Expiring Licenses

But can we get the licence again?

Thank you for posting that list. I guess I will be watching a lot of those dramas this weekend.

1 Like

What about ā€œReturn of Supermanā€? What about these tvN dramas? :sob:

1. Reply series
  2. Another Oh Hae Young.
  3. Oh My Ghostess
  4. Letā€™s Eat 1,2
  5. Bring it on Ghost
  6. Emergency Couple
  7. My Wife is Having an Affair this week.
  8. Cheese in the trap
  9. I need romance season 1, 2, 3
  10. Bubblegum
  11. Queen Inhyunā€™s Man
  12. Hidden Identity
  13. Signal
  14. Memory
  15. Cinderella and 4 Knights
1 Like

Add love myself or you! To the listā€¦ :sob::sob:

1 Like

Yes Maā€™am, I did.

This appears to be the old drama - from either 2005 or 2006 off the top of my head.

I could naturally run and take a look at LACruiserā€™s thoughtfully laid out (now inherited by me) Sageuk Channel - a great place for reference on where things are in the continuum of history for dramas :). Heā€™s done a great job over the years and now I hope it will not fall apart with my stewardship. :slight_smile:

Okay. Donā€™t take this wrong, overlordsā€¦butā€¦I would much rather have got Jingbirok, Jeong Do Jeon, Jang Youngsil, and even Sejong the Great - if we were getting older Korean dramas. (Sejong the Great is a remarkable drama and the actors playing Taejong and Sejong reprise their roles in Jang Youngsilā€¦).

GeNie of the Lampā€¦the Element(al) of Editing

3 Likes

In addition to the current pain on K drama side, letā€™s not forget the fan channel videos about to get wiped out on the C drama side. :frowning: this is about 40 percent of ALL the videos we have there.

About 700 drama channels. When the fan channels with videos goā€¦this number will diminish to around 400 channels with videosā€¦and some are pending channels which have no license and no video. 2017 - there are 97 channelsā€¦and about 15 have actual dramas active in them.

Watch your favorites, explore the ones you thought you would watch ā€œSOMEDAYā€ or when you were between projects. Download your subs. Contact your Teams.

Thisā€¦is turning into somewhat a funeral for loved onesā€¦our videosā€¦our effortsā€¦and sometimes yes, our friends when life is tough, or even to celebrate our momentsā€¦we watch our favorites.

Whether they are fan channels or licensed, it is clear the writing is on the wall, and the overlord scythe is imminent.

Take a day off from working on our projects. Watch our departing friends instead.

Crouching Dieter, Hidden Donut
soon to be only in memory, Go Princess Go!, Novoland, and many moreā€¦along with Tree with Deep Rootsā€¦The Great Dcotorā€¦!

1 Like

And the worst thing is, other language viewers are mostly affected.

Volunteers obviously can watch with English subs, and thereā€™s usually a way to find English subs, even if itā€™s not on Viki.

But most other languages? Thatā€™s the end of the line.

5 Likes

Actually, the English sub out there may not be good as what volunteers work in their projects.

Quality or not, we still get to watch somehow (remember all those people saying they just care ā€œfor the general meaningā€ of the subs and not the quality? Thereā€™s a lot of them.)

People who rely on Viki for subs in their language, though, theyā€™ll just not get to watch at all.

(Which by the way is what I think Rakuten is going for anyway.)

Are those expiring ā€“ Iā€™m channel manager on several of them and have not received any notices!!!

@cgwm808
I think she is only asking what the status of these dramas is?
I donā€™t think there is any information of those channel to expire.

1 Like

Itā€™s because I know that English is widely available but other language subs are not that I pm the team for each drama I know is being expired. So they can at least save their own work.

1 Like

What do you mean? Are those expiring?
Itā€™s not possible, as Bring it on Ghost was licensed only recently, and Cinderella and 4 Knights was never licenced to begin with.

I need to know because Iā€™m currently editing Oh My Ghostess and gathering a team to start translating Memory into Italian by the end of this month.

1 Like

@irmar and @cgwm808 I think she means to ask wether or not those licenses will expire too. But Iā€™m not sure as some are not on Viki to begin with.

@trangle8507 We are not Viki staff and so far they didnā€™t reply in this topic either so we donā€™t know. To contact Viki you can mail them by help@viki.com or filling in this form: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Mahoula is GR moderator for Queen Inhyunā€™s Man. @mahoula, in case itā€™s expiring, just a heads up.

That drama can be found and downloaded. I just looked.
Itā€™s just that for many of those series, viki subs wonā€™t go well with other videos, and other videos donā€™t have languages other than English. I donā€™t mind terribly, as I understand English (although viki subs are better most of the time), but itā€™s a great loss for all those other people who have trouble if itā€™s not in their language.

For now, Iā€™m binge-watching ā€œFaithā€, and loving it. Very cleverly written. And I discovered itā€™s the same writer in The King Loves.

2 Likes

Exactly, thatā€™s what I said, too.

For me personally, Viki or not, Iā€™ll be fine. But many viewers will have a problem watching dramas.

Did Warrior Baek Dong Soo expire? Was in the middle of watching and now says unavailable?

Iā€™ve been disappointed by VIKI too many times over the last few monthsā€¦popular dramas not getting licensedā€¦licenses lost for so many good dramasā€¦old dramas getting licensed that are not worth watchingā€¦thatā€™s not why I pay monthly for a ā€œVIKI PASSā€! My heartfelt ā€˜THANK YOUā€™ to all the volunteers who have contributed to the lost channelsā€¦your time and efforts made it possible for many to enjoy these dramas!!!

4 Likes

Itā€™s on my personal list as licensed to Viki, but I just checked Viki and the channel says Warrior Baek Dong-soo is not available in my region (USA).