Expiring Licenses

@imjleh
It seems still available in Europe, we only got notified about completely ending licenses, means for all areas. If “only” certain regions are blocked is not forwarded by viki. Sorry, that your enjoyment of watching the drama had a sudden end.

@irmar I have downloaded the videos and the subs for faith if you would like them. Even though our Greek subs need editing from ep 3 and above.
@glykeria Thank you for the heads up. I will download everything. I hope I will not be late though.
Viki staff informed me the other day we lost incarnation of money without a warning so now I can save the subs but I can’t save the videos.
I can try and find other videos but I hate timing.It’s really time-consuming.

3 Likes

I was in the middle of watching You’re Beautiful and it seems the license has expired :frowning:

2 Likes

Hello!
I think that if you make contact with the followers in the other languages (portugues, spanish), there will be more support for your request. Not all of us read English.
I do not know very well the operation of VIki or the type of campaigns that you impel. But if you explain the way to support you in Spanish, I will do my best to contribute. Regards!!!

1 Like

Weird, because I tried and I can watch this drama for now.

Do you live in the same region as she?

I don’t think so. But if there is an expiry of licence it’s for everyone. No?

What if they had bought licence for region 1 for X years and licence for region 2 for Y years, so one expired first? Just guessing here.

Yes, it’s possible. :confused:

More titles are expiring:

The Woman Who Married Three Times
Jang Ok Jeong
King of Dramas
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
School 2013
Secret

Just got the notices this morning.

3 Likes

Yep, it seems so. Eeeek!

Prime Minister is Dating
Smile, Mom
Trot Lovers
Madly in Love

They might as well take down ALL of the shows. We have none left.

2 Likes

@karime_salas_3
I can access it too, I am from Europe, so maybe there is a regional difference?

Ja Myung Go
Painter of the Wind

1 Like

In my inbox there is a note from an hour ago PROSECUTOR PRINCESS license has expired.

That is totally pissing me off, we were 2 German subbers and didn’t even have the chance to save the subtitles.

Anyway, bye, bye Ma Hae Ri!

This is actually a fact. The Coffee Prince licence expired for Europe, but still works fine for the US.

NB! If you have a QC status, different rules may apply.

Also, if all regional licences expired for a project, only then will the episodes be removed from the channel, but the channel itself will stay on Viki.

What I would like to know is if there is any point in applying for licence renewals through the application form? @mariliam @anon20195650

3 Likes

Oh my so many Kdrama I wanted to rewatch…

4 Likes

I have asked for some clarification as to how this whole process is working out. I did get the notice this morning for “My Girlfriend is a Gumiho” but I was still able to download the English subs. The notice I got from @camiille says that “it has expired,” which lead me to believe that the episodes were gone but maybe it is by region and QC status is different too like @bozoli mentioned.

I hope we can get a clearer picture from the powers that be because this whole process has had very little detail.

@kris_o @jimmy_l @anaheli

1 Like

There is one drama to add to the list of expiring licenses : Temptation Of Wife.

@Dudie Me too.

I fear to go to my inbox every time I look there is a new “envelope” waiting, I don’t want to open any of them any longer …

2 Likes