 3 weeks ago ā€œPrivate Eyeā€ a good kor. movie and a week later it was removed as well because of the license expiration I was told.

Many sad things happening for Viki, letā€™s face it, itā€™s Rakuten, Viki is the dot on the i.

1 Like

Since this morning Iā€™ve been downloading all the subs Iā€™ve ever createdā€¦ Seeing whatā€™s happening with SBS dramas (regardless of year of broadcast), we never know when this can happen with MBC, KBS, tvN etc. Iā€™ve been wondering what is wrong with SBS-Viki relationship since Scarlet Heart Goryeo hasnā€™t been licensed. The least Viki could do was to give us complete list of titles with expiring license. There are dramas which I only subtitled, not moderated. Some Slovak moderators are not active anymore, so even if they recieved message from CM, they wonā€™t do anything about it. Thinking about inactive CMs I feel like cryingā€¦ My work would just disappear without me knowing. In my oppinion, itā€™s not fair. Another thing I wonder about is: Will our contributions be deducted? If so, Iā€™m going to lose about 40 000 subs and this number will probably rise as there can be more ā€œgreat newsā€ to comeā€¦

3 Likes

I think somebody else had asked the same question a few months ago (when the deletion of the fan channels was announced) and I remember they said that no, the subtitle number is not going to be deducted.
They are deducted only if one is an abuser and gains a number of subs by cheating (like writing commas and musical notes). Then they deduct them.

1 Like

Rooftop Prince will expire too on July 17 @cgwm808
https://i0.wp.com/ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6ed99e82gw1drfvxr7gppg.gif

4 Likes

Did someone scroll through the 2000ā€™s to look up the suddenly surfacing fan channels, I guess R-VIKI made a big shopping tour more quantity than quality ā€¦

I canā€™t deny that there are some old ones I really, really love like Hwang Jin Yi, and some titles are questionable like Sassy Girl, Chun Hyang (Delightful?), The Lucifer (Devil), Surgeon Bong Dal Hee, Oh My Lady, The Princessā€™ Man (even I know itā€™s not Princessā€™s ā€¦),

But I really donā€™t like Bad Couple, Get Karl, Again,My Love (Hateful but Once Again), athena,

Title Matchmakerā€™s Lover took me a while till I found Love Marriage ā€¦
If anyone can enlighten me about 2015ā€™s What in the World Happened? ?

I was on the verge believing they could bring Beautiful Days :wink:

2 Likes

Ah. I see why this didnā€™t arrive directly - my name is not spelled correctly.

They are clearly bringing back the drama, it is up for CM bid. There is nothing shown other than that on that channel page, so these are all good questions for the overlords and certainly of interest to anyone bidding for the chair there. I personally am not, although I have enjoyed seeing this drama and would possibly have interest normally in running a quality historical drama.

Since this project was already previously done here, perhaps someone does have the English subs and can shorten the road for ALL the volunteers on that project, that would be a thoughtful and KIND gesture to an incoming CM.

ę–°å¤§é™ø

@deadliftdiva_548
Did you see that they made a HWANG JIN YI channel?

I have that on DVD because it was on sale for cheap when I was ordering stuff at yesasia years ago and was like why not add that DVD box too. Itā€™s entertaining but not like wow what a good Kdramaā€¦LOL

@dudie
Itā€™s not a favorite of mine like - must see
Itā€™s one of the category - guilty pleasure aka vicarious embarrassment, for ā€œsaying it out loudā€

@irmar
Your contribution count will not be reduced when an a channel is deleted. This was a safeguard put in many years ago.

4 Likes

Viki is the only legal source for asian dramas and movies in Germany! Viki - please be aware of this fact!

Well, I donā€™t count Netflix as a real alternative and DF is not available in Germany.

With so many licenses and dramas vanishing, on top of the missing licenses for the upcoming dramas and movies, Viki is loosing a big hunk of viewers and maybe Vikipass payers!

@kris_o @anaheli @jimmy_l @camiille

12 Likes

Yeah for most of the people who do not live in the US, Viki is the ONLY site where we can watch drama legally. I prefer to watch my drama on legal sites but if Viki fails to license or extend a license of a drama I want to watch what other options do we have?

7 Likes

Goodness! Itā€™s a unfortunately that big dramas are missed even for new fans who have not seen it and want to see it here in viki, thatā€™s why a lot of people leave viki and look elsewhere. This could also affect Viki, not just us, but itā€™s a pity they donā€™t consider it that way. :confuso: